here is a weird question :)

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

here is a weird question :)

Postby JIMMIA » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:16 am

does or has anyone ever kept some of their beardie skin? lol because I use a clear phone case and put some my beardie skin behind my phone as a little keepsake haha :D
JIMMIA
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: here is a weird question :)

Postby Aaradimian » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:52 am

It is pretty fascinating stuff, especially when it's shaped like spikes or some other recognizable bit. I think if I had a microscope, I'd probably keep it around a little while to look at, but I don't so it all goes in the bin or vacuum at my house.
Aaradimian
Juvie Poster

Postby DorgEndo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:23 am

Yep, have a piece of back skin shed. It is a nice chunk that still shows that beardie pattern and it has held up well in a drawer. Next time she sheds her back I will try pressing it, then frame it.
DorgEndo
Hatchling Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:03 am

I've seen bearded dragon's that had presumeably been killed ( in a cottage industries run by local aboriginals (who I was told send the little kiddies out to catch them), which were killed and then skinned and their skins put on foam bearded dragon shaped bodies .
I was told the families eat the dragon meat, and the skins are just a byproduct. They regard the dragons as traditional bush tucker and are legally permitted to catch and kill them on their reserves.

Last time I saw these nasty little souvenirs as well as croc skins (sold as belts, shoes, handbags, etc) , this was way back in 2000 when we were doing a 4x4 driving safari that involved circumnavigating the country (Australia) by mostly staying near the coast , saw them for sale in souvenir shops in Darwin, Cairns, Broome, Perth, and few other places frequented by international tourists. They were literally flying off the shelves every time a coach load of tourists showed up.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Fluffy - 4yr rescued lawnmowing accident victim 14Nov17.
Lucky - cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
Wriggles - rescued injured ,thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16. .
Gecko : Godzilla the hatchling GEHYRA GECKO (hatched May 2019)
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby Dragongirl14 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:28 am

I keep some of my beardies lol. My friend came round and she was like “ewww what is that? Is that from like your foot or something??” And I lay on the floor laughing for like 10 mins lol!! 😂
Dragongirl14
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie Tales