Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I won't play till I get a headset and a cord for unlimited playing. I don't like using regular batteries unless I absolutely have no choice. Considering how fast the Wii remotes ate them. We had a Nintendo Wii...we dont now we got tired of replacing them. We got recharging ones...they didnt last long.

I didnt realize there was crap on Broly's tail. He got a bath. I checked weight and he lost 5g so added to the 13g from last week added total of 18g lost. Im not sure why...he eats well and very active. I gave pumpkin he feels heavier but not going to stress over another weigh session. I may have to check in to a visit with the school. Broly goes more than Kane. Kane goes twice yearly, spring and fall. He's perfect! Broly has more visits than my first beardie, Vash. Im really tired of going to the school...but losing weight weekly is a bad sign. So now it's bills, food and vet I have to pay. I finally paid off the vet now I gotta go back! I want my headset and cord. This is really frusterating!!! I want him to gain weight not keep losing it!! He did feel heavy but yeah...Idk what happened...maybe I gave pumpkin morning instead of night and butternut dont do much. One more week! He loses more Jan 3...then hes going. I don't like "wait and see" but hes pretty active and alert. Stools are fine he never goes over 18g loss. Hes shedding the sides of his lips. Im not concerned as I felt weight on my hands when I scooped him up.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
A couple of funny things that I've learned about money -- one is that expenses are a sure thing, but income is not. The other is that having more of it won't necessarily make you happier, but not having enough of it will definitely make you miserable. :roll:

It doesn't sound like Broly has lost enough weight to be really concerned yet. One good poop can count for a loss of a few grams. It sounds like he's doing ok otherwise.

Puff is doing fine but as for his human slaves, not so much. Spent the day with doctors and dentists yesterday. My husband has strep, but fortunately he's not allergic to penicillin like I am, and it's cheap and usually effective, so hopefully he will be feeling better soon. He's sleeping lots and eating little in the meantime. I've got a broken tooth with a temporary patch for now, and another appointment next week for a crown ($$, and no dental insurance included with Obamacare :( ).

In spite of all that, we did manage to stock up on groceries at Costco and crunchy creepy crawly critters (roaches) for Puff at the pet store. The only thing left is to get some more greens sometime early next week after the holiday. Costco around here usually isn't a good prospect for beardie greens -- even their spring mix was too old. Then back to the "normal" (whatever that is :wink: ) routine for the new year.

2017 -- I blinked and I missed it :shock:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

2018 tonight!

I'm dealing with a terrible bout of allergies. Started Sat morning. I'm still very tired. Im also very sick feeling. My only issue is my nose. Sneezing, runny and stuffed there's a cough too.

I made it a point to not breathe or cough on any of the animal's food. Guinea pigs and hamsters can catch colds and flus from people...luckily dont have that. Allergies arent contagious.

I got the controller cord and headset. I still hadnt played since Dec 24. It's been 7 days...been getting sick with allergies. I had a sore throat early in the week.

Everyone is fine. Reptiles all eat, hamsters and guinea pigs eat. Im gonna see 2018 come and rest later.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
So we had a "quiet" new years eve at home, except for the fireworks. There was a small professional (and legal) display near our neighborhood at midnight, and we were able to see a few of them through our bedroom window, plus lots of other firecracker noise around the neighborhood all night. It's technically illegal in the City of Anchorage, but people do it anyway. Not much danger of fire this time of year with most everything covered in snow, but lots of talk on the "Nextdoor" app about dogs being scared and a few running away, with hopes that they will be found and returned to their families soon, and even one human with PTSD from military combat experience who reminded everyone that all the illegal fireworks popping off in the neighborhood are hard on people like him too.

Puff didn't seem to mind. He got his bedtime cuddle at the usual time, and he was safely tucked into his tank well before midnight. My husband and I napped off and on and laid awake in bed talking for part of the night whenever the fireworks woke us back up. He's feeling a little better but still very tired so took advantage of the holiday yesterday by resting for most of the day. He still managed to help me with the basic essential critter care. Puff got his bath and cuddles.

So he's back at work today, with plans to stop at the grocery store for greens on the way home -- I've stretched Puff's last batch of collard greens as far as they can go. We had originally planned for him to fly to Homer today to visit his father at the nursing home, but he was able to postpone the trip for a couple of weeks until he's done with the strep. He knows that it would not be a good idea to risk his father catching something like that from him in his current fragile condition.

So do you have any idea what set off your allergies at this time of year? My husband and I are both allergic a number of grasses and weeds and trees and pollen, but we're also allergic to dust mites, and since we're so bad about keeping up with the vacuuming (even with a robot), our house is full of them, so there's always a little something or other to keep our allergies going year round. :(

Do your beardies show any interest in the cords that go with your headsets and stuff? Yesterday my husband sat down with his laptop at the table next to this other computer while I was sitting here cuddling Puff and reading my email, and when he started hooking up the cables, Puff crawled up on my shoulder and watched with much interest, so I had to explain to him for the umpteenth time that those are not worms and they wouldn't taste good, and put him back in his tank for another rousing day of couch potatoing and lightbulb worshiping. :roll:

-- 2018 at the Bailey's. Happy New Year... :)

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

We had wind on Friday so I would assume it carried stupid pollen and ragweed around. It pushed allergies my way.

My dragons dont care for cords. My african grey does. He thinks it's a black worm. I know hes smart. Maybe he wants to play.

I finally made a friend on xbox! We played a few rounds on Friday the 13th game. Let's say...I totally suck at Jason LOL. I try my hardest. Im better as a counselor running for my life. I sent him a friend request and will see tomorrow if he accepted. I had to turn it off the console was heating up bad. No worries I may love my xbox one and love meeting up with my new friend but everyone gets taken care of first. He did say he wrote my gamertag name down so he should know who sent the request. I honestly can't wait to play with him.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

So Im done trying to make friends online games! I get guys who are old enough for a girlfriend. I say not interested then they remove me off their list. I just wanna freaking play!! Omg! I can never find decent people who only want to play like my brother and husband can. It's frustrating!! Im still at 0 friends on xbox.

Beardie news: Broly was a bit dehydrated and didn't eat for three days. I gave water on Mon night and he ate yesterday and today. I give water every five days. I read adults don't need water every day. Idk what it really was but some water made a difference. Im giving water every other day now. Im getting repashy for Broly's 3rd bday Jan 14.
Kane is a horse! He eats healthy you'd never expect him to be sick. He's got a clean bill of health in October. He'll need a check up soon. He goes twice yearly: spring and fall.

Side notes: waiting for Broly to pass a stool (I scheduled his appointment sooner because he wasn't eating and Im keeping his scheduled appointment to get it done) so he can be tested. He hasn't gone since the 5th so Im not worried yet. He never goes more than a week without stool. He had that phase so probably not enough in him. He's had pumpkin though so there'll be something now. Broly's appt is tomorrow...so we're hoping for a stool soon.
Kane has an appointment scheduled for March 20. Of course if something is wrong we can go early.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
If xbox doesn't have a way for you to flag yourself as married or available, maybe they should. :roll:

Repashy Grub Pie is good for hydration because it's a gel. Also makes a pretty good laxative (a very useful side-effect sometimes). Puff is only slightly overdue for a poop and I gave him some the other day, so I may be pushing my luck for an accident. I was already dressed to go out the other day when I cuddled him, so I put a towel between him and my clothes, just in case... :?

Kane sounds uber healthy, but you never know with these guys. Did I ever find that out with Squirmles. :cry:

You may have seen my post on my Puff H Bailey thread -- lots of family stuff going on. Puff is pretty much fine, Father-in-Law and family relations with sisters, not so much. But I hope to be able to exchange messages with you more often again in the future. :wave:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Yes, I have read your thread. Sorry bout that hope it gets better.

I hadn't played xbox since...it's just getting frustrating. Tom has lots of friends and no one wants him online. Same with my brother no one loves him online. Guys end up liking me a bit too much. Im not even flirting Im just playing and talking. Im sure I didn't say anything to make anyone fall in love. Im like too nervous to get online with anyone. It ends the same "You don't love me, bye!" It's fricking annoying as hell!!! Im getting Dead by Daylight Fri (the 19th of Jan) so maybe I'll play and won't talk. It may work well if I don't talk. No, there isn't a way to flag your status (single or in a relationship). Microsoft doesn't think that way. It's a gaming thing not a freaking dating service. Probably better if I play with kids they won't think about relationships. I have one friend he's like 13 years old or somewhere about there. We have a casual talk no love nothing crazy or weird. We're just playing games together. Haha I know Im 30 friends with a 13 yr old. He's not like other gamer kids who think cussing is cool and trying to be cooler than you. He'll curse if he's mad..but that's about it. It's like chill kid..LOL. Cute that he curses.

Broly is passing stools now since he passed one yesterday.
Very normal ones. He's also eating more since the storm passed on Thu night (11th of Jan). He wouldn't eat before the storm. Kane did till the storm hit. They both quit eating then. They're back to eating now. I know how repashy works I use it now and again. I had to use it over Christmas because my bugs weren't producing fast enough over winter. They're heated to a nice 70 deg. Idk maybe it should be raised a bit. On a good note, Broly snuggled as long as I cover his head LOL. I would like to get to the point I don't have to cover him. If I don't cover hes a go guy.
I had got my guinea pig medical care. Simba caught an RI. His buddy Kion is away from Simba. He's got baytril and it's showing a tiny bit of improvement. He'll eat somewhat but will not drink. We have to use a dropper to get him fluids. He's taking drops of water well. He's passing stools and urine well so he's hydrated. I give Simba snuggles since guinea pigs like that. Kion gets some too.

No, my animals are definitely good. I heard wheezing in Simba, he's the only one so far. The dragons are healthy. When they don't eat it's a flag. Animals should always eat.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
You gave me a good laugh when I really needed one: "It's a gaming thing not a freaking dating service." :lol:

My father in law is in a coma and the nursing home staff is not sure that he's going to still be alive when my husband flies down to see him one last time on Monday, and I had a dream and couldn't go back to sleep, so I figured I might as well catch up with some of the threads I'm way behind on following, and I guess I'm sort of keeping a vigil.

Puff missed pooping in his bath by only a few minutes yesterday. My fault. Repashy Grup Pie. :roll: Oh well. It was time to change out all the stuff in the tank anyway. Puff's poops tend to be sloppy, so when he doesn't do it in the water, it makes cleaning up after him especially "fun." :wink:

My husband zips him up under his coat when he needs to entertain him after his bath while I clean up the tank. Since they're diurnal, I think covering their heads makes it dark enough for them that they want to go to sleep, so they're more willing to snuggle up and settle down. :sleepy2: :love5:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

It's true dragons will sleep if it's dark. It's getting lighter out now getting ready for spring. It gets dark at 5 here.
Winter has been tame for the most part. We've had high wind warnings a few times but no outages. April is usually the last of the storms. Rain till June. So it's still storm season here up till summer.

Broly's officially 3 today! He had roaches after that he had a side of a few apple pcs and some grape. He loved his bday breakfast. He rarely gets fruit. Dinner is pumpkin with some Repashy grub pie. I'll be letting him out on the window soon since I can't really give a dragon a present. He has an 80 gal tank with the right tube light and heat. Those are essential. Other than essentials he pretty much would like the window as a gift. We'll watch football. I don't think he cares but still.

I got african dwarf frog eggs in a small plastic tote with warm water (dechlorinated obv) and a small filter. Im planning to hatch them and sell most of them. Im keeping two name them Hella and Fenrir. Loki is the mom after all.
It seems right to name them that. Eggs with hatch in 2 days to a week after that feed them protein. Grow into frogs and sell most except for the a sibling pair.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Puff and I sometimes do our bedtime cuddle in front of the TV whenever there's something on that I want to watch around his bedtime. The light from the TV doesn't seem to be enough to keep him awake if the rest of the room is dark, and familiar sounds don't seem to bother him at all if he's in familiar surroundings.

Our temperatures have been doing the yo-yo thing here this year, but earthquakes know no season -- my husband's cell phone woke us up in the middle of the night with a tsunami warning. Big one out in the ocean with warnings and watches all the way down the west coast to California. I hope you guys are far enough away from the coast and/or high enough up not to be affected by it. We're expected to be ok here in Anchorage. I'm surprised that I didn't feel something even though it was about 400 miles away -- it was an 8.0 according to the website. Maybe I actually slept through it until the cell phone beeped, or maybe there wasn't enough noticeable shaking this far away.

Happy birthday Broly! Sounds like he had a good day with everything he needs plus a few extras. :D

I've got a friend who is a Minnesota Vikings fan and I suppose that he's not too happy right now since I heard they lost, and I guess things got a little crazy in Philadelphia with the Eagles fans celebrating :blob5: :blob8: I didn't actually watch the game myself.

So if I remember correctly, you've got two "Loki's" in you family -- a horse and a frog? My nephew also has a dog named Loki. Apparently, when he was a puppy, naming him after the "Norse God of Mischief" seemed appropriate. :wink:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Great..my Eagles have to go against Patriots.
I really don't like them...I heard they cheated one time. Now they're known as cheaters...Idk too much about that. Correct me if Im wrong...if anyone knows.

I read your thread..sorry bout that. It reminded me of my grandfather. We said bye but didn't want anyone to see him.
We visited a few times, but that's it.

We're ok no tsunami for us. We too far up..mostly inland. We have a high wind warning instead..damnit Im sick of these storms! I want summer. I hate power outages specially because it's cold up here.

Same with our boys...now adeno postive girl. We know what to do to keep her and them from contacting each other.
I have adeno negative boys. A couple didn't want Jamie (bearded dragon) because she has adeno. We have w vacuum with steam so we can kill the cells of the virus so the boys can roam. We then, gave Jamie her own room (we moved all the geckos out of there and into the beardie room). She has a big room with uv and basking hanging from the ceiling, beardie safe plants to hide in, tile floor. Three basking spots just one uv area. A friend of ours treats an iguana this way and he's a happy iggy. We still steam clean everything she touches/uses. She has her own tub to bathe in. She has a clean bill of health despite Adeno. Nobody wanted her I think too many people are afraid of adeno. Im not afraid of it...I just took on a girl with the virus and I have two negative boys. The boys are not allowed in her room. We close the door if the boys are out. When she's out we steam all the carpeted rooms she walked into so no one gets adeno. This also includes the bottoms of our shoes and it's totally safe. Im OCD so of course I clean my shoes.

BlueDragon09":3vnwoeei said:
Hey,

Great..my Eagles have to go against Patriots.
I really don't like them...I heard they cheated one time. Now they're known as cheaters...Idk too much about that. Correct me if Im wrong...if anyone knows.
I’m pretty sure they are known as cheaters ( or at least they used to be ), I do know that the Jaguars ( my team ), just lost to them...

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
If I remember correctly, there was a big kerfuffle about the Patriots using underinflated footballs a couple of years ago -- that may be the "cheating" you guys are thinking of. Although I never understood why letting some air out of the ball would give an unfair advantage to one team or the other, since they're all playing with the same football, unless they found a way to swap out the ball during the game. :?

I'm partial to the Green Bay Packers myself, but I see they lost out (badly) to the Vikings last month, so I guess I can root for the Eagles this year. :wink: Don't know if we'll watch the game -- my husband is into church on Sundays, not football, but I'm sure we'll hear about it on the news. We have some friends who used to do a big Superbowl watching party every year, but they haven't been up to it for the last couple of years due to caring for aging parents, etc.

It's sad to lose aging parents and grandparents :cry: , but sometimes it's a blessing in disguise when they're finally not suffering anymore. My father-in-law had been in a nursing home for about 3 years, and his quality of life was pretty much gone. He was lucky to be in a place where the staff seemed to really care about him, and they did their best to make him comfortable, but his body and his brain were just done. As one of them said, we like to think that he went to "the big bird watching place in the sky."

Glad to hear that you're inland and high enough up to be reasonably safe when one of our Alaskan earthquakes shakes the water in the "bathtub," but I guess you still have to deal with the windstorms. We've been lucky enough not to have had any really bad windstorms so far this year, just alternating cold snaps with relatively warmer temperatures -- freeze and thaw. Makes for really "interesting" road conditions. :roll: I'm ready for spring too. Just a few more months -- at least the days are getting longer.

I think OCD can actually be an advantage sometimes, especially when it comes to things like keeping things sanitized or even sterile. It's been a little over 3 years since Puff tested positive for adenovirus and he was pretty sick for a while, but seems to be holding his own now, although I'm not sure how much of his tendency to be a couch potato is due to the adenovirus and how much is just because he's getting older. I think the reason people are so afraid of it is because it is contagious and there's no cure, but our reptile vet says that it's not necessarily a death sentence. We don't know if the strain that Puff has is specific to bearded dragons (the test results just said "reptile" ADV), so we tried to take reasonable precautions when Squirmles was alive, and as far as we know, he never caught it -- but we're assuming that it had nothing to do with his death. Necropsy results didn't look like it.

It's good of you to adopt Jamie -- probably the best possible home she could have, with you for a "mom" and a vet for a "dad." :)

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

With my grandfather it wasn't fun at all. It was exhausting...for me. My parents worked and my siblings weren't very helpful. My brother was 13 and my sister was 17 at the time. I was 21. I did all the work...no playtime at all I couldn't go out with any friends. I was at home 24/7 taking care of grandfather. Making meals, picking up his laundry and washing it, changed his cat box and fed his cats, washing all his dishes. Basically what you'd do for a young child. This includes helping him with clothes. So yeah I was so tired the only time I got to sleep was midnight when he went to sleep. I always had to cancel with my friends because my sister wasn't going to help...she has a 7 yr old son now. I also had to wake up at 7 to give grandfather breakfast. He eats early..I don't like getting up at 7. Everyone was stressed out over him. If I wanted a break I'd get yelled at and told I didn't do much. Nobody knew how it was..they just worked. The night he died I felt guilty for the "vacation" I was getting. I cleaned up his room, sold things we didn't need anymore and took back things to the hospital (I can drive though I had no time back then). That was 7 years ago he died 2011. I have his Dallas Cowboys stuff though Im more of an Eagle fan. I have Eagles in my room along with his Cowboys.
I never got rid of it.

Jamie is doing phenomenal for AV positive. She's pretty happy. She weighs 445g and she's 21 in long. Broly dropped 9g hes 539 last week he was 548...not too bad. He doesn't look like he dropped any but the scale knows or it glitched Idk. Broly hates being weighed it stresses him out. I rather put him on the bathroom scale but it shows pounds not grams. Broly is 20" long.
Kane is 599g and he's 25" long. He's a german giant.
Everyone gains except Broly he's a yo yo with weight. He's up then down or more down depending in stool and how much he eats. He hardly ate any pumpkin last night due to the winds. He ate 7 crickets, today. I offered more but he was disinterested after that. Very active and healthy and stools are becoming more "tube" shaped. The kink in his loop of henle is straightening itself out. We have another round of wind Thu and Sat. I'll check his weight next week Im not all that worried unless he looks like he's dropped weight though next week I'd like it to go up next week.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom