Bearded Dragon WebCam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!

I have a bearded dragon I've kept for about 3 years, and her name is Chopstick. I have created a rather nifty web cam of her that goes live for about 6 hours out of the day and provides a live feed of what she's doing in her cage. Most of the time she isn't doing much aside from basking, looking around, glass dancing, or generally being a beardie, but it's still pretty cool.

Seeing as this is a neat thing, and this site has lots of beardie lovers, I wanted to share! Enjoy!

Lizard Cam

PS. Any feedback on the enclosure, her behavior, or how she looks is welcome! I like to think that I've been a good reptidad after having her three years, but I'd still appreciate any tips from the knowledgeable.

UPDATE!
Now you can make your own Lizard Cam! Please find instructions on my blog here: http://prannon.net/how-to-make-your-own-lizardcam/

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It must have been off when I tried to look at it because I only saw a blue screen. Will have to try again another time.

Prannon

Original Poster
Heyimbrit":3lor7137 said:
That's so cute! She wanted out when I was watching her.

She tends to glass dance a lot. I think that its either:

a) I'm hungry, I wanna look for food!

-OR-

b) I'm stressed, and I want to go and find a darker hidey spot!

I tried to alleviate this problem by getting her a much larger enclosure than she had previously. She used to stay in a 40 gal, and this new cage is at least twice as large. It seems to have helped a little, but hasn't quite done away with the glass dancing.

Prannon

Original Poster
diamc":1c29o6ct said:
It must have been off when I tried to look at it because I only saw a blue screen. Will have to try again another time.

The normal schedule is 1pm to 7pm CST. It's possible that you were looking at it a bit late in the day, in which case a blue screen would have meant it was off.

It's on every day at the same time, so you should be able to catch it eventually! :)

Prannon

Original Poster
Heyimbrit":3sx19kh9 said:
I see you have a new little one in the tank with Chopstick. What is it's name?

The little one is Soju! :D

She has a bit of an interesting story. I was shopping at a local Petsmart for crickets and the lady helping me made mention that she had a 4-6 month old beardie that she wasn't able to sell. She was a bit of a bully to the little ones and was now too old for the display.

So, feeling impulsive, I asked to see the little one and found her to be very active, attentive, and quite pretty! I gave her a good looking over, and saw she was missing all of her toes on one of her feet.

I showed this to the lady and I said, "Here's why you couldn't sell her." So... they gave her to me for free! I spent some money buying a temporary enclosure for her, but otherwise she's been a doll.

When I first put Soju into the cage, Chopstick turned into Chompstick and bullied her around for a week or two. Lately, though, Soju has shown submission and they seem to be used to one another. :) Things are going quite well!

Heyimbrit

Juvie Member
They seem to get along pretty well. From what I've seen, Chopstick just minds her own business while Soju runs around exploring the tank. They're both so fun to watch. :D

Prannon

Original Poster
Heyimbrit":1i8h11wm said:
They seem to get along pretty well. From what I've seen, Chopstick just minds her own business while Soju runs around exploring the tank. They're both so fun to watch. :D

I'm so glad! :D It's fun that someone gets as much out of this little cam that I do. :D

I'm going to try and reposition the camera sometime today to see if I can get a better view on them. The current view... stinks. :/

USB extension cable should do the trick.

Prannon

Original Poster
Ah yeah, I went on holiday for a couple of weeks. When I came back, I moved my servers around and it ended up putting the web cam juuust out of USB extension cable's reach. :(

I've put off getting that addressed. I need to find a 50 foot USB extension cable or something....

But to answer your question, they're fine! Soju is getting big now, so it's getting interesting to see them together just about the same size.

Heyimbrit

Juvie Member
I've been trying to check up on them. I can't wait to see them again. They're little beardie faces are missed.

Prannon

Original Poster
TeddyLC":eqhmpmeo said:
... Soju... like the Korean alcoholic drink? HA. That's cute!

Yes, precisely! Someone finally got it!

I lived in Korea from 2009 - 2011, and that experience left an impression on me. I name my various creatures after catchy Korean things.

Chopstick - my first beardie!
Kimchi - Leopard Gecko
Soju - second beardie!

I need to get the web cam up and running again. I'll see about doing that this weekend. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom