My mischievous Bandit

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Re: My mischievous Bandit

Postby ohsmileb » Sat May 16, 2015 7:53 am

I'm lucky bandit hasn't laid any eggs. She's gonna be 3 this year

My oh my time flies.

Yeah full time work and school :( this summer I'll have to extern at a doctors office.
ohsmileb
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby sweetiepie9 » Sat May 16, 2015 9:06 am

Does the school find the intern for you or do you have to. And hopefully Bandit will stay not doing any eggs. Fingers crossed!

Good luck with school, you must be almost over this term, right? Is this the end of school for you or do you have another year to go?
sweetiepie9

Postby BlueDragon09 » Sat May 16, 2015 12:45 pm

Good luck no eggs!

How is everything for you?
Been diagnosed with asperger's syndrome.
BlueDragon09
BD.org Addict

Postby zandi202 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:54 am

We lost Sorin back in November.... It kept getting worse.

Glad Bandit is doing well. Do you think she wpuld
Mind donating some fat to Jace? lol
zandi202
BD.org Addict

Postby AstroPoet » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:57 pm

How adorable! I'm so happy for you!
AstroPoet
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby ohsmileb » Tue May 07, 2019 11:09 am

Hello strangers!!

Hope all is well and everyone is good! Bandit is turning 7 in August and I don’t think she’s slowing down! 😱 she’s still a spunky dragon with a ferocious appetite. Luckily still no eggs! I gave her some scrambled eggs to try (just an itty bit without oil or butter) and I thought she was going to stab herself with the tweezers she jumped at it so hard lol I got a dog and my dog doesn’t know what to make of her lol cats are still good :)

I’m not sure how to share photos since photo bucket is asking me to pay? What does everyone use for photo sharing?
ohsmileb
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby sweetiepie9 » Tue May 07, 2019 2:57 pm

There is an online storage for pictures here. the XMING is how you access the pictures to post, I'll get the link on downloading from your camera or cell. Hand on.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/#new

I'm so glad you're back. Wow, 7 years old. Glad she's still spunky. So is my eldest, Grrl, about 6 or 7 years old and is laying eggs 1, 2 or 3 every day. I guess she'll stop eventually LOL

So glad no eggs yet. Cierra has laid 2 large clutches (infertile), so has Freya, who isn't even two yet. And Grrl on a daily basis. And I moved in between the eggs LOL
sweetiepie9

Postby ohsmileb » Thu May 09, 2019 4:54 pm

Aw that’s a bummer that they’re all laying!
That’s crazy you have so many ladies now! I think when I started you had all males!

Hopefully this picture works?

She’s been benefiting from all the dandelions in our yard 😂 I grew some mustard greens in my garden because beautiful dragons says it can be a staple but recentlyI’ve read that it shouldn’t be a staple?!
ohsmileb
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby sweetiepie9 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:42 pm

mustard greens are fine as staples, my crew eat arugula, bok choy and collard greens. Turnip greens, too. Any of these can be greens staples. Mine have never eaten anything like arugula, they go through tons of it. I get my boys to eat their worms, but putting arugula on top, never worked b4 but now they get that worms are under the greens and root around but always get some greens with each work LOL Took years to figure that out. LOL And yes, when I knew you, i had all boys; Lonzo, Rubio, Didi, Gabriel, Titan and Leo. Titan died of yellow fungus Dec/13. Lonzo passed of old age in 2015 at 11 1/2 yrs old. Rubio died Easter Sunday/14 of a brain tumour. Didi passed from issues w/his intestines, same year. Leo passed 2 years ago at 9 yrs of age and Gabriel passed last Oct. Now I only have 2 boys and 3 girls. Looks like Cierra finally passed her last egg of the 2nd clutch, it was stuck behind urate. So got that all out this am. They all got baths in the new sink, lots more space to swim around. No sunlight in the new apartment, but they all have great lights and I hold them as much as possible. My son has promised to help me unpack the rest of the stuff in boxes to clear out the living room. Each 40 gallon tank has either a credenza or a dresser underneath, all empty, so I'm just going to unload what used to be in the living room into those storage spaces. Then the rest where they belong. I just want to see the living room without the boxes!

Glad this is the last move I'll make. Having my grandkids down the hall makes up for all the stress that goes with moving.

Thanks for the pic and it worked great. Bandit looks in the prime of health.

Back to food, I've never followed another list since I found the beautiful dragons site. Veronica Rice is the owner of the rescues that are connected to the site. So I know her info is top notch and I won't even listen about or look at any other list. It's done my dragons well for 13 years, so will continue to do so. That's the food list I always recommend because I'm admin on 3 Facebook sites, as well as a member of a couple of others. All bearded dragon sites, mostly rescue sites. And I connect the brumation article on here to whoever needs to know about brumation. I tell people about this forum all the time, not sure if anyone new has joined.

Alex, who owns this site, married last summer and they now have a daughter. So he's been very busy. I don't think he's even doing the calendar anymore. He said it wasn't cost effective anymore, less people using the site, less people sending in pictures, less people buying the calendar through Cafe Press. That's what he told me last year, not sure about this year.

You'll have to update what you've been up to. And congrats on the back growing space, glad you've got dandelions for Bandit. They are awesome but over here, they grow mostl where there's lots of cars. I'm looking for fresh in the am to bring to the dragons, but so far won't pick out of the park next door, not sure if they spray. They don't spray here, so I'll look behind the buildings to see if there are any to be found.

I'll try to post pics, but if you're on Facebook send me a friend request. Deb Buss.
Easier to post in messenger for me.
sweetiepie9

Postby ohsmileb » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:30 pm

Anyone have experience with respiratory infections? I can’t get her in until Tuesday and I’m not sure what else I can do in the meantime.

I wrote this in the ER thread as well:

“So I’m fairly certain bandit has a respiratory infection. She’s gaping in her cool side and drooling to the sides when she’s not gaping. Vet appointment isn’t until Tuesday 9 am; I’ve changed her heat lamp from 75 watts to 125 watts. UVB 10.0 changed a couple weeks ago. Anything I can do in the mean time? I live in a very humid state so humidity unfortunately is a battle, I did give her some kiwi to try a couple days before her symptoms started so I’m wondering if that has anything to do with this as well? I’ll try running the CHE at night too even though my house doesn’t drop below 65.”
ohsmileb
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Beardie Tales