My lovely morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this morning when I woke up, I usually feed my dragon and get ready for school. This time I was feeding my dragon and the super worm started climbing my finger and I got a nice bite from my dragon. 2 cuts (cleaned sufficiently with rubbing alcohol) and some pretty by pain for about 5 minutes. Watch out! :lol:

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Sounds like he don't care where his superworms are he gets what he wants nothing matter what,lol!!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I guess I've been lucky. My beardie's strategy seems to be to use his tongue to capture his CRX (CRickets and CockRoaches and CRunchy CReepy CRawly CRitters) and then chew them up once he gets them in his mouth. So it seems like I'm fairly safe when I'm feeding him just as long as I don't stick my fingers in his mouth, although I've had my fingers zapped with his little sticky tongue a number of times.

Back in the day before we swore off superworms, I used to give them to him on a little plate (after I rolled them in vitamins and calcium), so my fingers were out of the "strike zone".

And BTW, mine has never been very good at chewing his food thoroughly. They're all different -- some you can get away with hand feeding more than others. You were wise to disinfect -- glad too hear it didn't hurt for too long.

SquirtTheDragon

Original Poster
SHBailey":24yqkd0j said:
I guess I've been lucky. My beardie's strategy seems to be to use his tongue to capture his CRX (CRickets and CockRoaches and CRunchy CReepy CRawly CRitters) and then chew them up once he gets them in his mouth. So it seems like I'm fairly safe when I'm feeding him just as long as I don't stick my fingers in his mouth, although I've had my fingers zapped with his little sticky tongue a number of times.

Back in the day before we swore off superworms, I used to give them to him on a little plate (after I rolled them in vitamins and calcium), so my fingers were out of the "strike zone".

And BTW, mine has never been very good at chewing his food thoroughly. They're all different -- some you can get away with hand feeding more than others. You were wise to disinfect -- glad too hear it didn't hurt for too long.
Our beardies seem to be opposite! He would rather bit his food rather than use his tongue, but whatever helps him eat his food :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom