Annabella answers to the question if God exists!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb_y9f6iKVA
Context necessary: I am from Greece, and not so long ago we had a saint-charlatan who lived in the Holy Mount and unfortunately he had a great following. He was advising his admirers how to live their life according to strict christian orthodox values, he prophesied for future events, where supposedly the Byzantine Empire will resurrect, and he supposedly made a lot of miracles. He died approx 25 years ago. Of course all the extreme things pertaining to him were written by some of his followers, not by himself. Recently he was declaired a saint.
One of his supposed miracles was that one time, having been visited by someone educated that questioned the existence of God, he told him that he is more stupid than a lizard. The person was amazed, but didn't say a word. Then he called a lizard, he asked her if God exists, and she bobbed her head positively. The 'miracle' has many versions, but the main story is the above. So I made my bearded dragon to bob her head to the same question, as a parody of those events. After I showed her videos of male bearded dragons displaying and then bobbing my one hand, she head-bobbed and tongue-flicked to my question twice. Too funny!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Do you suppose that was a bearded dragon that the "saint" used for his "miracle" (most likely a male), and that he'd figured out how to get him to head-bob? Pretty clever. Reminds me of snake charmers. :wink:

Minimum3

Hatchling Member
Beautiful Lizard. And Annabella didn't answer the question if God Exists. What she did was basic Lizard behavior. However, let me tell you what I have come to realize as a Christian and as a Former Atheist. That God, when asked with an open mind and an open heart, will answer the questions with the best means that he has. If it's a lizard nodding his head, or a two legged Poodle, or a 1976 Dautsin Pick up with a Green Door. The answers are there for that person and that person alone. Now, with that, how about we just talk about bearded Dragons and leave religion to the people who want it, and to the people who don't to choose to believe as the want to believe with no judgment. My Dragon, for instance, is setting up in my closet looking at me because he is Hungry. What is yours doing?

Varalidaine

Juvie Member
I am glad the original poster explained the circumstance and the joke behind the whole thing.

However, I think Minimum3 post should be removed or edited. Non religious forums are not a place for discussion or mention of religion, considering many religions are non-inclusive and have been the fuel for various wars and tragedies throughout history.

Mysty

Juvie Member
None of the comments so far are offensive, although I find it a bit harsh to suggest a comment be deleted because it mentions a religion. o_O

Idk. Maybe that's just my Britishness showing.

Re the original post, think its an interesting story. Reminded me that such a thing as the 'jesus lizard' exists. Would highly recommend looking it up. A truly awesome animal.

Minimum3

Hatchling Member
I'm sorry, I apparently didn't get my message across effectively. I'll sum it up. The original poster used very eloquent wording to degrade people of the Chatholic faith to explain his joke. He could have easily explained the joke with out having to degrade the people he doesn't agree with. I defended my faith without degrading anyone and even asked politely to go back to talking about bearded dragons. I agree my posted should be deleted along with the entire thread. Administrators I'll hope you agree.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Thank you, Minimum3, for having the courage to point out that the original post may have come across as insulting and/or offensive to some people's religious beliefs, although I like to hope that the original poster did not intend it that way.

It will be up to the administrator/moderators to decide if this thread should be deleted, but perhaps it should stay to serve as a reminder that we all need to be respectful of each other's beliefs, religious or otherwise.

As an example, my husband and I are no longer the same religion (long story), and I sometimes feel as if our marriage is a crucible for interfaith relations, but we have learned by hard experience that avoiding the subject does not seem to work very well. It's the "elephant in the room", and if we try to tiptoe around it and pretend that it's not there, we end up tripping over it sooner or later.

But we still find common ground, and for one thing at least, we still both love our reptiles (and each other), and we still both agree that their welfare is important to us, and we still do our best to take good care of them together, even though we don't always agree about the details of what is best for them.

This may not generalize perfectly from a marriage to a website, but maybe it's worth thinking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom