Mufasa and Norberta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already introduced me and Fasa, but I thought you all might like to see his cuteness, lol. I also have a question for you professionals: do you have any idea what morph he is?
82607-7214899291.jpg
82607-6370805064.jpg
Here he is sleeping in his new tree, slept in it all of last night.
Mufasa will just sit on my chest and nap or watch whats going on. ;)
One last question: Half the time he doesn't eat his crickets, is there anything I can do to help him eat?
Well, I think that's all for now! :) :)
Makayla.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you! Londyn seems to be settling in well, she and my other crab Tyler don't hang out a lot that I see but they aren't hurting each other so that's good.
82607-6147281756.jpg
82607-3228415311.jpg
Londyn on top and Tyler on bottom.
Mufasa has finally settled down and now Norberta is taking a turn doing crazy hours lol. Norberta is shedding her nose and lips right now and doesn't approve of it.
82607-496069943.jpg
82607-1016227585.jpg
82607-8351865383.jpg
82607-6155433589.jpg
82607-807694388.jpg

Deb I'm so glad to hear Freya is settling in so well, she looks like such a sweetheart. Good luck keeping Cierra up! My hands have been full balancing all the animals lol, they all decide to wake up at once and I've been sick so its been harder to get everything done. Aw, Ramona is adorable!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks Makayla, I know what you mean about feeling sick and still having to take care of the animals. Hope you feel better soon. Loved all the pictures!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I'm lucky that my husband is willing to do the critter care when I'm not up to it. At least we managed to get Puff's tank all cleaned up with fresh towels and stuff this last weekend -- it was overdue, even though he hasn't had any accidents recently, although I probably shouldn't mention that because he's likely to make a liar out of me sooner or later... :roll:

"Daddy" puts on a jacket with a zipper and cuddles him under the jacket while I work on the tank. It makes a nice warm dark place for him to settle down until his little habitat is ready for him again.

Mufasa and Norberta are looking good, and the crabs too. Beautiful pictures. :love10:

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Deb, I'm doing much better now thankfully.
That's so nice your husband can help you with Puff SueAnn!
The girls are doing great right now. Mufasa has just been hanging out, much calmer lol. She got some blueberries which are her favorite and was so messy with them goodness, I wish I had gotten a pic lol.
Norberta is doing good too, I need to adjust her basking spot because she seems to think its too hot lol. She hasn't swollen up in ages so the meds are working and I'm very happy and so is she.
82607-7857040609.jpg
82607-2587907817.jpg
82607-6845171624.jpg
82607-2070103386.jpg
82607-1274519978.jpg
82607-1029045559.jpg
Their faces make me so happy, they're the best.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They definitely are, so cute, both of them. So Norberta doesn't like the heat, just like my new baby Freya. I've been home sick, too, so have had all day with them for the last few weeks, so I have to keep putting her under the light. She's stubborn, too, for a 6 mo old. And flirting with Gabriel :lol: :lol: He doesn't seem to mind.

Remember I told you that Gabriel had an aneurysm in his belly, it was really big and I could feel it. Well, it's gone, his belly is nice and soft and there is nothing there. He's also lost 80g but he looks the same as before, so that's all I could think of, that the darn thing has been absorbed. I have to take him to the vet when I can afford it, but he's looking fine, eating (I have to feed him) and pooping as normal. Hopefully I'm right. He looked off for a few days and I'm wondering if that's what was happening. Vet told me if it popped, he'd pass but that hasn't happened either. The only thing is he has a black beard all the time, but my other 2 do, too, it's spring break as far as they're concerned because Cierra is now up for good & looking great. So when she's out for her run around, the 3 go crazy!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Beautiful pictures of Mufasa and Norberta as usual -- including all the famous dragon things like bug and veggie scarfing, beard flaring, face making, "The Look," etc. :lol:

I've heard that blueberries, strawberries and raspberries make for pretty good "lipstick" if your beardie eats them. Puff doesn't seem to be into "sweets" -- steps in them and then leaves little pink footprints on the towels all the way back up to the basking platform. :roll:

Puff seems to be the opposite of Norberta and Freya -- I try not to let the temperature get too much higher than 105 F, but he'll bask just about forever if I let him.

Yes, I really lucked out when I got married. We had only been dating for about 4 months when we got engaged, and we were married 2 months later. I'd always wanted to know a man for at least a year before making that decision, but we had been spending time together almost every day for at least 2 or 3 months by then. Among other things, we were sharing my rusty little car -- that was a really cold winter and he kept it from freezing to death by parking it in his heated garage overnight and then driving it around the city looking for a job while I was at work during the day. Believe it or not, I was 41 years old and he was the only man I'd ever been in love with my whole life (Cat Stevens doesn't count -- that was a teenage crush on a rock star, and it wasn't real :wink: ). I was really lucky he turned out to be so wonderful -- 18 years later and he's now the sole breadwinner for both of us, we have a plug in hybrid electric car that has to run on gas when it gets too cold -- still no heated garage because he moved into my house since he did not own the place where he was living, and we did some research and found out that building a garage is beyond our means, so he got a cover for the new car to keep it from rusting too soon, and modified the back gate so we could drive it in the yard closer to the electrical outlet on the house -- and we're reptile people because he's severely allergic to anything with fur -- I had 2 cats, 2 ferrets, and a gerbil when we met, and was planning on living out the rest of my life as a happy single career woman surrounded by furry little critters, but sometimes life throws you curves... :?

Ooooh, I guess I got a little carried away. But the bottom line is that I tell people who have given up on ever being anything but single that "romance" can hit you up side the head when you least expect it. :love5: :love5: :mrgreen:

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Makayla, and I hope it will be your turn to feel better soon too, Deb, but that is AMAZING and WONDERFUL news about Gabriel. :shock: :D :blob5: :blob8: Maybe you could negotiate for a discount on an exam (or even a freebie) if you give your vet permission to write a paper about "Gabriel the Miracle Dragon" and publish it in a medical journal. Hopefully the black beard is hormonal as you suspect, and maybe it means he's feeling pretty good if he's frisky enough to flirt with the girls...? :) :?

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Freya seems to have quite the attitude lol! And that would be amazing if Gabriel was able to absorb the aneurysm, keep me updated on how he's doing. I bet Cierra loves being the center of attention lol, my girls have been drama queens lately even without a boy. Lots of headbobbing (even from Mufasa!) and stomping and black beards from Norberta, so funny to watch them. Norberta headbobs randomly at her reflection or me or at nothing but that's just what she does. Mufasa purposefully will move so Norberta can see her from the floor and start throwing a fit :lol:

SueAnn thank you! Lol yes, Mufasa's little claws and nose were purple for a couple days after the blueberries. How funny, they all have such specific preferences. Aww, that's so sweet, thanks for sharing, it's an encouraging story. :love5:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I didn't realize that females could get just as crazy as males when they go hormonal. :shock: :lol:

I'm not sure what to expect from Puff this year, since we haven't had enough normal years to establish a pattern. He went hormonal around April last year, but just after the winter solstice the year before that, and I figured maybe his biological clock was running fast to make up for lost time because he'd been too sick to even think about making little dragons the year before -- we're never going to let him because he's got an incurable STD -- I sometimes think of adenovirus as a sort of bearded dragon equivalent of AIDS. :(

His beard has been getting a little dark lately, so I'm watching for any other signs of coming hormonal craziness (head bobbing, glass dancing, beard flaring at his reflection in the glass, etc), otherwise I'll suspect it's a sign that he doesn't feel well. His annual exam is due in mid April, but we'll go early if it seems necessary.

Hopefully Mufasa and Norberta won't drive you completely crazy before they're done being drama queens for the year. :mrgreen:

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry I've been absent, life's been busy and I've been bouncing between feeling fine and not feeling great.
Mufasa and Norberta are done with their spring fever for now, much more laid back. But their new thing is to BOTH throw fits when they catch sight of each other, Mufasa even blackbearded Norberta for the first time lol!
Norberta gout wise is doing great thankfully. I think Mufasa is going to shed some, her arm and maybe her head look dull.
Nothing much new, its been fairly relaxed beardie wise thankfully.
Here's a couple pics of them.
82607-134820785.jpg
82607-9566178196.jpg
82607-2710291334.jpg
82607-323339911.jpg
82607-1922601634.jpg
82607-7716073575.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Don't you love the black beards. Nathaniel and Castiel sport black beards all day, for Cierra and for Freya, young as she is, about 6 mo old. They've both been doing the mating bobbing to the boys, driving them crazy, but that's easing off. Cierra is making eggs and close to laying, maybe early March. She's 4 1/2 now and in great shape. She brumated for 6 months and she's never looked better. I'm just hoping, seeing as she didn't lay any last year, but the 2 years before, that she won't lay alot this summer. She goes down in August and wakes up in February. It's strange, never had a dragon do that before. Freya has been mating bobbing to Gabriel (slow & deliberate bobs, telling the male they're ready to mate, yeah just what I want from a 6 mo old

Love the pictures, so glad Norberta is doing well on the meds because she looks great. So does Mufasa. I'm going to transfer and post pictures when I have time, maybe tomorrow, it's already 10p. It'll make you laugh, though :lol: d

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It is so funny to watch them! Your house sounds like a handful lol, that is so funny Freya is getting into it all lol, silly little girl. Can't wait to see your pics.
Mufasa is obviously going into shed now, looks like an arm or two, her tail, and most of her back. She's not gonna be a happy girl lol.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Your latest batch of pictures of your girls are beautiful, as usual. :D Glad to hear they're doing well.

I guess you're going to have a "teen pregancy" on your hands, Deb, unless you can keep Freya completely away from the boys. :lol: But it's nice to hear that Gabriel is still around for her to flirt with. :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I blocked off the end of Gabriel's tank, so they can't see each other. As for eggs, she's still too young. Cierra is making eggs, I think, or is absorbing them, not sure.

So Bella is getting spayed finally, she's 9 years old and the vet said she can have issues, so best to get it done now. I've had the blood test done and xray today and spay is on Apr 4. I took Thurs & Fri, Apr 5 & 6 so will have 5 days at home with her. Told my son that I need the car for that Wed and onwards over the weekend.

So Eric is proceeding with the court case against Tara to get full guardianship of the kids. So we'll see how long that takes. He still doesn't know where she lives and she's saying he won't let her see the kids. She's open to see the kids anytime they're at her parents but she's never bothered since Thanksgiving. I hope that gives him a stronger case.

I still have to post pics on my thread, but have been so busy with working back f/t and appts with vet, seeing grandkids and parents...I don't seem to have time for myself so this afternoon I'm taking time off. Bella is sleeping on my bed and I'm going to have a nap, so talk to you all later.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Here's hoping that all that family drama with Eric will be settled soon, so that the kids and all the rest of you can settle into a more stable and healthy routine, and I hope Bella's surgery will go well too, and make her life easier afterwards.

You deserve some time off and some rest, so we'll all look forward to pictures and stories about the beardies whenever you get around to it. :)

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hello guys, been pretty busy so sorry for not getting on and posting.
The girls have been doing just fine, Norberta is finally over 200g which is amazing, she's doing so well on her meds and such and has been a very good girl other than her new game of smearing her poop everywhere... :roll:
82607-4535872759.jpg
82607-8375049149.jpg
82607-181200807.jpg
Mufasa is doing good as well, as laid back as ever. I gave her a hide for the first time since she stopped brumating pretty much and now she only wants to be in the hide and wont come out at all. Any ideas why? I need to watch her the next day or two and see if she's actually sleeping or not, I hope she isn't brumating again...
82607-8450445560.jpg
82607-3415395990.jpg
82607-698557427.jpg
Both girls have done some shedding, Mufasa did almost a full body shed and Norberta has done some feet and leg and face shed recently.
Hope you all and your dragons are doing well! I'll try and be better about posting again lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom