Bert is Obsessed with our PS4

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Bert is Obsessed with our PS4

Postby ClydesGirl » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:45 am

We try to let Bert out of his viv whenever we are home during the day, now that we have a nice set-up for him on the floor. He has a basking spot, a mercury vapor bulb, and a guinea pig fence to keep him from falling to his death.

[Click image to enlarge]

However, he spends an inordinate amount of time lying on our PS4 instead of his basking rock. He climbs up onto the bottom shelf of our TV stand and will just lay there for hours if we let him. At first I thought maybe it was warm, but i have felt it and it definitely doesn't feel warm to the touch at all. It's always turned off, as we spend most of our gaming time playing on our laptops these days. Any idea why he likes it so much there?

[Click image to enlarge]
ClydesGirl
Sub-Adult Poster

Re: Bert is Obsessed with our PS4

Postby KozmoRox » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:31 am

First of all, He has good taste. Those Nintendo dragons have no idea whats up! And he's probably trying to tell you he wants to play Uncharted 4, super fun game! HaHa! He sure is a cutie!!

My Kozmo has her favorite hiding spots too, under the console and on my last shelf of the bookcase behind a vase. She used to be quite happy at the window under her mercury vapor bulb, but that was before her brumation. Slowly but surely she spent more time hiding & napping than basking.
Kozmo's Mom ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ
KozmoRox
Hatchling Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:15 pm

It's because it's a cozy/safe spot. It's common for them to find favorite spots like that. Dundee's favorite spot was on top of the Atari under a shelf (that was holding a Nintendo). He just wedged in there all the time and watched the room. It's my signature photo. Here's the larger version:

[Click image to enlarge]
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby ClydesGirl » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:03 am

Ha! I'm glad Bert isn't the only beardie who loves consoles. What weirdos they are!
ClydesGirl
Sub-Adult Poster

Return to Beardie Tales