Broly the new super saiyan beardie

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi...

I hope you feel better soon. Glad to hear you tested negative for covid. Sounds like you're taking good care of yourself.

It's good that you have help with your critter care. My husband still does all the hard work taking care of Puff, and I get the cuddles. It's not fair to my husband, but it's the only way Puff gets taken care of these days. At least he gets what he needs. He's been hanging out in his hide most of the time again lately. He seems to go through phases with that.

Glad to hear that Broly finally pooped. Puff has been doing pretty well with that lately. If he goes several days without a poop then I give him a little belly massage in his bath, and sometimes that helps.

He still seems to like crickets better than roaches these days, which is ok because usually the pet store has crickets but not always roaches. They have changed their hours and close earlier for some reason (probably something to do with covid) so my husband has to get right down there after work, otherwise Saturdays.

One of our dimmer switches burned out but so far we've been able to keep the temperatures in Puff's tank within reason.

Everything's okay hear otherwise. We've had some warm weather (for Anchorage) and some rain to put the fire danger down, which is a good thing. :)

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Finally back home! We were in Tennessee visiting Tom’s family. I didn’t have time to check here. Nothing much happened. Broly been using the bathroom more. He’s now about to shed his head. The tail finally chipping off one scale at a time. It’s not wrapped around like it once was.
Tummy still slight yellow, but it’s not at all ready to come off and he’s had baths. It’s not yellow fungus I know that. It would have spread from all those baths. It’s still in the same place and he’s had it for a couples months now. No spreading or damaged scales. It’s gonna be one of those forever sheds. It’s not causing harm.

Quill had surgery for a tumor that was slowly growing. He’s good now he’s on pain meds. He’s comfortable laying with my service dog. It wasn’t cancerous but it was really messing with him. The reason why he got surgery was it was bothering him. Idk just saying what the vets said. They said it wasn’t cancer. Who knows why it was bothering him. I thought cancer bothers but not harmless tumors. Whatever I guess.

Everyone still healthy.

We’ve had fires close to us we smelled smoke. Sun was orange. No rain yet and it’s really windy. Not good. Right now we have sunny, blue skies. Hopefully the wind isn’t too much a factor (as in blowing fire away from homes). Idk. Our home is safe for now. No fires really close. We’re planning on moving to Tennessee. Idk when but we are.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi...
It sounds like you had a good trip, or at least an uneventful one. :|

Broly's shedding is getting similar to Puff's -- slow and one scale at a time. Puff seems to be done shedding for the time being.

Yesterday I gave Puff a belly massage in his bath and managed to get a poop -- sometimes it works. It had been a while and I was getting a little worried.

I think tumors can be a bother even if they're not malignant. When you have a lump somewhere you can feel it, especially if it's getting bigger. It's good that Quill had the surgery and got rid of it. Glad it wasn't cancer.

I've been seeing the news about the fires and it's unreal and scary. I'm glad you're not in any danger. We've been lucky not to have a really bad fire season this summer. Mild temperatures and some rain this year. August usually gets rainy and this year is no exception.

Puff fell on his back when he was trying to get down to his hide yesterday. I flipped him back over. Don't know if he could have done it on his own if I had given him some time, but didn't want to take a chance. He's a klutz. :roll:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

It doesn’t rain till winter. Of course we have fires here.
Broly finally finished his tail and now starting the top his head. He’s back to his normal bathroom schedule.
I been gone so long and yet not really much going on. I did finally get my uvb bulbs.

Quill is doing better and moving around being his normal self. We had my sister’s kids come over and watch Paw Patrol the movie. They didn’t want to sit in the theater with masks on. There is that delta variant. Lucky the movie was streaming on Paramount+ app.

Well everyone is good and Im too tired to remember anything else that you said. My brain is just off.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi...

Yeah, when I was in California, August was the hottest month and usually the worst for fire season. It's been a little weird getting used to the weather getting cooler and rainier in August in Alaska. Snow doesn't melt until April or May. Short summers.

We're probably about due to order another UV bulb for Puff. Meanwhile, he's doing well -- eating and pooping as usual and going in his hide about every other day. Sometimes we do a little cuddle in the evening or after his bath. He tolerates it. :|

Glad to hear that Quill is doing well.

I'm back to holing up and not wanting to go anywhere at all with this delta variant running around. I've been vaccinated but still don't feel totally safe. Now they're saying that we're all going to need boosters.

I can relate to being tired and having brain fade.

Not much else going on around here -- same old same old.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

All beardies are getting ready for sleep. Yup even Broly.
We got fecals done and they’re clean and healthy weight.

Nothing really to say. Quill is pretty much done healing.

It’s warm at night though outside is nice. Low 60s to high 50s. Beardies don’t mind not going outside as much. Nobody’s awake or if they are they’re sleepy looking. They don’t eat much. This is Broly’s 3rd day not eating so I might give bugs. I know he’s alright and just getting ready unlike his last 5 years. Power is out so I gotta conserve battery till it gets back. Time to get hand warmers for the lizards.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi...
Glad to hear that all your beardies are certified healthy.

Puff is doing well -- his weight is stable and he's fallen into a pattern of pooping once a week usually on Saturdays. I give him belly rubs in his bath toward the end of the week if he hasn't pooped yet. He usually eats bugs daily and squash and greens occasionally and once in a while he skips eating for a day or two, but I don't worry unless it's longer than that. All good lately. :)

I got an email from the vet that it's time for his annual exam, but we will probably wait for a while. I don't like to cause him stress, especially when he's doing well. What usually happens though is that when I postpone his visit to the vet he ends up needing one anyway, so we'll see how it goes this year.

It's gradually cooling off here too. Off and on rain and sun. No snow yet -- we usually get our first snowfall mid to late October. No surprises this year so far.

My email took a dive but it looks like my husband got it fixed, so I'm back in the loop for now.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Almost been a whole month since I been here.

Beardie gang still sleeping. Pretty boring but can’t force them out no matter how long the lights on for. I don’t need anyone telling me “yeah can’t do anything about the brumation cycle” I already know that. Im not trying to stop them or wake them. No room for anymore babies. I have lots of food, bugs and funds but honestly I don’t need any stress. Broly causes enough of that on his own. This year is almost on its end. Broly will be 7 years old the 14th of January. He may or may not be up for it which means delay his birthday breakfast of various fruit salad, bugs for a midday snack and dinner a plate of greens which he may not eat because it’s still winter. He doesn’t eat greens in fall/winter. I still offer them just in case. Tomorrow is bug meal day so he might be up for that. Depends, he’s been up and down, hit and miss with food. Today was a bit warm he didn’t go outside because it’s under 65 now but he was up and moving around. Jamie woke up today as well as
Kane. They’ll be back asleep tomorrow it’s supposed to be cold. I guess that’s all for now.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi...
So your guys are more or less normal about brumation, I guess. Puff has never done it, and that's probably for the best because the vet says if he does he'll probably be in worse shape when he wakes up.

Puff will be 10 years old in April if he makes it that long. So far, so good. He's eating well most of the time although sometimes he skips a day or two. And this is the first time in several weeks that he hasn't pooped on Saturday, so I'm a little concerned about that, but not too bad so far. His weight is stable around 520-530 grams, which is healthy for him. Crickets and roaches and occasional squash and greens seems to be working. Off and on in the hide.

Getting cold here -- usually 40s in the daytime and 30s at night. We've had a few nights of frost. Picked all the apples and my husband is still trying to figure out what to do with them all. Gave some of them away and cooked some but we still have some left. Had a little snow but it melted. Rain too instead most of the time.

That's about it from Anchorage.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Woah everything changed since I last been on. Gotta login to see my thread.

Anyway, Broly still asleep off and on. Jamie and Kane are full on asleep.

Nothing more exciting than that..

We had a bat in our living room. Nobody got bit but we went to get shots because maybe it did. Tom got it out without harm. Everyone is ok no pet was harmed during the bat’s visit. He just wanted out like any wild animal. It was a sweetheart and didn’t bite Tom when he picked it up with gloves of course. I thought it was a mouse when it was on the floor. I never seen a bat.

Broly hasn’t passed any stool in awhile. Im not concerned since nothing really changed in his diet and nothing too big. Congrats on Puff almost making it to 10 years old that’s an old man since the age of 8. Broly will be there...he’s turning 7 in January. Jamie is 8 so she’s an old lady.

We had a nasty storm! Bomb cyclone they called it. Bad winds, heavy rain also had flooding. We’re all safe though. We had our hand warmers and battery packs just in case. We know we need to plug our filters in. Tanks with water is hard to maintain in power outages without a backup for the filter. Luckily it ended Monday night and we’re just getting rain. It’s also cold now and I expect it till June of next year.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think your login info should be saved on the new site going forward, so that part should return to normal. Certainly a lot of changes recently! The new site is much easier to read/use on mobile. I'm glad you were able to remove the bat safely. Too bad you had to get shots. Are they rough to deal with or not so bad anymore? I just moved a bat on my balcony over the weekend. It was just on the deck not moving so I feared it was dead but it breathed and moved when I brushed it with a piece of cardboard so I moved it to a safer spot and it was gone by morning. Just taking a rest during the day or fell from the balcony above without injury I guess.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I think your login info should be saved on the new site going forward, so that part should return to normal. Certainly a lot of changes recently! The new site is much easier to read/use on mobile. I'm glad you were able to remove the bat safely. Too bad you had to get shots. Are they rough to deal with or not so bad anymore? I just moved a bat on my balcony over the weekend. It was just on the deck not moving so I feared it was dead but it breathed and moved when I brushed it with a piece of cardboard so I moved it to a safer spot and it was gone by morning. Just taking a rest during the day or fell from the balcony above without injury I guess.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Im getting used to it. I may make some mistakes when it comes to replying. Im learning to navigate it. It’s really nice! I actually like it. You all did a good job. Yes, login was fine I was just getting used to the new look. I actually thought I was on the wrong beardie site LOL.
I can barely feel shots and no they’re not too rough just sucks to go at 11pm to the ER when there’s sicker people there. We had to wait a while. Almost 3am by the time we were out. All 3 of us needed the shots. The dragons were great though they didn’t even notice they were all asleep.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom