Sylphie's dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a few days it'll be a month since we bought our pair of beardies. At first it was more of my boyfriend wanting them, but now I'm sooo in love with them that I'm sure we'll get more in future.

The more "orange" one is called Dragon Feet (oddball from oddball&citrus pairing) and is a female, the grey one (het. hypo citrus orange leatherback) is Bazyl, male.

After that month I noticed that Dragon Feet is more calm, she's the type that will lay and be petted. I'm not sure if that's because she's more shy and afraid of wandering around, or just more lazy, haha!

LKpH9qh.jpg

9FkokrU.jpg

47QsGyN.jpg

Bazyl on the contrary will sit still for a few minutes but then he'll try to jump around to see everything. Again, not sure if he's afraid and tries to hide from me, or more courageous and just likes to see everything around.

ZHBWKbm.jpg

CbO7MBF.jpg

Eau2Yd4.jpg

And today I decided that every month I'll do a progress pics, because man, they are growing soo fast. Especially the Dragon Feet, I never had reptile growing as fast as her.

qEGs4Fz.jpg

tDqrEys.jpg

(I'm sorry that the first pic is in box, I didn't thought of doing progress pics at the time).

Sylphie

Original Poster
Thank you Spunky and SpacialCoogs!

Time for pics of Basil! <3 I really love her red stripes on chins, it's perfect match for her white&grey colors.

JcLlbJe.jpg

96xHvFS.jpg

UQUxRHb.jpg

HhRPdbw.jpg

ZBU8oqY.jpg

tKRfZ71.jpg

Sylphie

Original Poster
Today was the first sunny day in this month so I decided to do December update pics of our dragons! The pics went fairly well considering that our building is between two others and it's always darker than outside. I really want spring already to take good, outdoor pics of our animals!

Bazyl is being yellower and yellower with each shed. Here he is a little dull as he still needs to shed some parts. It's funny how he looks totally different at each angle and light!
As always my hands are all scratched as he was trying to run off... I need to star wearing gloves when holding him, since it's not like he's aggressive, he just sits few minutes and then wants to wander about by himself couse he's a big man and I will not tell him what he can and can't do! He's the biggest dragon for now, growing like a weed.

jkSOeYR.jpg

rPDy4C6.jpg

Zbg87hG.jpg

C6nwcjS.jpg

mihMUCD.jpg

5aWoSOX.jpg

JhjJ61D.jpg

OAvK2Kj.jpg

FSaBQ6S.jpg

Dragon Feet is the sweetest one as always, she stopped growing as fast recently. We finally teached her that roaches are nothing scary and she will eat them when they are in her bug bowl (if they wander in her cage she will pretend she can't see them).

IKD1Eii.jpg

Qnfhigs.jpg

nPnlNjy.jpg

bJ2ly66.jpg

Basil as always taked her weird pose that makes her super fat... She's a little round but nowhere near as much as on the pics. She's also normally a lot lighter but she doesn't like being held too much and is always darker from the stress. I start to wonder if she may be a bearded&rankin's mix since she grows a little, but is still pretty small for a 6 months old beardie.

KRrmgUV.jpg

ribRroy.jpg

AXtq2qt.jpg

083cizJ.jpg

TupvgT0.jpg

Sylphie

Original Poster
JessPets thank you!

I did some update pics of our girls today as it's a nice, sunny day! Still need to take update of our boy too, but since he scratches me a lot I really don't like handling him recently... Any tips what to do with their nails? They have some stone slates in their tanks but it doesn't help too much...

Also I wanted a tegu soo much, but with two new dogs and a pony (we're buying house in the village and the seller can't take the animals with him so they'll stay with us) plus all our animals we really won't have enough money + space to feed such a big lizard... so I guess we'll stay with beardies and maybe some other small lizards. Any tips what other species are as friendly as beardies?

PvvpOgx.jpg

kRT9WQ8.jpg

siXVlfV.jpg

mYdlLND.jpg

SNvFxh6.jpg

Sylphie

Original Poster
A little late "January" update on Bazyl! He was in shed, so that's why his monthly update is now moved two weeks later. He's soo more yellow now that I can't really describe how amazed I am. Just look at the pics and see the difference!

And yes, I know that the gloves look kinda funny with beardie, but I have really delicate skin and he has really shaaarp nails, so when he starts to scratch ("I'm a big man, you can't hold me in place!") I end up with soo many stinging marks that I just decided to use gloves. Unfortunately he hates clipping his nails, and the stone slates don't help, so it'll be big bad*ss gloves for now.

Him as a baby:
ju9I8F5.jpg

At around 5 months old:
MmWuiLX.jpg

Today at 9 months old:
BatFKUf.jpg

ZyKv9IP.jpg

Ft2pHKz.jpg

Glyhslv.jpg

nTAgTOb.jpg

Sylphie

Original Poster
I finaly uploaded March pics from the camera!

Here is Basil, normal around 9/10 months old
1LEmUCR.jpg

WLrVLEj.jpg

YzvTXUF.jpg

Orange oddball Dragon Feet, 11 months old
PQsrojx.jpg

jEtqSas.jpg

efKTjkR.jpg

and our big boy Bazyl, orange citrus leatherback, also 11 months old, who is already as big as adult male dragon

SsGfKXQ.jpg

WEDWijU.jpg

y1oHbAk.jpg

Sylphie

Original Poster
Underbite

Uhh, when we bought our beardies we keep a small bowls with calcium mixed with water in their tanks, so that they could eat some if they needed more than what they got with food (all three of them used those calcium bowls once in a while). But then after a few months some people told me to take those bowls away as they should have calcium only mixed with food and it could be dangerous for the dragons to eat pure calcium. Well, I was stupid and since it was opinion of more experienced breeders/owners I did take the calcium bowls away.

Now, the last month was really crazy with me being sick, looking for new house and having some problems with scammers, so I was just giving the reptiles their food, cleaning and making sure they generally look healthy. Only now did I noticed that our big boy Bazyl has some underbite! He's growing super fast, at 1 year old he was more than 20inches (he's now 13 months old), and from what I read it can happen in beardies that grow too fast and don't have enough calcium to keep up with the growing speed... If only I still had the additional bowls in their tanks I'm sure he would eat it when he felt the need...

Now I again gave all our beardies bowls with calcium as well as gave the poor Bazyl some liquid calcium with syringe, but I'm really worried about him :( They have UVB light and we change it every 10-12 months (and it's low enough to reach the beardies) so at least I know that it's a problem with calcium and not with uvb too.

KlhPy8I.jpg

5KjR1zC.jpg

XOsqTjW.jpg

Sylphie

Original Poster
Wow, I wasn't on this forum for soo long! All our beardies are already adults and all grown up, so I'll spam you with the pictures I did since the last update!

Bazylia:
7huBuzV.jpg

1c8E3Zk.jpg

1UjBn4K.jpg

aRzHkK0.jpg

nUHKESE.jpg

I0zeT86.jpg

VSzqs9H.jpg

A53Dfbg.jpg

Y3WxTlx.jpg

mMvTpAY.jpg

C20Ea6u.jpg

x541il7.jpg

XYkT5RX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom