Mufasa and Norberta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already introduced me and Fasa, but I thought you all might like to see his cuteness, lol. I also have a question for you professionals: do you have any idea what morph he is?
82607-7214899291.jpg
82607-6370805064.jpg
Here he is sleeping in his new tree, slept in it all of last night.
Mufasa will just sit on my chest and nap or watch whats going on. ;)
One last question: Half the time he doesn't eat his crickets, is there anything I can do to help him eat?
Well, I think that's all for now! :) :)
Makayla.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
If Mufasa has been awake for a week I think you should feed her some roaches or whatever she likes. If she knows what's good for her she should want to bask and stay warm afterwards so she can digest. If not, you'll have to keep encouraging her to stay warm until she poops, and then she can go back to sleep if she wants to -- best to just give her the options to eat or sleep.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I fed Darwin a couple of times and it was fine. He has a MUCH lighter appetite but I didn't notice any issues when he went back to sleep. He eventually woke up and pooped. Everything just happens more slowly and on a smaller scale.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Alright, thanks you guys! I'm not sure she knows what's good for her :lol: some days I don't think I picked the brightest girls lol. And good to know, I'm always scared to let her sleep with food in her but I'm trying to be regular about waking her up at least and trying to give her a bath.
I'll get her a bowl of roaches tomorrow (its too close to lights out tonight)!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
As long as she doesn't sleep for long, having food in her belly is fine. For Cierra it wouldn't work, she's up for a bath every 2 weeks and within a few hours of being up, she's back in her hide. Same with Castiel, so neither of them get any food as they're more asleep than awake. They both went to sleep end August and won't be up until February. Those type of brumating beardies can't have any food in their systems as that's when the food rots. Hope that helps.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry for not getting back sooner!
The girls are doing good, sleeping up and down which is driving me crazy lol! Mostly down asleep but Mufasa has been semi awake.
Norberta has had a random day or two where she is awake and running around but she is mostly just asleep.
I've rearranged their tanks and added new things, I made them each a hammock and got them bug bowls they cant tip over (yay!).
Nothing has really happened with them, they've been sleeping and teasing me lol. I do have some pictures though!
82607-9898687666.jpg
82607-5471631060.jpg
82607-921492475.jpg
82607-2447575103.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'll be glad when all brumation is done for the year. Nathaniel is now up permanently, Cierra and Castiel are still sleeping.

It's been a rough weekend, my dad had a stroke on Friday, has affected his speech area only, but nothing else. He can walk and use his hands/arms, so he's recovering well. My mom was quick to call an ambulance and he's in the best hospital for strokes. He'll be getting speech and physical therapy, there's talk of going to a rehab but nothing has been decided. He'll be in hospital for a few more days, anyway, but we're hoping for a full recovery. We go there in shifts to spend time with them. I was there on Sat and yesterday but have to work today, but can visit him again tomorrow.

The BIGGEST news is my niece Tehya had her little girl yesterday at 6a, she'd been in hospital from Sun afternoon. Her daughter was born a month early, but all is good. They're staying in the hospital for another 2 days to keep checking baby and mom. Can't wait to see her! Hopefully next week!

Otherwise, Eric goes to court this am, He was able to give the summons to Tara on Friday, so she's supposed to be there as well, we'll see if that works. And he's been approved for the gov't $ he applied for so long ago because he found out she was getting it fraudulently and reported her. He's now waiting for a notice with details, that was mailed last well. So glad that part of it is over!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Me too, glad to hear Nathaniel is up! How is Gabriel doing?
I'm sorry to hear about your dad's stroke, I hope he continues to recover well. That's great to hear about your niece and her baby! Congrats! I hope everything goes well for Eric with all that, how are the grandkids?

82607-131815486.jpg
It's been warm the past few days (but we're expecting a snow storm this weekend) and yesterday Mufasa was running all over her tank almost all day, I got her out to snuggle and she ran around some more before finally settling down lol.
82607-6209935779.jpg
Just her pretty face.
82607-1580683114.jpg
Norberta waking up this morning, she looks about as cheerful in the mornings as I do. :lol:
82607-7360651027.jpg
And her yesterday hanging out on her hammock, she's been getting on it voluntarily now and seems to like it.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww sweet pictures of your girls. Are they both up for good now? Castiel and Cierra are still sound asleep, they'll be getting up for baths on Sunday. And I have a new dragon, her name is Freya, she's about 5 mo old. I have to download pics, I've had her for 10 days and she seems to be doing well. I'll post on my thread on the weekend.

My dad is doing well, the stroke affected his speech centre only, so he's able to walk around & use his arms. He's already talking a bit and can read well and is getting his voice back. He's been battling Parkinson's for 11 years, so this didn't help but he's a strong healthy man, so we're so glad it wasn't worse. He's 90!

And my new grand niece is doing so well. She had jaundice so has been under the lights, my sis said they might be going home tomorrow! We'll see if she's doing better, I have to call my mom in the am to get caught up, as I've been at work today and again tomorrow.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you! I actually think Mufasa is up now, I fed both the girls salad and bugs and the both ate and basked and such but I'm not sure Norberta is actually done sleeping yet. And aww, I can't wait to see pics of her! Glad she is settling in well.
That's good to hear about your dad, hope he continues to recover well! Was your niece and her baby able to go home?

I actually got a new baby too, not a dragon though. I caved and bought another hermit crab so Tyler can have a friend again, and oh my goodness this new one is tiny! The petstore said they had just gotten them in Thursday (the day I went) and they were all super small. It doesn't have a name yet,I'm trying to pick a gender neutral name since I haven't been able to sex it.
82607-3356496184.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Aww, I hope they're both up, they look wonderful, healthy and active, when they're awake that is :lol:

So I"m posting on my thread, tons of pics of everyone, even Cierra and Castiel, as I wake them up for 1/2 hour soaks tomorrow and leave lights on, see if they stay up tomorrow, if not, cover them up and they're back to sleep. We'll see. I miss them by my new Freya seems to need alot of attention, plus she's not got a hot enough MVB so I'm ordering a 100W next Friday when I'll have the funds.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm so glad you think so Deb, and I hope they stay up too lol.
I saw the pics and haven't had the chance to comment, they all look great and Freya is adorable!! So little! Lol she knows she is the baby. :lol:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hello --
I've been somewhat out of the loop for a while due to a death in the family (more about that on my Puff H. Bailey thread), but I'm still trying to keep up with the threads I've been following as much as possible. Mufasa and Norberta look happy and healthy, and the pictures are adorable. :love10:

I picked a gender neutral name for Squirmles when we first got him, just like you're trying to do for the little crab. On our first trip to the vet with him, they spelled his name with an extra "e", so when we finished the exam, I think I may have said something like, "Now that we know it's a boy, I think we should take one of these E's out of his name. It's going to be "Squirmles," not "Squirmelle," but for all we knew at the time, it could have gone either way. Memories... :)

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hello SueAnn!
I am so sorry to hear about your father in laws passing, at least he isn't in pain anymore. <3
Aw thank you! They are finally both awake and it's so great but a bit busier lol. Mufasa is driving me crazy with her glass surfing and tank destroying, she thinks its spring and she is bouncing off the walls, uhg!
That's such a cute story about Squirmles! I ended up naming the little crab Londyn Raine, lucky little crab gets two names lol. I couldn't decide between the two so it gets both. I felt they were fairly unisex and cute lol.
82607-6843100171.jpg
82607-9566605822.jpg
82607-6278106742.jpg
82607-3468340989.jpg
Some pictures of the beardies from the other day. Mufasa was running laps around the room for an hour then she climbed up on my leg and cuddled down until I put her back in her tank. Norberta did some laps too and then laid on her hammock. She has been using it regularly but she only lays half on it, then leaves her back legs and tail hanging off or on her rock that is right under it. :lol:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Your latest beardie pictures are beautiful (as usual), and that's a pretty name for the little crab.

I think it's fairly standard operating procedure for bearded dragons to go hormonal and start bouncing off the walls sometime soon after they wake up from brumation -- regardless of whether or not it's really spring. When they're driving you crazy it may help to remind yourself that they must be at least reasonably healthy or they wouldn't even be thinking about making little dragons. :wink:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I took this picture of Freya today, she went to the vet last week but I forgot to take in a fecal, even though I don't think she has parasites, her poop doesn't smell bad. i'm still going to take one in one day when my vet is in, she's now semi-retired, works Monday and Wed only. So probably in 2 weeks, when I have a Wed off.
11887-1906068232.jpg

Cierra is up today and I'm keeping her up. She ran around the living room and then ate a bunch of worms and greens. I was home with them until 3p when my son came over with the car so I could get some shopping done. He took the kids out to an indoor playground, which wore them out more than staying in all day and Traci was home so she stayed with them while he came over. We're having torrential downpours in the afternoon, most days. 4th wettest winter on record. Tomorrow I have a day of staying home and not doing much, except walk my dog, play with my dragons and rest up for work on Monday.

Glad your girls are doing ok, won't you be glad when winter is over and they're up?
It's good to have a full house again.

Oh and pictures of my new great niece, her name is Ramona Zadia
11887-7703641592.jpg
on a pink blanket that was mine when I was a baby 62 years ago. My mom...she comes up with surprises
11887-5579787162.jpg
and today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom