Skipper's Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Day 1:

I pooped in the food bowl today. Slave didnt seem happy and I'm not sure why. Slave gave me the stink eye while he cleaned up poop. I gave slave stink eye to get even.

Stink eye worked. Slave felt bad and gave me a raspberry. I refused to eat my veggies until slave gave me another. I finished my veggies and have decided to bask.

I kicked sand into my water bowl. Slave cleaned and refilled it. I kicked more sand into my water bowl. Slave cleaned it again. Humans are silly, he knows I don't drink from it anyway.

Update: Slave is reading in spanish again. I think he is mental. Although I do love hearing Dónde Está Eduardo...

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Skipper was looking very happy and colorful after dinner today. After devouring her veggies she got a few waxworms as a reward for not pooping in her food or water bowl.

89112-8410045518.jpg

But of course, she left me a big present a few minutes later... Right in her food bowl :banghead:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Skipper is a cutie pie! She looks very content & healthy also. :D
What type of substrate is that, a towel?

Tracie

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well drache, slave calls my beloved sleeping material "walnut shells." I overheard him say it is getting replaced with tile soon. I'm not sure what "tile" is, but it doesn't sound comfortable. Apparently walnut is "bad for me."
Slave better give me a comfy towel at night!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Slave is right =). Slave should also consider some awesome Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (or whatever is cheap at the store) fleece to provide a nice soft bedding that is easy to clean. I've found that goes on top of the tiles well and is a good place for them to burrow into for sleeping.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use fleece squares that were designed as blankets but if you can get cheap fleece at JoAnn or similar you can cut it up into rectangles that will allow for digging/nesting. Depends on her behavior. Based on what I've seen she may just bury her head under one fleece square. Either way it provides a nice soft insulation over the tile which is nice at night. Darwin has a couple of custom blankets from Sarah's Dragon Rescue in Utah which are great. She uses the money to fund her rescue operations and the blankets are pretty cool =). <shamelesscommerce> https://www.etsy.com/shop/PamperedBeardies </shamelesscommerce>

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've thought about making a fleece zip cover for the ceramic tiles. I have no idea how to do that though so he has settled for fleece squares on top and has been content. =)

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I got home from school and noticed a nice present from Skipper. Of course, it's in her food bowl

89112-7825498748.jpg

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Slate has been put in... I assume Skipper's stink eye means she isn't a big fan.

However... she seems to love her new blanky. I guess it works as a compromise.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think she'll learn to like it in the long run. They don't tend to be big fans of change at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom