Fireball Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceLarryOzzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm not sure he likes his new set up. Lol.
He keeps giving me the evil eye. Has not moved for a while!

Question.... I have a 24 inch t5 10% UVB bulb that is suspended about 12 inches from the floor across the back right side of the tank. I then have a national geographic double dome light fixture on the right side with his CHE and a 75 watt bulb for heat and light. Is he going to get enough UVB from where the UVB is compared to his basking spot? The basking spot is 110 on the higher hammock.
Thanks!
88557-5873708785.jpg

BruceLarryOzzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have joined the club of super stubborn beardies! Oh my goodness. I had to change out Larry's hammock for a new one and he refused to stay on it! Which is not good because it's also his basking spot. Could it be the color? It is green with frogs. The other one was black with pink flamingos. So very funny but it makes me worried.

I have put the flamingo one back in but he is in his hide. Where he has been for basically three days.

What a brat!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
It's my understanding that they do have full color vision, so it could be that he doesn't like the new color. Darker colors can also absorb more heat, so it's possible that the darker colored one was able to get a little bit warmer too.

It will be interesting to see what he does about it when he comes out of his hide :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom