Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Capaldi is fine. They said we could Maxi Gaurd or something like that. Im not good with names to meds. We could use Baytril but when we took him they said its clearing up. So no harsh drugs.

My mother in law surprised me with a new venus flytrap. I have two green dragon flytraps. The new flytrap is a DC XL species. I knew of various species. Also with our cobra lily we have red cobras coming up. So there's regular green cobra and red. Two types. I have to get some sleep we have lunch out of town with my mom and dad. My sister, her husband, Jack and ny brother are all coming. I need to get the daytime animals set before we go.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":jo6gzn3x said:
Hey,

Capaldi is fine. They said we could Maxi Gaurd or something like that. Im not good with names to meds. We could use Baytril but when we took him they said its clearing up. So no harsh drugs.

My mother in law surprised me with a new venus flytrap. I have two green dragon flytraps. The new flytrap is a DC XL species. I knew of various species. Also with our cobra lily we have red cobras coming up. So there's regular green cobra and red. Two types. I have to get some sleep we have lunch out of town with my mom and dad. My sister, her husband, Jack and ny brother are all coming. I need to get the daytime animals set before we go.
oooo is it a magenta strain trap or normal or another strain! i love the magenta strain, especially the ones with the blood red mouths!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Omg where ya been??

Im already married with 9 reptiles!

Yes, the species of cobra plant is both green and red. They're not fully devoloped yet. We don't know what it really looks like.

Broly's passing normal stools. It's on the wet side. It's pretty much normal now.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
It sounds like baby cobra lilies are a lot like baby bearded dragons maybe -- in the sense that you don't know exactly what color they're going to be until they grow up?

New one on me -- I didn't know venus flytraps came in any other colors besides green. But then, what I know about carnivorous plants you can pretty much put in a thimble... You guys have got me interested.

I suppose that mouth rot would be a pretty miserable thing for a beardie to have, but I'm a great believer in not using harsh drugs if you don't need them -- sometimes the "cure" is worse than the disease. So it's great that Capaldi's getting better on his own.

Sounds like you had a fun weekend planned, Kami -- I hope it all went well for you. :)

We had a little bit of nice dry weather on Sunday afternoon, so my husband was able to finish up the back gate. Rainy day indoor activities on Saturday -- we did a little online shopping and ordered some "Phoenix worms" (BSFL) for Puff. (It's an experiment :? ) They should arrive later in the week if all goes well...

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I got into carnivourous plants 2010. I wasnt able to keep them till about 2011. I researched a whole year non stop to care for them. Each of them. I settled on venus flytrap as my first. I wasn't trying any pitcher plants till I was more novice not beginner. Research led me to think pitchers were bad beginners, terrified I might kill it. They look really cool too. I've accidentally killed my venus in the past. I understand now that it's not so bad. I know what Im doing.

Capaldi is a skink. It's all good.

Broly's stool is slightly on the runny side but it's normal for him considering loop issues.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
SHBailey":2hpcuq69 said:
It sounds like baby cobra lilies are a lot like baby bearded dragons maybe -- in the sense that you don't know exactly what color they're going to be until they grow up?

New one on me -- I didn't know venus flytraps came in any other colors besides green. But then, what I know about carnivorous plants you can pretty much put in a thimble... You guys have got me interested.

I suppose that mouth rot would be a pretty miserable thing for a beardie to have, but I'm a great believer in not using harsh drugs if you don't need them -- sometimes the "cure" is worse than the disease. So it's great that Capaldi's getting better on his own.

Sounds like you had a fun weekend planned, Kami -- I hope it all went well for you. :)

We had a little bit of nice dry weather on Sunday afternoon, so my husband was able to finish up the back gate. Rainy day indoor activities on Saturday -- we did a little online shopping and ordered some "Phoenix worms" (BSFL) for Puff. (It's an experiment :? ) They should arrive later in the week if all goes well...
There are purple, yellow, orange, blue and various combinations and intensities. i will be a bit jealous if she got a magenta, those are rare and i havent found one at a decent price.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":1o27tzfh said:
Hey,

Omg where ya been??

Im already married with 9 reptiles!

Yes, the species of cobra plant is both green and red. They're not fully devoloped yet. We don't know what it really looks like.

Broly's passing normal stools. It's on the wet side. It's pretty much normal now.
You sound like you have your hands full. That many children AND a husband? :D

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":3it31v6f said:
Hey,

I got into carnivourous plants 2010. I wasnt able to keep them till about 2011. I researched a whole year non stop to care for them. Each of them. I settled on venus flytrap as my first. I wasn't trying any pitcher plants till I was more novice not beginner. Research led me to think pitchers were bad beginners, terrified I might kill it. They look really cool too. I've accidentally killed my venus in the past. I understand now that it's not so bad. I know what Im doing.

Capaldi is a skink. It's all good.

Broly's stool is slightly on the runny side but it's normal for him considering loop issues.
sounds like draconis, though, i have to pull his plugs every now and again....he enjoys it too much i think!!! I did get a concrete diagnosis for my gland problem, and found out that its a semi rare condition. I got the news that my dad might have the same condition as well. I also have trouble with my heart, and getting sick too easily since i had pneumonia back when i went septic and nearly died of a ruptured apendix back in 2013 and the doctor before didnt pay attention to the symptoms much more than to throw meds at me landing me back in the er 3 -4 days latter near death but giving the doctors and nurses a bit of a surprise because i could talk in complete sentences while in pain and unable to breath correctly, and severely dehydrated. :D im a mama i can be violently sick and still get up to cook or clean if need be. It seems that my body just wants to give in but my brain forgot to read that memo!!! I have several spinal and nerve and joint issues as well as some mental issues.....Will someone please find the one that keeps hitting me with the medical book and tie them up? LOL j/k im alive and thats what matters! I am happy to see that broly is having good poops now. and the excess water is only because his mommy keeps him very well hydrated. Draconis has always had some water in his poop. I have a you tube channel called That creepy family, if you want to see vlogs with my baby boo in them!! It is coming up on brumation time for him and he seems to not want to eat much at all the past few months.....ill fatten his lil butt up on reptiboost if i have to!!! i had to tell him hed lose his tail if he doesnt at least eat "frosted" beardie bites to get him to at least eat those!! Mention his tail and he will do anything if he can keep it!! :D Any who, im alive your alive our little children are alive and we are all happy and as healthy as we can be considering. TTYL.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I've been wanting to do a YouTube channel too. Im just tied up with chores like I live with my parents. Broly is up to 510g. 508 last week. I told the vet he hit 510 and he is happy to hear that.

Im pretty sure my cobras are red like blood red. They have green tongues. They're definitely the color of blood. A friend in North California has a magenta cobra lily with blue ones coming from it. She's got a hybrid. I bet blue and magenta are pretty. Mine is just green and red.

I still don't have a YouTube channel but I do watch vids anyway. I'm usually tired after all the cleaning and feedings I do. Then there's human feedings and cleaning. Im never done LOL.

Im getting my side pain checked out Friday. It comes and goes we don't know what it is. When it does come it hurts like a B!! Stabbing pain right in there. Crippling almost. As fast as it came it's gone... Yeah, that needs checking.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Oops :oops: yes I did know that Capaldi is a skink. But I'm glad he's feeling better either way. :)

Sounds like carnivorous plants come in just about every color of the rainbow. I've got to wonder if they've been cultivated for unusual color morphs, kind of like what breeders have done with beardies and other reptiles? :?

My life seems really simple and easy by comparison after reading all this -- just my husband and me and two reptiles, and no major health problems so far besides depression and fatigue and allergies -- pleasant evenings with reptile cuddling and TV watching more often than not when my husband gets off work -- life is pretty good, but I do still feel overwhelmed and maxed out sometimes, if you can believe that. :shock:

Phoenix worms arrived yesterday, so Puff got a little unscheduled snack. He seems to like them, so they may be good for a little variety once in a while. Not cheap -- shipping to Alaska costs about as much as the worms themselves, and probably not in the winter, so it won't be very often. We're considering silk worms too, but at least roaches are usually easy to get locally in the meantime. And there's always Repashy Grub Pie to fall back on if all else fails, especially since he really seems to like the taste of it. :)

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Yes, it's cultivated. People can't take them from the mountains of North Cali and South Oregon. Same with the venus flytaps. Flytraps are from North and South Carolina. Nobody's allowed to take them. It makes you think how it first started then. Maybe they took seeds from the flowers they made. Idk.

I would love an easy life. Tom already had the first 7 geckos add my beardie thats 8 then he got himself one theres 9.

I got some things to get to. Wow..Broly goes potty in his food bowl. Strange guy. I'll guess I'll run very hot water over it to kill any bacteria and parasites. Been a while since hes done that.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Maybe the carnivorous plants have a history similar to bearded dragons -- I've heard that the ancestors of most of the beardies in this country were smuggled in from Australia even though they don't allow their animals to be exported. Just because nobody's allowed to take them doesn't mean everybody's obeying the law... :roll:

Do you think that maybe some of us would get bored if our lives were too easy? :p

Puff has yet to poop in his food or water dishes, but I suppose there's a first time for everything. Speaking of, he's a little overdue. I might treat him to some Repashy Grub Pie. :wink:

We did an overnight campout with my husband's church group this last weekend. Very nice camp. I left half the heat lamps on for the reptiles but turned them off on the cool side so they would have a cool dark place to go to sleep for the night if they wanted. Squirmles was coiled up in his Kleenex box when we got home and didn't seem to care, but Puff was down at the bottom of his ramp looking a little forlorn. I think we're more or less caught up with our daily cuddles now. :)

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

That's true. I guess some didn't listen.

Your dragon is fine. A lot dont use the bathroom for 1-2 wks. Any longer is when you can start intervening or even a vet if it doesn't work. I never had to make appts about stools it doesn't go too long. Every 3-4 days at most, a week if he's having a bad week. I add pumpkin every 3 days to keep it from happening. Repashy is good for you as he'll eat it. Broly wouldnt eat anything when he was 1 yr. It was the picky stage. Kane is getting over his picky stage, finally. Took a lot of hand feeding. However the salad part of their lives. I had to be persistent and not hand feed. Now they both eat salads.

I have 9 carnivourous plants now...1 cobra and 8 Venus flytraps. 6 are DC XL venus the other two are the normal green ones they call green dragon with red traps. The 6 are stressed out so I only put them outside a few hours a day. I do bring them all in as it approaches nighttime, too cold for them. Winter they go to sleep so no worries about outside. I'll leave them out till it gets cold in November so they can sleep naturally from nature itself. The only time they'll be left out after dark.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, Puff is fine alright. I got tired and had to take a nap in the middle of the day, and when I got up he had plopped a big sloppy one in his terrarium -- major cleanup project. :roll: "Daddy" gives them their baths when he gets home from work because "Mommy" isn't up to it anymore. Apparently he couldn't wait that long. Oh well.

So you've got as many carnivorous plants as you've got reptiles. Nice to keep things even, huh? :)

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Yeah it's evened out. You'd think less work as they're plants. Well it's just as hard! I have to make sure the 5 day reptiles are fed as well as cats and dogs. Then make sure everyone is watered.

Night is a bit less erratic. 4 leopards to be fed and hamster.
After washing dishes and laundry folded I play with my hamster, wash hands and then put the day reps to bed.
I don't bathe my reps often. It got to the point of I believe the whole they don't absorb water through vent/skin. I got tired of debating with people who believe and who didn't. Im so done! I keep quiet now and to each their own.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom