Free Range Scaley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scaley and I got to enjoy some much needed deck time yesterday.

She wandered around the back yard and ate some ants. She managed to get out of her harness so I'm going to have to figure out a new harness system if I want her to be able to roam a bit.

86279-4178647897.jpg

86279-785377492.jpg

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I re-read the submission requirements and I think the first two would violate copyright so I'll be submitting the third unless I can find time to take pics tomorrow. Alex was nice enough to give me little extra time due to the specialized nature of the picture.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Someone is full of vinegar this morning.

I put out a salad for her, there were even her favourite - Raspberries. She didn't like the grapes or squash yesterday, wasn't a fan of bok choy, collard greens or cabbage.

This is how she made her displeasure known.

86279-4573658239.jpg
86279-6233410048.jpg

As a good slave I have her perched on my shoulders now where she can watch my hubby play Star Ocean on the PS4. She's quite content now.

It's a good thing I"m hitting the grocery store today, I can get her highness some new veg to try.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
As a good beardie slave I opened the blinds so she could lie in the sun and watch the world outside.

86279-1141057858.jpg

And yes, I should have learned from Peaches!

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Little miss has been all sleepy lately so I've been letting her do her own thing. I got her up today to make sure she was hydrated and it was a good thing, she seemed to drink half her bathwater. lol

Here she is giving me the stink eye "Can I get a little privacy hooooman!"

86279-1166811739.jpg

And now that she's all warm she's in an after bath burrito and snuggles. I'll put her back a little later in the afternoon so she can continue to sleep. I think she's going to miss all the trick or treaters tomorrow, and she has such a cool outfit.

86279-7042563045.jpg

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So Scaley has been sleeping, but I've noticed a little bit of odd behavior that I'm not sure if I should get checked or not.

She will flex her beard/throat often and lick her mouth, stick out her tongue several times. She does this quite a bit. I'm wondering if I should just get her a general checkup at the vet, or if I"m being a helicopter parent :p or is that velociraptor parent.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Scaley is back up and sassier than ever. She gave me the stinkeye for getting in her way while watching Bondi Vet.

She's free roaming the house right now, getting into mischief and asserting her authority over all in her domain.
86279-4775382872.jpg

I went to Herp Diner and picked her up some nice big silkworms for a new staple feeder. They go a lot further than the bsfl and have a similar nutrient content so I'm happy with that. She was pretty hungry today so I gave her 2 and put out some nice greens.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I haven't posted about Scaley in a while as she's been a sleepy girl off and on for the last few months.

I did get her up for a bath and she got to wear her Christmas hat. haha

86279-4033768717.jpg

She also got to open her present she won on an Instagram contest. An Ubby, it's an awesome bed and pillow with her name on it! She loves to sleep on it.

86279-3496114575.jpg

I let her open her Christmas card from one of her Instagram friends "Hiccup"
86279-6519979993.jpg

She got cuddles
86279-2631852338.jpg

And now she's holed up for the winter again. It is really really cold here right now so I wish I could join her.

86279-4831030001.jpg

I've started making a few things to sell so I can help fund some of the reptile rescues I financially support. It would be nice to be able to help with some go Fund me requests for reptile emergencies too. I started with a harness

86279-8664283095.jpg

and now I'm crocheting some beardie dolls. We'll see if they sell on etsy or not. I hope so, it would be good to have a steady financial income for some of the rescues and not everyone is creative like me. I got the pattern from the beardies from Skyfire creations on etsy, she made my purple beardie doll and sells the patterns for other people to be able to make/sell the pattern.
86279-6396158454.jpg

I'm currently working on a leopard gecko too, and I think an iguana would be cool. If I can get the beardie a small enough size I might see if bearded dragon box wants it for their Bearded dragon subscription box.

All the things I need to do to amuse myself while Scaley sleeps. I miss my little queen.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So I received a package in the mail from Bearded Dragon Box yesterday. A friend and the BDB owner collude to send me one as a Christmas present. Scaley and I were both super touched. There may have been some sniffles...

86279-3798548970.jpg

86279-3155516759.jpg

Here is Scaley lying in her new Legend of Zelda bed. It has 2 pillows so room if she has a male guest over ?

Calcium powder, a sticker, some food samples, a bearded dragon light switch. A super beardie cape to wear when she's feeling like advertising her excellence.
86279-296722516.jpg

It was pretty cool to get. Now she's back to sleeping on h we Ubby although she had some worms last week so I need to make sure she poops soon before she goes down for the next weeks. It's so cold here that I doubt she'll be awake for a long stretch any time soon.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Scaley is finally awake enough to be a regular functioning member of the household. Unfortunately that also means it's egg laying time. I'm a little concerned as i can tell she's lost weight and she doesn't want to eat. I can get a worm or two in her but she's refusing most food. This is pretty similar to last year and how she gets when she has an upset tummy.
86279-6727505494.jpg

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Those crocheted beardies are adorable!! Are you selling any? Id gladly support a fellow beardie lover and buy one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom