Mufasa and Norberta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already introduced me and Fasa, but I thought you all might like to see his cuteness, lol. I also have a question for you professionals: do you have any idea what morph he is?
82607-7214899291.jpg
82607-6370805064.jpg
Here he is sleeping in his new tree, slept in it all of last night.
Mufasa will just sit on my chest and nap or watch whats going on. ;)
One last question: Half the time he doesn't eat his crickets, is there anything I can do to help him eat?
Well, I think that's all for now! :) :)
Makayla.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm so excited! :) Mufasa was eating and I heald out my hand with a piece of apple on it and after he had eaten a meal worm and sat around he (hesitantly) climbed on my hand for the first time!!!

Makayla

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He's a cute little guy. So tiny! He looks like a standard dragon to me. Probably no morph unless he has all clear nails or something like that. It's not unusual for their appetite to fluctuate sometimes but you may want to try feeding crickets in small batches of just a few at a time. They may be easier for him to track that way and not be as overwhelming.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He is rather small atm! :) Ah, thank you CooperDragon, Standard it is. I usually give him one cricket at a time, so I'll try more at his next feeding and we'll see how that goes. :)

Makayla.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Another thought is that he may like some variety. Try picking up some Phoenix Worms for him and see how he likes them. They are nice and small so they'd be a good option as an alternate feeder bug for him.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh yes! I have meal worms but I know they aren't that healthy for him so I don't do them often. Phoenix worms, gotcha, thanks again.

Makayla.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So Mufasa and I have been doing great!
I've started letting him run around my room (always super supervised!). I set out his rock with a lamp over it and let him do whatever. I'll get a pic of that soon.
We also have a "bed time routine" where I wrap him up in his blanket ( a scrap of soft fabric ) and sit with him on me for a while before I head to bed, he falls asleep all most right away and seems to enjoy cuddle time.
He is shedding big time, slowly, lol! He has been eating pretty well and seems to love clover!!
I also thought I would share a pic of his cage set up atm.
82607-753861210.jpg

Makayla.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like he's doing well! I'm glad to hear it, thanks for the update. His tank looks very good. Nice basking spot and shade area.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You'd think so, but it's pretty common. I think it's comfortable for most of them to sit like that.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well, it turns out Mufasa might be a she, not a he. :) I'm pretty sure actually, but am going to be taking him to the pet store I got him from and having them check. That'll be next week, when, if they affirm that he is a she, I plan on getting a second little girl. :)
So today me and Mufasa hung out while I organized my bookshelf (I'm obsessed with books and organizing) and I finally remembered to get pictures!
82607-8677557613.jpg
Here he is exploring.
82607-9084926955.jpg
Must. Head. Towards. The. Light. That's kinda my basic setup for when he's out.
82607-3480371311.jpg
Close up in his rock warming up.
82607-3542800881.jpg
And Mufasa just relaxing while I worked.

Makayla.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So this is how Norberta slept all last night. XD
82607-4665852147.jpg
And my confused little Mufasa slept with me in his blanket until I went to bed.
82607-6580643598.jpg
All in all, we're doing good!

Makayla.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That thread is hilarious, will definitely put it up there! I agree, Mufasa enjoys bedtime. :) I have a blanket for Norberta and put her on it not wrapped up, but she ran off and on to the glass, silly lizard.

Makayla.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hello everyone!
I haven't posted in a while, so here's a update, lol!
Norberta has settled in really well! She's turning out to be quite the amusing dragon. :) She eats a ton, anything that moves is hers, even if is Mufasa's. She sleeps in the weirdest contortions! This was last nights, on top of the tower.
82607-6341611286.jpg
She has some gorgeous colors when she's not all moody, all sandy brown. She HATES bathtime and acts as though it's the end of the world and climbs up my arm to escape the water and gives me pouty eyes. :-D
82607-4236321226.jpg
She's shedding on her head a bit at the moment.
One last picture of Norberta from today. :)
82607-3914500140.jpg

Mufasa is doing better than she had been! My gorgeous little girl was getting super super skinny and I was starting to get really worried but she has started to eat a bit more and is filling out again!! Here she is today.
82607-4590465515.jpg
She is shedding a bit on her sides and her head as well. Exploring after having salad today.
82607-4328197497.jpg
She's still my snuggle bug! Here is a size comparison of Norberta and Mufasa.
82607-1985979788.jpg
Norberta exploring today.
82607-3523972151.jpg
Norberta us not a big fan of snuggles and loves to jump and run away, lol.
I hope you don't mind if I introduce my other critters that aren't BD. :)
Butterscotch is my eight y.o. big girl, I've had her since she was a kitten.
82607-9187263334.jpg
82607-4265806470.jpg
She looks a bit possessed in this pic, lol, she never holds still for good pics.
This is a stray cat around my place, Midnight. He comes around almost every morning for food, so I count him in as part of my pack. ;)
82607-9253981583.jpg
Then comes little Newt my scuttley little hermit crab.
82607-7448970740.jpg
And the newest member is my big hermit crab Peeta. :)
82607-3010558230.jpg
Sorry for the epic!
Makayla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom