Guess who doesn't like bok choy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in my infinite wisdom, I decided to get Peaches something different to put in her salad this morning......boy was that a bad idea.
Apparently little miss Peaches doesn't care for Bok Choy in the least!!!
I fed her before I went to work this morning and mixed up her yellow squash, turnip and collard greens as usual but with one exception "bok choy" was added.
I went to work as she was tilting her head sideways looking at it like a monkey trying to solve a math problem.
About an hour later I get a phone call from my wife (she sound like she just ran a marithon) while telling me that our beloved Peaches decided to decorate he enclosure with her salad and then pooped in the middle of it (what a brat,lol) not once but twice.
I guess she has a way of telling me she doesn't like something now.

Does anyone else have this happen?

dragonlady1966

Lol, I bet you won't make that mistake again.... But seriously how will we know what they do and do not like unless we try right? Good luck with your next attempt to add new things to her salad.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
dragonlady1966":2mpjaqd0 said:
Lol, I bet you won't make that mistake again.... But seriously how will we know what they do and do not like unless we try right? Good luck with your next attempt to add new things to her salad.
Ya, no kidding. She didn't even get that mad when I put basil in it "1 TIME" :shock: :shock: , LOL!!!

Minimum3

Hatchling Member
That's funny. I gave Saphira some Cauliflower the other day. Mostly because I was a bad Hooman and didn't get his favorite food. And it was all I really had along with some Broccoli. I thought he was going to hate it. And he did. Well I thought he did. Until when he was doing his running around and tried to eat everything white. So I put some more in just to see and he went insane over it. Then I got him his favorite mix of food and put a little cauliflower in the mix... it was still setting in his bowl the next day... Silly Dragon.

Yes!
A few months ago we acquired an adult beardie named Skim who is extremely picky about his salad ingredients.
If there is anything in the mix he doesn't like he tends to dig through the whole dish eating just his favorite choice pieces then trashing the place with the remaining bits to show his dissatisfaction.
So far he wont eat carrots, peppers, grapes...these have all caused redecorating episodes, he's rather indifferent to strawberries, just stares at them suspiciously.
I think he'd be happy if we let him eat mustard greens and super worms only forever.

During Christmas holiday I accidentally ran out of fresh veggies but decided to use the weird cereal tablet food that came with the random assortment of things we got when we took Skim in.
I figured he most likely would hate it but probably would eat enough not to starve til I went out to the store. An hour after feeding him I walked by to see that every single red piece of food had been eaten out of the mix, but there were green and yellow pieces thrown everywhere around the viv. Extemely PICKY!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
And they say that you should mix up your beardie's salad for variety so they can't pick out their favorites. Yeah, right :p They are more than capable of picking out their favorites, thank you.

Back in the good old days when our beardie used to eat his salad all by himself (instead of having it poked in his mouth by my husband while he's busy chewing on a cricket), I could always tell when he didn't like something in the mix because I'd find pieces of it scattered all around the dish.

Then there was the time we put a little dish of strawberries next to his greens. He has never liked "sweets", and I used to envy him because I'd probably be healthier myself if I didn't like sweets as much as I do, but that's another story... Anyway, he plowed through the strawberries to get to the greens, and then left little strawberry footprints all over everything on his way back up to his basking platform.

These days we're pretty much down to crickets and roaches and collard greens and spring mix, based on what's available and what he'll even consider eating. Still considering trying him with a few selections from one of the local salad bars whenever we can get around to it, and looking forward to dandelions in the summer -- our yard is full of them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom