Bearded Dragon WebCam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!

I have a bearded dragon I've kept for about 3 years, and her name is Chopstick. I have created a rather nifty web cam of her that goes live for about 6 hours out of the day and provides a live feed of what she's doing in her cage. Most of the time she isn't doing much aside from basking, looking around, glass dancing, or generally being a beardie, but it's still pretty cool.

Seeing as this is a neat thing, and this site has lots of beardie lovers, I wanted to share! Enjoy!

Lizard Cam

PS. Any feedback on the enclosure, her behavior, or how she looks is welcome! I like to think that I've been a good reptidad after having her three years, but I'd still appreciate any tips from the knowledgeable.

UPDATE!
Now you can make your own Lizard Cam! Please find instructions on my blog here: http://prannon.net/how-to-make-your-own-lizardcam/

Prannon

Original Poster
Heyimbrit":3uv9gnpb said:
Ok...is one of them invisible? I still only see one of them.

There are always two of them in there. Chopstick is in a brumate-y phase lately. She tends to stay in the same corner day in and day out. The corner she chooses is not visible from the camera.

Heyimbrit

Juvie Member
Just checked in on them and saw Chopstick for just a few seconds before she settled back down into her corner.

Cool! I would like to suggest two thing about your setup. Switch your sand substrate out with something like reptile carpet or tile. Sand can be very fatal for beardies. Also, is there a UV light in it? If not, it would be better for the beardies health and growth.

Prannon

Original Poster
BeardieScout":3u2091r2 said:
Cool! I would like to suggest two thing about your setup. Switch your sand substrate out with something like reptile carpet or tile. Sand can be very fatal for beardies. Also, is there a UV light in it? If not, it would be better for the beardies health and growth.

They're already on outdoor carpet. I've only ever used carpet for these guys. ;)

I use a powersun bulb, which produces uva and uvb light. Been using them for years with no problems. :)

Prannon

Original Poster
SpacialCoogs":2oucjy0s said:
Is this still running?

Yes. It's just broken at the moment and I've been lazy about fixing it.

I probably need to replace the SD card I'm using on the raspberry pi.

I'll respond back here when it's up again.

Prannon

Original Poster
Hey guys! Man.. it's taken me a month to finally get around to this. I finally got the web cam fixed. I put a new (hopefully more robust) SD card in the raspberry pi that shouldn't be so prone to failure like the last one, so hopefully this one will fail less often.

Aaaanyway, back to your regular streaming cam. Enjoy!

http://chopstick.lizard.camera/and-soju-too/

Prannon

Original Poster
So, sad to report, Chopstick died. :( I'm pretty sure that she died of impaction after me having fed her too many superworms one day.

I still have Soju, though! I've renamed the lizard cam to soju.lizard.camera.

I'm also working on writing a guide so that users can set up their own lizard cams! I'll provide a link to it in the OP of this thread as soon as it's done. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom