**Update** Adventures of Rocky the Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky has been with us for just over a month and I think it's safe to say, he's settling in nicely.

I was leaving the house a few days ago and when I went to say "bye" to Rocky, I noticed that his hammock had fallen down. I didn't have time to fix it, so I moved him away from it and left it down; hoping that he wouldn't get back on it. Well...as we all know, our dragons LOVE their hammocks. This is what I found when I returned home, a few hours later:

Rocky, back on his fallen hammock. Using his tail to hold him up.

I decided to remove the hammock altogether for a while. Rocky was having none of that. From that day forward, he has been pooping on his basking spot, right where his hammock had been. And then he lays in it. I think this is an all out "Hammock Protest."

I had to give him a bath to get the poo off his belly and he tried his best to escape.

I want to put paper towels down on his basking spot to make clean up easier, but this guy is terrified of them! He freaks out every time I come near his tank with paper towels in my hand.

I am such a proud beardie mama. I love this guy and can't wait to share more of his adventures.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My sweet boy spent part of the day hanging out on the deck with me. He is a very happy - and very spoiled - beardie. :D

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
RockysMom":262i72g7 said:
The Home Security System is now complete. :D
i want that sign!!! :D i went to take a nap this morning after getting the kids ready for school (except for the sick one i stayed up late trying to get comfortable) and came back to skin all over the place and pooped in his tank.....he wont come off his basking bridge if theres poop on his reptile rug....They can be goobers that is for sure, but they are our goobers and we love them as we would our own children! I need to start a "im growing up" thread some time for my baby and others babies.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardymama33":2gi44tde said:
RockysMom":2gi44tde said:
i want that sign!!! :D i went to take a nap this morning after getting the kids ready for school (except for the sick one i stayed up late trying to get comfortable) and came back to skin all over the place and pooped in his tank.....he wont come off his basking bridge if theres poop on his reptile rug....They can be goobers that is for sure, but they are our goobers and we love them as we would our own children! I need to start a "im growing up" thread some time for my baby and others babies.

I found the sign on Amazon.com. I get a lot of soliciters at my door in the evening. I usually answer the door with the dragon on my shoulder. "Have you seen my other one? He's out here somewhere." :D

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
RockysMom":1uh9yf2i said:
Beardymama33":1uh9yf2i said:
RockysMom":1uh9yf2i said:

I found the sign on Amazon.com. I get a lot of soliciters at my door in the evening. I usually answer the door with the dragon on my shoulder. "Have you seen my other one? He's out here somewhere." :D
LOL id be like "oh this is just the small one, i dont know where his/her big brother went..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom