Neck Snugglers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Thane falls asleep on me like this every night. He scoots his tiny little self right up into the crook of my neck. Every now and then he wiggles to adjust himself AND HIS LITTLE NAILS TICKLE SO MUCH.

It's my favorite thing ever. Anyone else have a neck snuggler at home?

89594-7972267857.jpg

SDragons

Juvie Member
Kirby does every night before bed. When we got him he was 6" and fit well and I couldn't even feel his weight. Now at 20" he still likes to snuggle but takes up much more room.

One of the best parts of owning a beardie is all the snuggles. If I would have know how snuggly they were I would have gotten one much sooner.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I never expected the snuggles either! Honestly, Thane would sleep on me all day if I let him. Especially with the cold winter months. Even though we keep the apartment, and his tank, nice and warm, he just... knows... somehow how freezing it is outside, lol. However, he's too young and thin (he's an ADV baby) to brumate.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Aww Thane is so tiny! Love snuggles :love5:
My big girl Mufasa likes to snuggle on my neck, but she doesn't do the little butt wiggle usually she scratches whatever shes on like shes trying to burrow and her nails don't tickle anymore :lol: Then my other beardie Norberta likes to run herself around till shes too tired to run anymore then she likes to hide in my clothes or a blanket and she DOES wiggle her bottom which his so cute to watch. Doesn't really do neck snuggles though.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
MufasasMomMakayla":300kle86 said:

Yes, he is VERY tiny. I got him about a month and a half ago from a Petco (knowing nothing of the poor treatment at these stores, at the time) and am doing my best to nurture him to health and put some meat on his bones.

I don't actually know how old he is. When I purchased him, the store said 3 or 4 months, but after a quick look at some growth charts, he was probably only 3 or 4 weeks. He's still only about 8 inches long (nose to tail) and 22g in weight.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
YoursTruly":rsdiwlsi said:
MufasasMomMakayla":rsdiwlsi said:

Yes, he is VERY tiny. I got him about a month and a half ago from a Petco (knowing nothing of the poor treatment at these stores, at the time) and am doing my best to nurture him to health and put some meat on his bones.

I don't actually know how old he is. When I purchased him, the store said 3 or 4 months, but after a quick look at some growth charts, he was probably only 3 or 4 weeks. He's still only about 8 inches long (nose to tail) and 22g in weight.

Ah yes, I was in a boat very similar to yours a year ago, but it was partially due to my lack of research. Mufasa was tiny when I got her, about four inches (she was missing a good chunk of her tail) and I couldn't get her to eat even what the petstore told me she should eat which was two crickets a day :mad: I didn't have a UVB light and so she just wouldn't grow. Now shes still pretty stunted especially with her lack of tail but now is healthy and chubby and loves to eat! Prayers for little Thane and you, I wish you both the best of luck!

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ugh, I hope Thane gets that big! He's still so skinny :(

Other cute antics: I was just giving him some crickies and he ate one so quickly that he had an antenna hanging out of his mouth after

XD

RachelG

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Frank Ocean
My Lenny loves neck snuggles too! I love it when he scoots himself all up!
89494-1803492392.jpg

Enderess

YoursTruly":aj8bhl3q said:
HIS LITTLE NAILS TICKLE SO MUCH.

You'll get used to it. I have rats, and when I first got them, I could barely let them crawl on me because their little claws tickled me.

SDragons

Juvie Member
Every night ours snuggles under my house coat and falls asleep. I LOVE my evening snuggles. No way I let my husband snuggle the dragon before bed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom