Yoshi's Story

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Yoshi's Story

Postby Volt » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:13 pm

My original bearded dragon, Bowser, that I acquired from craigslist ended up passing away due to a serious impaction. He'd only been in my home for a week, but I still cried for him when he died, poor little thing. I wasn't going to be discouraged, though, so several days later I went down to the friendly new pet store in my area to check out the babies there. I wiggled my finger at them and one of them was trying to catch it through the glass, and I decided that was the one I wanted. Came back that weekend and picked him up! It's Yoshi!

Had a little scare when he stopped eating for a few days, so I took him to the vet and it turns out he was just dehydrated! He's all better now and is eating well and less skinny. I'm not sure exactly how old he is, but I last measured him a couple weeks ago and he was about 6.5 inches long.
Volt
Newbie Poster

Re: Yoshi's Story

Postby Gormagon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:23 pm

Cute little guy!

Sorry to hear about Bowser's passing!
SLAVE TO A KIND BUT, DEMANDING MASTER "PEACHES"
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles and, worry! A magical realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon?, Ha Ha....guess again..... Like it or not, you are now a slave, lol!
Gormagon
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby OzzieBorealis » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:11 pm

Sorry to hear about bowser, wish you well with Yoshi. he has beautiful colors similar to my Saphira. Ill have to get pictures tomorrow she just shed and is a little aggressive today.

EDIT: she let me pick her up
[Click image to enlarge]
I have a female juvenile Beardie named Saphira.
OzzieBorealis
Newbie Poster

Postby Volt » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Aww, Saphira and Yoshi do have similar patterns! How old is she?

Seems I misremembered Yoshi's measurements last time! He was 5.5 inches, and is now 6 inches. He's also getting to be quite the chub! He's been gobbling up the phoenix worms. Gotta go to the store tomorrow to get some greens to see if he wants to try them. For those reading, how many times a week would you recommend dusting with multivitamins for a dragon his size? Also, I understand that phoenix worms are high in calcium, so I haven't been dusting them with calcium powder, but should I?

Sorry for the picture dump, but he is just very cute.

Volt
Newbie Poster

Postby Volt » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:47 pm

My Yoshi finally shed! I was worried about him for a while as he didn't seem to be growing much lengthwise, and had never shed since I'd had him... But now that we have each other figured out it seems he's starting to get up to speed.

Volt
Newbie Poster

Postby traildrifterphalanx » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:46 pm

I love him...

Glad to see there's a fellow geek on here :D
My cat is named Yoshi, after initially adopting 2 brother cats my sister named Mario and Luigi and then Yoshi was rescued as a stray kitten.
My dragons are named Simon and Richter after the Castlevania series, looks like you're going with a Mario theme :wink:

I look forward to your journeys with Yoshi! But please, don't get him to eat by punching the back of his head
ImageImageImage
traildrifterphalanx
Website Supporter
Website Supporter

Postby Volt » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:52 pm

Yes! Though Yoshi gained the nickname "Noot" somewhere along the way!

Here he is on the first day I brought him home vs. him today!

...and growing! :blob8:
Volt
Newbie Poster

Postby Gormagon » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:31 pm

Wow!! He doesn't move much but, beautiful colors, lol!!
SLAVE TO A KIND BUT, DEMANDING MASTER "PEACHES"
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles and, worry! A magical realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon?, Ha Ha....guess again..... Like it or not, you are now a slave, lol!
Gormagon
Sub-Adult Poster

Return to Beardie Tales