Who knew I'd become so smitten w/these GIRLS? (Thread/pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son bought our BD, Smaug, on Saturday, and by today, Tuesday, I already adore the little lizard! :love5:

He usually goes to sleep in his "cave", but he seemed restless last night. I turned off his lights and put him in his cave, but he kept coming out and eyeing me up. I decided to scoop him up and take him with me into the living room and hold him while I sat on the sofa and watched TV. I partially covered him with one hand, and he flattened himself against me and fell asleep. So cute! Of course, if I moved, he woke up, but when I got up and put him into his cave, he stayed there and slept until morning.

Here are some pics!

Smaugsleeping2.jpg
[/url][/img]

Smaugsleeping.jpg
[/url][/img]

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Oh gosh, I know what you mean!!! I knew I wanted a reptile for a long time, but I had no idea how much I would love my dragon when I finally got him!
I started using a cloth napkin made from soft flannel to wrap him up at night and then I just put him all wrapped up in my lap til he falls asleep! He loooves it. It's a fight to get him OUT of his bed in the morning, haha!

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I put a washcloth inside of his cave, because it's on top of ceramic tile on the "cool" side of his tank, and I thought that might be uncomfortable. I think he liked it. He just lays on it though, not wrapped up in it.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
You could try wrapping him up in it tonight to see if he likes it! Pushkin will kind of wiggle down into it, like he's digging in to get comfortable, it's really cute!

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He enjoyed being wrapped up in his washcloth last night. I wrapped him loosely and then let him lay on my chest while I sat on the sofa and watched TV, and he fell asleep. The only problem is that I can't fit him while he is wrapped up in the doorway of his cave. LOL. So I disturbed his slumber, but he went back to sleep.

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
New Smaug pics!! :D

"Pssst! Hey, cat! If you help me out of here, I'll make it worth your while ...."

Smaug, smiling for the camera during his bath.

Staring contest between Smaug and Saint.

Aaaaahhh! Peace and companionship ... Maybe?

Pushkin

Juvie Member
How is it having cats with the dragon? I'm considering getting a kitten, but have never had one before - my family was always a dog family growing up!
Any special concerns I should keep in mind as far as having the dragon, too?

Pushkin

Juvie Member
By the way, I bet Smaug is about to go through a bit growth spurt! Mine was 10 inches one day, and 15 inches now! Seems like overnight!

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Saint seems to like him (as you can see by the pic). The other two ... Not so much. They seem almost afraid of him. :? I'm hoping it will just take time. I would not trust him alone with any of them though; I feel that a cat's hunting instinct is just too strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom