The Loki Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing a lot of threads about people's dragons, I decided to make one for my little Loki.

This is him:
87623-7030353751.jpg
87623-5285316268.jpg
87623-624549808.jpg

He is about 3 1/2 months, and I bought him at ReptiCon last month. He is extremely goofy and sometimes...well, not so bright :wink: He's tried attacking a plastic container of dubia multiple times and uses his basking platform supports like a way to slide down to the ground :lol:

Now, my thread probably won't be as good as Saphira's or Skipper's, but I'll try.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So Loki just went through a big shed, and is pushing 10.5 inches! He is close to 5 months old, and will eat about anything (crickets, roaches, greens). He is still very tentative and defensive around me though :?

What are your personal experiences with taming? How long did it take?

SDragons

Juvie Member
He's a cutie.

For taming it's just a matter of the two of you getting used to each other. Each animal is different. A consistent routine is the best for them to get used to you.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Dunno why I didn't see this before Loki. I'm glad to see you shouted out my thread :) You are one handsome little dude.

In my dragon opinion, I think you should talk to Loki a lot. I like when my slave speaks to me, and I like to make him think I understand spanish! Also, try not to approach Loki from above. We have the instinct to think it may be a bird or other predator.

Try hand feeding Loki some bugs. We dragons can rarely resist bugs... even from a human hand.

All dragons are different. It took me a few months to get used to my human, but I know a 2 week old dragon who already loves interacting.

Minimum3

Hatchling Member
Are you talking about my Saphira? Cause if you are don't tell him. His ego is already to much.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thought since it's been so long since I last posted on here, I'd do an update:

Some pictures taken this morning:
87623-7484495863.jpg
87623-4394513923.jpg
87623-399342576.jpg
87623-612415942.jpg
87623-5631768582.jpg

He is almost 7 months and is pushing 13" (full length including tail)! He seems a little small though... what were your beardie's length at this age?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Minimum3":26pr4r73 said:
He looks healthy to me. I got Phira about this age he was about the same size.

Okay, thank you =) I just want him to be happy and healthy :D

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
He is incredibly adorable!
Those big beady eyes :lol:

All dragons of course grow at different rates. I'd say Loki is a little on the smaller end, but could always hit a huge growth spurt!
My older girl is quite little, being almost 2yrs now and only 16.5" long. I'm unsure if there's anything I did wrong or if it's just genetics. My younger guy just hit about 6 1/2 mo old and is already 16.25" long and going at a pace of .5" per week (2"/mo)! I keep referring to him as my little alligator due to size, but there's always the likelihood he could stop growing or even get a large growth spurt still.

I'm sure Loki will become the champion you need regardless of his size :D

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Looks like Loki's happy and healthy to me! Handsome, too! :)

Seems he's filling out nicely, but still got some of that baby-face going on, too cute! Gotta love the beardie gut. :p Thomas is around 16 inches right now, and he's 6 months old. I also had one dragon that seemed to stop growing when he hit about a year, then had a massive spurt and shot up 3 more inches in a month and a half!

They are definitely all different, just like us people, and it's the love and health and happiness that matters! :D

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks y'all for the responses. Loki is now about 15" and 9 months old. He seems pretty long, but definitely needs to fill out. He still seems so little to me :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom