Mufasa and Norberta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already introduced me and Fasa, but I thought you all might like to see his cuteness, lol. I also have a question for you professionals: do you have any idea what morph he is?
82607-7214899291.jpg
82607-6370805064.jpg
Here he is sleeping in his new tree, slept in it all of last night.
Mufasa will just sit on my chest and nap or watch whats going on. ;)
One last question: Half the time he doesn't eat his crickets, is there anything I can do to help him eat?
Well, I think that's all for now! :) :)
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I was really worried about Gabriel when a friend reminded me of the mix I tell everyone about. So Wednesday I made up a batch and Gabriel ate 5 ml, then he ate 6 worms this am and his fat pads are back on his head. They had sunk in and he wasn't eating, but the mix got his appetite going again. They all had baths and got fed this am, then I walked Bella, ate & got ready for work. It's amazing what you can do with 3 hours when you get up at 7:30a!

And the grandkids are going to Eric and Traci's apartment now, it's so wonderful to have my place to myself again, especially because I'm working full-time again. I get so tired by Friday night, it's wonderful to have peace and quiet when I get home. I called Eric this afternoon and he said the kids took to Traci right away, plus she went with him to pick up the kids (she wasn't working this evening) and even Tara liked her. So that's all good. After 6 mo of having them here every weekend, starting Friday night, I was glad to hand that over to Traci. I'm hoping that keeps working out because I gave them all the stuff I had here! Now I can visit them at Eric's place like a real grandma!

I still have Bella, so she gets me out walking every morning and night and more often on the weekends. Eric's knee is getting worse again, plus he put out his back and hip, so we both went to my chiro on Thursday and that really helped him. We both go back tomorrow. I also lent him my car (don't even use it during the week unless I'm going to the chiro as take public transport to work every day) so we'll get it back to me when I need it, like for food shopping tomorrow afternoon. Otherwise there's a great shuttle bus that I take to work in the am, it goes to my gym, too, even though I get 2 hours free parking when I'm there for 2 hours. I haven't been to the gym for 4 years, so have 2 training sessions ($20 each, very cheap!) to help me get started again. I lost alot of weight when I was so sick (it turns out it's part of my back problem) and want to keep it off, but also need to work up my muscle mass in my back. Need to get my back stronger now that I'm back to work full-time. The rest of me needs a work out, too, but walking with Bella every day for 6 mo has helped my legs alot. Still I need the exercise, so this will help alot. I have 1 hour with the trainer on Monday (holiday up here) and then we'll book another hour when she's available.

I was so surprised to see Gabriel doing so well after eating the mix, so I'm going to continue giving it to him a few times a week. When he gets it, then Imp and the rest do, too, they all love it. I also need to get some worms, but am broke this weekend, so I can get 500 next weekend for $34 plus tax. There's nowhere else to get worms and being back at work, can't order them online. If I order from the States I have to pay alot extra, our Canadian$ is weaker than your US$ and it costs so much more. So I found a pet shop in Ontario where I can buy my supplements but I still can only get the Serrepeptase from Tracie thru Bug-de-lite (like you did). It costs me over $25 Cdn$ to buy 1 bottle, even though it's only $8 for the bottle, but shipping to Canada is $9.95 and then convert that to CDN$...it's crazy, but Gabriel gets 1 ml every day and I'm running out again. He seems to do much better with it and now that I'm back to work full-time, with a raise, I can afford it all. It's great to have full-time pay again!

And did I tell you that Nathaniel got out of his tank, off the sofa and was hiding behind the big roach tank? I found him Wed night when I got home. So put a 6" barrier on top of the back of his tank, and he can't get out anymore. He is my cowboy and it's nice to know he hasn't changed! He sure was cold because it was 23F that night, last of our very cold temps we've had for the last 2 mo! Now it's warmed up and has started raining again. We had 8 separate 2-3 day snowstorms since Dec 5, which is way out of the norm for us, and very cold temps. Now the temps are back to our normal, about 35-40F, which is much more normal. I'm hoping the snow is done and it will get back to misting and raining for the rest of the winter. It'll be good to not use up so much heating (electric). I just finished paying off Dec/Jan bill, the next one is going to be huge, it was so difficult to keep the temps up at night.

My crew says hi to Norberta and Mufasa :D

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I hope Gabriel is still feeling better! Glad to hear Eric has an apartment and the kids can stay with him now. Wow, bugs and meds are really expensive for you! You didn't tell me about Nathaniel, oh my goodness the pest!! Is there not a lid on his tank?
82607-7080914443.jpg
Norberta is doing fantastic right now, absolutely adores her outside time (she gets as long as she wants almost every day) and when she is done running around/under things she goes and sits in front of her tank and gets a little darker colored to tell me to put her back in. :lol: Headbobbing like crazy at people or Mufasa multiple times a day.
82607-6192973978.jpg
Mufasa is doing great too, she doesn't get out as much because she does not like to see Norberta so I have to cover Norberta's tank front so that she can get some peace LOL. She has discovered she can look out the window from one corner of her tank and sits there for hours watching cars and birds and the trees.

Those are the latest pics I have of them, I'll try and get the camera out tomorrow and get some good ones of Norberta running around.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad to hear that Norberta gets lots of outside time and that she's very active, sounds like the meds are working for her. Drag she has to take them, but better than swollen legs. Both of your girls look so happy in those pictures!

I had most of them out this am for outside time. And for Nathaniel I put up a 6" barrier on that side of his tank, plus newspaper so he won't keep black bearding the dragon reflection, so he can't get out of his tank anymore and I'm a much happier mom.

Gabriel is still doing well, he's getting a bath every day, plus the mix almost every day and his fat pads are getting plump again. They all had baths this morning, plus I walked Bella. My son's car died, so he can't get over after work anymore, so she's home alone from 10:30a until 9:15p when I come home. I'm up at 7:30 to make sure I get all the chores done. I'm so tired when I get home, I didn't even check out the sleeping dragons or my cresties or leo tonight. Just walked Bella and went to bed.

I'll be glad when Friday is done because I have next week off vacation. I also discovered that my gym has yoga every Sunday, so for $40/m I get unlimited yoga. I can only go on Sunday, though but maybe next week I can get another session in & get back to the gym. I haven't been to the gym in almost 4 years, have been a member for 10, so it's nice to get back. They offer a trainer for 2 hours $40, which I asked for, having been away for so long. I get my 2nd hour on Tues at 4:30, can't wait to see her again. She's going to have exercises ready for me, plus a plan for me when I'm on my own.

Sorry, forgot to tell you that I don't have tank tops on any of my tanks because I use Arcadia mercury vapour lights in deep domes on lampstands and the lights are actually inside the tanks. I borrowed funds from a friend to buy 2 new ones, but the other 3 I bought last year are still giving out strong UVB (having 5 lights, glad I have a solar meter to keep checking). I'll be replacing them soon, but first my car needs new brakes, so that's scheduled for 1st pay in March. Then pay in April is to take Bella to the vet for checkup and teeth cleaning. And to find out if she can still be fixed at her age (7 years) Tara wanted to breed her, which never happened, so I'll find out if it's feasible.

And yes, the grandkids weren't here last weekend and I was in heaven to have my quiet home back again. And I found a cleaner who comes in next Friday and is pleased to have another cleaning job. So now my house will be clean again as I can afford to pay someone. She lives in the same complex Eric lives in, and as he's borrowing the car next Thursday, I'll go back to get it on Friday am (he's borrowing it on weekends to get the kids and take them back home.) Luckily he only lives a short skytrain and bus trip away, so that helps.

That's all that's new, Gabriel is still hanging in there, he'll be getting lots more snuggle next week than I've been able to give him lately, so he'll like that.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I think the meds are helping, definitely! Yes it is a pain, but much better than swollen limbs. And I'm glad you think they look happy, I think so too. Love my little girls :love5:
Yesterday I trimmed both the girls nails. Norberta was not having it even though I only needed to trim her front paws/claws/hands XD Lots of puffing and squirming and running away but I managed to get them all done. Mufasa just sat on my lap and ignored me while I did all her nails LOL.
82607-1265232447.jpg
82607-8355068830.jpg
82607-7853685720.jpg
82607-7384508895.jpg
Sounds like all your crew and family is doing pretty well! Hugs to your crew (Gabriel especially), I bet they all are going to enjoy next week when you are on vacation. How is Imp doing?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Imp is a brat and always will be, he's so skinny so I have to continue feeding him bugs every day and inevitably I get bitten, so another bandage this am. I try to get it through his hard little head that if he doesn't eat he will starve, but he's not getting that either. So I continue the daily struggle because I love him anyway. He is well named :lol:

Gabriel was out for awhile this am, he always gets underneath this tank when it's time to go home to his soft fleece blankets that have become his basking platform.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He really is well named, oh my goodness the brat :lol: How is Gabriel doing today?
So, bit of a pic spam, xD Mostly because of Norberta. She glass dances a lot in her tank and with the ceramic tiles in there it files down her back nails, but I'm worried they are getting too short. Is this an OK length? I couldn't get a very good pic, sorry.
82607-9142825598.jpg
Some are fine but some look really short.
Also, her tail is looking weird. When she gets really bright and happy or excited her tail stays pretty much black and I don't like the looks of it. Could It be tail rot? :?
82607-4270080738.jpg
82607-9238374768.jpg
Other than those two things she is doing fine! Mufasa is doing pretty good too, gave me some nice scratches on my arm today when I didn't hold her right :lol: :lol: She is very picky about being held properly and picked up right.
82607-915338449.jpg
82607-3686580933.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Check the rings on Norberta's tail and if the dark moves up get her to a vet right away, if it's tail rot, it can kill her. Lonzo had tail rot when I got him, I watched the rings and when the dark moved up, got him to the vet, she amputated 5" off his tail and the rot was removed, then he had antibiotics by syringe for a month. It can move quickly into the body and kill them. So keep an eye on where it is now and check it daily, if it moves up, then it's vet time. I know you're always strapped for cash but you want to make sure she stays healthy. Hope it's not that, but you'll only know if it moves up another ring. If it hasn't move in a month, you're safe, it's just the colour of her tail.

Loved the pictures, especially the one of you holding your girls. The last one of Norberta shows a very happy dragon! And I love Mufasa's colours.

Nathaniel can't jump out of the tank he's in now, even though he tries constantly. He's such a brat! Gabriel has been out in the living room for an hour, the sun was out and he climbed the ramp and is sitting on it. I'm ready now to put him in his bath and put someone else out. It's great to have my living room to myself again!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'll keep a close eye on her tail then, thank you. I hope its not, this girl is gonna kill me with her issues and reckless-ness.
I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures! They are getting so pretty as they get older, I realized the other day they are a year and a half old! Its crazy.
Nathaniel wants to get out and play huh? :lol: Sounds like Gabriel is having a good day.

I forgot to mention, I let Mufasa try liquid calcium for the first time last week and she attacked the syringe trying to eat it! Did it both times I gave it to her, I guess she likes it LOL! She is such a lazy girl, lounges in her bed most of the day watching out the window waiting for her salad. I got her out and snuggled her for a little while and stroked her beard, its so soft and she doesn't mind me touching her head (unlike Norberta).
Norberta got to get out three times today and loved it, it was rather exhausting watching her run around (I don't trust her to not get in or under or behind something xD). She's also getting big enough and strong enough to almost knock the cardboard wall down that I put in front of the door so I need to get a piece of wood to use instead or she will try and go down the stairs and we aren't having that. :roll: She is getting really bossy too, thinks she can boss me around. I picked her up and put her on my leg because she was doing something she shouldn't and I was scolding her and she started head bobbing me and looking away! :lol: Love them both to pieces.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thought I should update on the girls!
Norberta is doing well, for about a week she was acting off but now she is back to normal. She has gotten into a bad habit of walking through her poo :roll: and she finally knocked over her cardboard wall I use in front of the door when she is out. Caught her and got a piece of wood that wedges into the door frame nicely much to her dismay. :lol:
82607-5901684472.jpg
82607-2000160585.jpg
82607-1184654776.jpg
I tried to get some pictures of each of the girls on or beside my hand as kinda a size comparison since I haven't done that in a while. Norberta insists on staying so slim, I need to get more bugs soon. But I think she is gonna stay pretty slim because of how much she moves and runs around.
Mufasa is her same old self, she had a few days she had spring fever start because the weather was in the upper seventies, but then we got back down to snow and cold and she has been pouting about that :lol: She prefers her bed to her basking rock most days and sits cuddled in her blankets enjoying herself. I let her out on my bed today and she sat looking around, then decided to sit under my pillow LOL.
82607-5173625816.jpg
Me and Mufasa snuggling.
82607-6825739043.jpg
82607-99445521.jpg
Bonus of Olympia (I was weighing the beardies and needed to weigh her too so she got some pictures taken)
82607-1432391284.jpg
Oh, also, been keeping an eye on Norberta's tail, I haven't noticed any color moving up her tail.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks so much for the great pictures, glad you got a barrier that works to keep Norberta where she belongs!

Gabriel is still doing well, eating the mix, pooping, enjoying his baths and snuggles and running around the living room, then getting up on the ramp. I'm so glad he's still with me!

The rest are all doing well, Castiel decided to go back to sleep, but I'll get him up next weekend to give him a soak. He did a humongous poop before he went to sleep, so I just let him be, as he hadn't eaten for a few days.

It's good to see a picture of you!

Seeing the kids every Sunday now, so get the car on Sat (Eric and I are still car sharing), see the chiro, do my food shopping, then take it back on Sun afternoon and play with the kids for a few hours. That's about all I can manage!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
You are welcome! I'm glad too, the little brat gets into everything. :lol:
I am so glad to hear about Gabriel!! And good about the rest of the crew.
Aw thank you, I'm pretty camera shy lately but that was an alright one ;D
That sounds like a good situation with the grandkids, hopefully Eric can get his own car soon.
I'll hopefully get some new pictures of the girls this week, they are both doing well still, Norberta is going into shed again and Mufasa is acting funny because of the weather change LOL.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Norberta is finally shedding and looks much happier! :lol: She is such a pest she loves to push her limits with me and her surroundings. Love her to pieces.
82607-6041088514.jpg
82607-6962583503.jpg

Mufasa is so funny, depending on the day she is just lazing around on her stuffed animal or running laps around her tank which is so funny to watch her do cause she is so laid back seeing her run is hilarious :lol:
82607-8502487940.jpg
82607-5071498179.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad they're doing well, mine are all doing well, too. And it's finally starting to get warmer here now, this is so unusual weather for us, normally well into Spring by now but only the boys are in Spring Fever, especially Imp :lol:

Eric is still going through hell and beyond with Tara, don't think that will ever change. He just needs to get healthier, he's sick again. He was dismissed from work (construction) 3 wks ago because he couldn't stay well & at work, kept missing time...it's a worry but we'll get through it.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Glad to hear! Oh poor Imp :lol: Sorry to hear about Eric and Tara, hope he feels better soon.

I think the girls are pretty happy right now. Norberta has almost finished shedding, Mufasa is going into shed, and the weather has been pretty nice too. Today we got a bunch of bugs, including one they've never tried before, hornworms! Creepy little things, but they liked the two I gave them LOL

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hornworms are really good for them, too. I just find them to be too expensive for my crew. Glad they enjoyed their treat!

Eric now has the 2 kids with him ongoing for at least a month; Tara has to find herself. So he's managing but hard to find work when you have 2 kids 24/7. I bought bunkbeds for them, and they really enjoy them, so that's another place for them to play, have naps and sleep. Getting bins to fit under the beds for their toys on the weekend.

Everyone here is doing well, Gabriel keeps on trucking, so glad for that. I had Miss Leona's temps way to high, almost cooked her! She's got proper temps now and I've been treating her with pedialyte baths twice a day and carnivore care with calcium, too. Hoping she gets back to normal eventually.

On my way to work, so have to go, talk to you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom