Gabriel's Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm claiming a thread for my Gabriel! I did so for Charmander, and I enjoyed having a place to share my experiences with my beardie, so I wanted to do it again!

He's doing really great so far! If he was indeed about 9 months when I got him, then he's close to ten now. He's definitely grown a significant amount, his tail is longer. I never measured, although I think I'm going to start, but he's growing! He is finishing up a shed right now, I think he just has the tip of his tail and his head to go. He keeps rubbing his head on his rock, and he's also very irritable starting today (actually he hissed at me this morning!), but he did allow me to give him a bath after a few hours alone, and now he's eating a meal.

Hopefully it will finish up soon and he'll be a bit more friendly again! I bought him a new feature for his tank which I really love, honestly, it has a large bowl on one side and curves off into a little tiny hut. Since he can climb on top of the hut, and right down to the bowl, it encourages him to eat more greens, so it was well worth it. It's better than just the bowl, which he doesn't always notice.

He always seems to have some stress lines, but from what I can see, since they're usually light when I'm around (sometimes they're pretty dark but when I come home from school they lighten up, so maybe he's just lonely), I think it's just one of those 'babies have those lines a lot' thing. He defecates at least once a day, usually in his bath, and it looks very normal and healthy, and his basking temps seem to be normal (I have a CHE on all the time right now, it seems to be doing the trick. He'll bask with his mouth open sometimes to regulate, so that means I'm getting up high enough, right? His cool side is still cool enough. At night, the temp tends to drop to 60 without the CHE, so I've started using it at night too), and since I have one screen lid off, and he can climb the one tree branch, he gets close enough to the flourescent strip.

That is all a long way to say that to me, he seems pretty great so far!

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks! I'm very happy they're doing alright too, and that's one of my favorite photos of them! They've been doing very well, Gabriel is starting to lessen up his appetite a bit now that it's colder. I'm sort of glad he doesn't fully go to sleep like some lizards do during their brumation, because I'm pretty sure it would freak me out :lol: Ruby is just as active as ever. There's nothing too much to update, I just wanted to add some new pictures! I have lots of new ones.

81865-7263044691.jpg
One of his favorite pastimes. Laying on my keyboard.
81865-2109230650.jpg
Loves posing for pics
81865-8589937058.jpg
Laying around in her dish!
81865-1154432600.jpg
She also likes to chill in my sleeves when I'm wearing long sleeves.
81865-2204533201.jpg
So tiny!
81865-174718225.jpg
This is also a thing they do. First it was just her, now he does it too.
81865-7776169684.jpg
This was our last day outside the other week! We had like one really nice warm day out before it went back to freezing.
81865-4210368265.jpg
Don't worry, they don't live together! I just wanted this pic.

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Been a while since I've posted, so I'm here to give an update! All is well with the little loves. Gabriel went down for brumation successfully, he spent a while taking super long naps and not eating much. A few weeks ago he managed to become much more active again! Now he's just driving me crazy with all his head-bobbing and black-bearding and glass-surfing :lol: Poor little fella should settle down soon, I hope, because much as he'd love it, I am not buying him a lady friend to settle his hormones. He's also even /more/ grouchy because he's been shedding his feet and his tail for the past few days, and I believe his belly's about to go too. Ah well, the hard life of a beardie!

Ruby is doing really well too! I finally bought some more plants for her tank, so now she's got much more cover, and she likes to sit around in those and just peek out at the world. She's getting pretty big, and eating very well. She often burrow around in my shirt sleeves, it's adorable.

All is well here!

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hiya guys! Long time no see! Had some really awesome things happen recently, so I figured I'd share some news!

Recently, at my local park, we had reptile week, and I got to volunteer. It was a wonderful experience! We had creatures set up by continent, and at every one the volunteers (trained) could get a few of the reptiles out and hold them while the little kids could pet and learn more about these creatures. Honestly, it was amazing, I loved seeing everyone so excited!

Also, I got a new boy, a little leopard gecko named Jax! Here's the little sweetie
81865-5390153127.jpg
He's very good for me, he's gotten used to me now.

Ruby is doing pretty well, although she's been a bit skittish lately. Nothing seems to be wrong, though, she's eating well, drinking well, her setup is unchanged, and her bathroom habits are normal. But here she is!
81865-154337865.jpg

Gabriel is, of course, still king of the roost, and he knows it.
81865-1954197730.jpg

In a few weeks, we are moving into our first apartment, and I'm hoping all goes well! I'm going to make it as stress free as possible for them.

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey! It's been a long time. So I thought I'd update this thread!

First off: sadly, Ruby passed away a couple months ago. The cause is unknown. I miss her dearly.

Second: We've been in our apartment for a whole year now and we love it!

Third: I also managed to gain a lot more pets.

Here's Gabriel, still as sweet as ever!
81865-3309455635.jpg

And the handsome Jax
81865-3449806059.jpg

I adopted two twin kittens, Pickett and Scamander
81865-1729969047.jpg

And two twin Guinea pigs - Dougal and Occamy
81865-7489312305.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom