Shiro's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I would like to introduce my new baby beardie, Shiro (it means white in Japanese) becuase he or she is a white hypo beardie.

Really happy to have him/her and I hope questions and answers on this post will help other people that have a baby beardie.

To kick it off she/he is stunning and very cheeky already! Took dubia from my hand without blinking and jumped onto her hammock and is happily watching her new tank.

So far so good and vet check next week and every six months from there on.

My beautiful girl Tengu will be sadly missed but she taught me a lot and she will always be in my heart and memories, RIP Tengu chan we love you so much.

81643-5623108963.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm trying to remember how long Issy used to stay in her leaves, but it was too long ago. As long as she gets under the basking light 2 hours after eating and gets about 5 hours of straight on UVB, she'll be fine. Babies tend to hide alot, I wouldn't worry unless she's not pooped. At least you know she's eating. When does she go to the vet?

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I moved it down to half way. Now she can stay there as long as she wants :lol: :lol: easier for her and safer for her and she will get heat and uv. Where it was is no good for her and she really enjoys sleeping on it.

Now she is basking on the hammock after some dubia. She is not a big eater thats for sure. I will try and get some other protein that are small on Wednesday.

Vet for initial check... I was going to ask you about that. Being how young she is and the stress of moving etc should I wait or just get her there? It will be a week or so for an appointment if she is just for check so.....

Also today she is so much better again. She is really trusting me so much already. I held her for so long this morning and she seems to enjoy watching me :lol: she is sooooooooo soft!!! Her back is like a smooth carpet :lol: no man spikes yet.

:lol: :lol: she just jumped onto rock and licked it and back to hammock LOL and back to rock :lol: watching dubia now. Funny girl

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
There is no reason to take her in before 6 months, when she'll trust you completely and she'll be much bigger and less scared. Right now she needs your care and to trust you more every day. I'm glad you moved the basking spot for her, that was a great idea. And I'm so glad to hear that she's snuggling with you every day :D

Keep telling me how your day goes with her, she was definitely there for you for a reason. :D

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Cool

She was all over the place today which was great. Basking a lot and licking everything :)

She climbed new leaf area and jumped back down to rock so it's a much better place for her and me!

She had about 20 dubia today and no veg again. I think veg will take time. She later also getting better with syringe. She looks at it as of to say hmmm I'm sure this isn't going to eat me but I don't resist you yet and then legs it! LOL bath tomorrow that's for sure!

What does surprise me is that she knows her name already.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wondering why she is cool with me and then tries to bite when I try and hold her again. It's very odd, is that a or am baby thing?

Thank you

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's just a baby thing, and I'm sure it doesn't happen often. She's just showing her power over you :D

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
LOL LOL she thinks she has power over me HAHAHHAAHA

She's tiny and she thinks her little mouth is scary. So funny!!

Well this morning I put my finger under her chin to let her know all is good and I'm not going away! She's happily in the leaves again. It's so cute watching her look for the highest place and then learn how to get there.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Little beast with her mouth open again! Gave water from syringe and she was so much better than usual. Drank some but let it roll off her so a step forward.

I them held her and stroaked her and let her go. Shes so nervous but handling everyday has to help. I hate to think she thinks I'm a threat but that's nature and their instincts so it's fine. LOL she's basking now and watching me like a hawk!!!

Dubia time!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh that is so cute, they do think they're scary if they open their mouths, cute scary, but scary non the less. They think if they poop themselves up, they are mighty and can stop any threat :lol:

and Dubia Time, YEAH, let me know how many she eats in 15 min. I'm so glad she's getting used to you, it takes a long while usually, but look at you, two. Love it!

Gabriel came back from the vet with drops for his right eye, seems the lower lid is infected for some reason but she couldn't see anything in the eye. So my idea of shed was wrong. He has the drops twice a day for 2 weeks, we'll see if it's better by then.

I love getting your posts, you really do need to put another picture on, maybe in a week? I know she's growing. I got into the habit of weighing everyone every Sunday. So Imp is now 440g after feeding him roaches and the mix.

Do you want to see if you can get the ingredients, it will help her grow in a way that bugs and salad can't. I can mail some to you but I don't know how long it would take to get to you from Canada. I'll look into it.

Can you buy from Amazon?

I'm off to check on Gabriel. The vet put a numbing drop into his eye, well, two, then was able to open the eye and figure out what was wrong. He's been on these drops before as he's always had trouble with his right eye. It's conjunctivitis.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
:lol: :lol: I know right. She is so small as well so its even more funny.

Dubia wise she likes to be handed them onto hammock so she can get them. Eats about 8 and then walks/runs off or closes eye. I think she thinks if she stands at a certain place and looks at me she will get dubia.

She slept in the leaves again last night which was very cute. Now it is lower it is better.

I am glad Gabriel's eye is better and has meds, that's good news.

What is the mix called? I will see if I can get it. Do you just put it on their mouth?

Picture coming soon

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That is so cute.

So the mix is Carnivore Care, Critical Care, both by Oxbow. I get it through my vet, but alot of people get it on Amazon, wasn't sure about Japan, or if it was even available there.

I mix that with butternut squash babyfood and sprinkle with bee pollen, add a bit of water and whisk to mix, then feed drop by drop by syringe. So if she's used to the syringe and something comes out that smells and tastes really good (it's the bee pollen/squash mix), then they'll eat some of the mix, as well, that's how I got Imp started. He ate it only for 1 month before he ate every bug in site he could find.

Let me know.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wow!

That as well as normal calcium and vitamins?

WOW here both are unavailable and if it was, a 70g bag was $76 EACH

I wonder if you would post it to me. Sorry I feel super cheeky. I could transfer the money to your account? Post it?

There is a honey farm here so bee pollen shouldn't be difficult to get. Where do you get bee pollen?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I buy it from a company in Florida, who sell packs of bee pollen powder, as I can't get powder in Canada and it's easier to mix up. So I'll send you some of the mixes and it won't cost you anything but maybe help with the postage, have no idea what that will be. I'm already on the hook to send liquid calcium to a young man in the USA because he's between jobs and I got suckered. Will ask him to pay the postage back when he finds a job. The postage can cost more than the product I'm sending. I do this alot, with people who have less than me but rescue anyway.

So PM me your address and I'll see when I can send it to you, not before Sept 12 when I can pay for the postage, though. I'm not sure how you'd send $ to me to Canada, that would be complicated, wouldn't it? you'd have to wire it like from the States.

I'll let you know when the package is on it's way. I'm not working right now, so tired, but getting answers this time on fatigue and weakness.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That's great you are getting answers!!!!

I would pay you straight away of course. Just let me know how much. I will research how to do that today.

I may even become an online dealer of this stuff as its insanely priced here.

I will contact OX and ask about becoming a dealer. Dealer is the wrong word LOL become a distributer.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh and in case you missed it; would I still give her calcium and vitamin powders while using that mix? I saw it has calcium so I guess not.

Thank you :)

She does eat but not as much as I'd like her too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom