You know you're a beardie owner when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
My little Dezzy likes to wiggle around and bunch up/scratch/Im not entirely sure what she's doing to get comfy. The one thing I do know though, is that it's leaving marks on my shirts made of lighter materials lol

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
JIMMIA":1xtyoi2p said:
Mia was a gorgeous dog, I love her eyes, What type was she? She looks like an Australian Shepard but I may be wrong. Thankfully Mia had lived a long and great life with a loving family, and that's what matters. :)(Quote)

yes Mia was a kelpie cross husky :) she was my best friend, her spirit is a gecko :) I seen her with jimmia the other night lol :)
98861-2683027298.jpg
Ah ok, Mia was still very pretty. :)

Also, hate to be a downer, but please do not ever have your gecko near Jimmia otherwise she may try to eat it since beardies try to cannibalize things that are smaller than themselves. So In the future, Do not let the Gecko and Jimmia near each other.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
thank you :) I know they can’t be together :) I hear geckos all the time, I feed them some of JIMMIA left overs :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Ok, but still, not very safe to have them near each other.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
HippieLizards":3er9gxj8 said:
Ok, but still, not very safe to have them near each other.

I understand but I can not help it if a gecko comes near her tank, I don't want scare them away, they're very friendly, my spirit animal is a gecko, and when I see them on the window in the laundry that's when give them some food and I think one of them maybe pregnant because is really big so that's why it likes the warmth on/in her tank but I can't control what they do, they must if climed threw the hole on top of the fly screen where have the cords near (yes cords are out of jimmia way) :) sorry :( :(

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
So here's my latest (and yes, it's autobiographical):

You know you're a beardie slave when:

You're not planning to cook a turkey for your human family this year, but you've stocked up plenty of roaches for your beardie's Thanksgiving feast. :mrgreen:

BTW Jimmia -- I loved the explanation of your beardie's name, and pardon me for doing the math, but I realized that Jim Morrison died about 20 years before you were born. I happen to be 61, and "Riders on the Storm" was one of my favorite Doors songs. Unfortunately, he died when it was still on the charts -- way too young, but he had a wild crazy amazing life. Not really unusual for a rock star -- they tend to live fast and die hard. I guess I've lived through some interesting times. Thanks for the little trip down memory lane.

You and Mia look like you were best buds. My sister once had a dog with one blue eye and one brown eye like that, and at one time she had two other dogs besides, one with brown eyes and one with blue eyes, so she had 3 dogs with 3 brown eyes and 3 blue eyes between them...

At least Jimmia doesn't look like she's the least bit interested in the gecko in the photo, so hopefully nothing bad will happen, especially if you keep an eye on them.

And I think I know the maneuver you guys are talking about -- I like to call it a cross between "snuggle up" and "dig in." Our beardie sometimes does it with whatever is available around bedtime -- towels, blankets, my clothes, etc. :sleepy2:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :)

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
SHBailey":26v9m441 said:
So here's my latest (and yes, it's autobiographical):

You know you're a beardie slave when:

You're not planning to cook a turkey for your human family this year, but you've stocked up plenty of roaches for your beardie's Thanksgiving feast. :mrgreen:

BTW Jimmia -- I loved the explanation of your beardie's name, and pardon me for doing the math, but I realized that Jim Morrison died about 20 years before you were born. I happen to be 61, and "Riders on the Storm" was one of my favorite Doors songs. Unfortunately, he died when it was still on the charts -- way too young, but he had a wild crazy amazing life. Not really unusual for a rock star -- they tend to live fast and die hard. I guess I've lived through some interesting times. Thanks for the little trip down memory lane.

You and Mia look like you were best buds. My sister once had a dog with one blue eye and one brown eye like that, and at one time she had two other dogs besides, one with brown eyes and one with blue eyes, so she had 3 dogs with 3 brown eyes and 3 blue eyes between them...

At least Jimmia doesn't look like she's the least bit interested in the gecko in the photo, so hopefully nothing bad will happen, especially if you keep an eye on them.

And I think I know the maneuver you guys are talking about -- I like to call it a cross between "snuggle up" and "dig in." Our beardie sometimes does it with whatever is available around bedtime -- towels, blankets, my clothes, etc. :sleepy2:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :)

thank you very much :) we don’t have a thanksgiving here in Australia :) so happy thanksgiving to all you fellow Americans :) and understand - everyday we should give, it doesn’t hurt, it does not cost anything, it can help change the world (not today, not tomorrow, not the next day but hopefully one day) and I am proud to say I was brought up with having respect for my elderly or give a helping hand for wherever it may be needed :) sorry :( and for JIMMIA name yeah it’s pretty awesome, it was the geckos that give me the name for her, I did not think it was a real name until I searched it :) and I would definitely say that I am more than obsessed with The Doors / Jim Morrison, it’s my life, this is my collection in 2012 and my dog Mia again with some of my collection lol :)
98861-2455961267.jpg
98861-980286817.jpg

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
CooperDragon":1nazojg9 said:
Wow, that's quite the impressive doors collection!

thank you, I didn't even get to show all my collection back than and now to this day - I have got 3 times that amount that's in that photo, I've even got a tattoo lol :)

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
my newest one is

YOU KNOW YOU'RE A BEARDIE OWNER WHEN - you have just cleaned there tank and they do a big poop OR tear/ mess up the vegetables / fruit to make their terrarium comfortable for them :)

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
You know your a beardie owner when...

1) First 4 items on your shopping list are Squash, rocket, kale and celery stalks

2) You can’t get home fast enough to see if your dragon has pooped today

3) you run for the reptiles as soon as you get to any zoo

4) you start to wonder why you ever thought dogs were the best pet when they took so much time to clean up after compared to a beardie

5) your pay comes in and out within 5mins and the top of your daily bank withdrawals are :
Amazon
Pet centre
Petco
Ebay
Remaining balance $0

6) realise you missed a whole interaction or conversation with a human because you were wondering if your beardie is bored at home without you

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
MarlowAndMe":229e4iio said:
You know your a beardie owner when...

1) First 4 items on your shopping list are Squash, rocket, kale and celery stalks

2) You can’t get home fast enough to see if your dragon has pooped today

3) you run for the reptiles as soon as you get to any zoo

4) you start to wonder why you ever thought dogs were the best pet when they took so much time to clean up after compared to a beardie

5) your pay comes in and out within 5mins and the top of your daily bank withdrawals are :
Amazon
Pet centre
Petco
Ebay
Remaining balance $0

6) realise you missed a whole interaction or conversation with a human because you were wondering if your beardie is bored at home without you
LOL!!! These are all So true!!!! Especially 1, 3, and 6. :lol:

:lol: So true! You know you're a beardie owner when...
1: You fail a class because you were busy worrying about your beardie (I know these aren't funny just bare with me here :cry: )

2: You take the day of your office party off because your beardie hasn't pooped the day before that

Oh, and before I forget, could we call the lady dragons beardetts?

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
ScaryDemonDragon":3pd4egy7 said:
:lol: So true! You know you're a beardie owner when...
1: You fail a class because you were busy worrying about your beardie (I know these aren't funny just bare with me here :cry: )

2: You take the day of your office party off because your beardie hasn't pooped the day before that

Oh, and before I forget, could we call the lady dragons beardetts?
Beardetts Sounds nice Lol, I've always called my female dragons "Miss Royal Queen" Lol. ? Since Daisy is the Queen. ? View media item 60945 Daisy Snuggling up on a Pillow.

My latest You know you're a *Reptile* Owner when;

•When You are reorganizing your room just so you can fit more tanks in it,

•You Keep a Snake hook and bag in the glove compartment Just in case You spot a critter on the road,

•Your Morning routine consists of Cleaning up poop from 5 different tanks,

•You Feel like you can Communicate with reptiles better then you can people,

•You Get Funny looks in stores walking in with a lizard asleep burrowed in your hair,

•And When You zone out of conversations just because you are wondering how your Animals are doing.

That's all I have today. :mrgreen:

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
you know a beardie owner when everyone doesn't bother asking how you are anymore, they ask how's your beardie instead or ask have you got any new photos of your beardie and you show more photos of your beardie than any other usual pictures :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom