WHY DOES MY BEARDIE NOT LIKE ME??

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

WHY DOES MY BEARDIE NOT LIKE ME??

Postby ElGuapo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:37 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

I don't know if she is just inquisitive or hates to be with me. She eats good, even from my hand. She is active but still loves to bask. She closes her eyes when i pet her head but when i put her on my shoulder she runs down my back to get away. She is not loving the new tile but i changed from the terrarium felt because her nails kept getting stuck. She has a log to hide under but never hides, likes to be out in the open but won't wave at me. She is young so i hope it gets better :(
Crazy Mama to 2 humans, 1 Westie-Riley, 1 English Bulldog-Tessa, 2 Beardies-Nachitos Delux & (Dos) El Guapo, 1 Map Turtle-Atlas, 1-Yellow Belly Slider-YoYo and 1 Tarantula-Tiki
ElGuapo
Hatchling Poster

Re: WHY DOES MY BEARDIE NOT LIKE ME??

Postby FranktheTank » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:44 pm

If she is still a young beardie it's normal, it's not that she doesn't like you, she just is curious and wants to explore right now. It's a good thing really, she obviously trusts you and must like you or she wouldn't want to explore her environment if she wasn't happy. As time goes on and she grows older she'll calm down and get lazy, and she'll be all about hanging out on you or around you. My female was the same way when she was a little beardie, now she is fat and lazy and loves nothing more than to chill and watch tv with me.

-Kaleen
4 Bearded Dragons Frank, Sunny, Chloe, and PeeWee 2 Uromastyx Doug and Daisy, 2 Leopard Geckos Lulu and Ronald, 1 Savannah Monitor Walter, 1 PacMan Frog Charlie, 1 Chameleon Oswald
FranktheTank
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby NeosMom » Tue May 01, 2012 4:16 am

Kaleen is exactly right. You are describing both my dragons behavior as babies to the letter. Have patience.
NeosMom
Juvie Poster

Postby ElGuapo » Tue May 01, 2012 8:59 am

Thanks guys! I really love her and want her to be friendly :-)
Crazy Mama to 2 humans, 1 Westie-Riley, 1 English Bulldog-Tessa, 2 Beardies-Nachitos Delux & (Dos) El Guapo, 1 Map Turtle-Atlas, 1-Yellow Belly Slider-YoYo and 1 Tarantula-Tiki
ElGuapo
Hatchling Poster

Return to Beardie Tales