Mirrors, are they good or evil? Loki voices his opinion!

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Mirrors, are they good or evil? Loki voices his opinion!

Postby HippieLizards » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:58 pm

I got a new mirror recently, and just this evening as I was letting Loki free-roam my room, I suddenly remembered as to why I keep my mirrors hanging, and not leaning against the floor.

Why?

Ah yeah,

Because Loki, that’s why.
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[[FRENZIED ANGRY SCREAMING INTENSIFIES]]
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Cat, and a Ball python. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Mirrors, are they good or evil? Loki voices his opinion!

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:29 am

The black beard on your dragon answers your question for you.

A male bearded dragon is VERY territorial when it sees another male bearded dragons. The dragon will respond the same to a mirror image of itself.

I've seen adult ( alpha ) male water skink literally charge a warp speed at it's own reflection , and actually hit the offending mirror with a loud bang and crack the glass with impact.

NOT A GOOD IDEA.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : , Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Gutzy (F) rescued 27Sep19 - RIP 3Aug20 (est 12 yo), Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby HippieLizards » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:05 am

Nobbys, thank you for the contribution and concern, however I am already well aware of this fact about male bearded dragons. As I own 3 males currently, and have owned male dragons for a couple years now, I know quite a bit about their behavior.

This was just meant to be funny/entertaining. Nothing else, as this is the beardie tales forum for depicting fun, day to day life with your lizards and etc.

I Did not purposely put him there to try and get a reaction out of him or something stupid like that, I just forgot I had a mirror in my room when I let Loki free roam supervised.
And he found it and got offended. I Covered it afterwards so he stopped flipping out.

But another thing, Loki is just very hormonal and territorial. It doesn’t matter if there’s a reflection or not, Loki will try to establish dominance over it. It’s just part of his personality. He is healthy and happy and I spoil him rotten, do not worry that I don’t care for him right, or that I’m ignorant of common bearded dragon behaviors. But I digress.

Anyways, I appreciate the concern and information, as it could be useful for newer, less informed owners. However I am not one of them.

Thank you.
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Cat, and a Ball python. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby saraho » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:41 pm

Charlie seems to like things like the stainless steel door kick plate and the stainless fridge. He doesn't freak out, so I assume he can't quite make out his reflection, but I've wondered why he seems so drawn to those particular materials.
“Let me tell you: the only way to get rid of dragons is to have one of your own.”
― Evgeny Shvarts,
saraho
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:59 pm

My Mulder is the same way, he’s attracted to anything shiny or reflective, he doesn’t freak out he just tries to lick and eat it instead. 😂
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby beardie parents » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:31 pm

We've always had females. I guess that's a good thing.
beardie parents
BD.org Sicko

Postby HippieLizards » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:41 am

It is, I have mostly males (3 guys and 2 girls currently) and the guys are always crazy, yet my youngest female has a odd fondness for head butting things and other animals. (Yes, head butting.) Lol
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby saraho » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:45 am

HippieLizards wrote:It is, I have mostly males (3 guys and 2 girls currently) and the guys are always crazy, yet my youngest female has a odd fondness for head butting things and other animals. (Yes, head butting.) Lol

We had a cat who did that. It was a "boop" and it meant he loved us.
“Let me tell you: the only way to get rid of dragons is to have one of your own.”
― Evgeny Shvarts,
saraho
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:54 am

Aww, yeah Phoenix just does that when you do something she doesn’t like, she’ll ram into you full force lol
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie Tales