Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I'm hoping so too, Gina, see the physio tomorrow to have it checked. I went to my gym today and did 10 minutes on the stationary bike, didn't want to overdo for the first day, but expect to get in there often.

TeddyLC

I... I am so insanely stoked that you have dragons named Castiel and Gabriel... that's amazing! They're so pretty! I LOVE how Leo's such a bright yellow interspersed with such a dark grey - it's an interesting contrast. Cas's colours are so smooth and pretty!

Good luck with your health! My father had cataract surgery last year, and one of my colleagues had cataract surgery in each eye... yikes! They're both doing great now, though. :) Best wishes for a speedy recovery on all fronts!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Teddy, you must be a Supernatural fan, like me.

Thanks for looking at the pictures, they are all amazing dragons, the 3 youngest love to black beard at each other, every day and when Cierra, my only girl is out, they go nuts! She was on my lap when Castiel was out & he tried to jump up to her with his mouth open, ready to latch on & do the deed. You wouldn't know it was winter slow down in my house. Only Leo is sleeping.

I went to the physio and the lump moves so he thinks it's a fat pad that accumulated. Said I caught it early, so shouldn't be an issue to break it down, good because I can't stand the discomfort when I just put my foot on the floor without the boot. So he did an ultrasound session, plus taped up the heel & I go back on Monday to get the tape replaced & the lump checked. Have to put hot/cold on it for 1/2 hr later tonight, then once or twice a day. So glad I went & hopefully it can be broken down to nothing before I have to walk in a shoe.

So my birthday is next week so my sis is taking me shoe shopping on Sunday am, then we're having a big party at a big bowling alley on Sunday afternoon, then spaghetti supper next door. My niece was 14 on Nov 17, so it's for both of us, it's going to be alot of fun. I'm wondering if I can do any bowling? Guess I'll see what I can do...

Nathaniel was out yesterday & when I had my back turned, he hid under the lazy boy, which is jammed partially up, so it's kind of hard to reach underneath it. So I had to lift it & using my yardstick, push Nathaniel to the side until I could put the chair down & grab him out by his head :shock: Well that was very interesting and he got a good talking to. So I tried it again today, kept him out on the ramp while I was out at the physio and did a bit of shopping and library. He was such a good boy, was waiting for me on the ramp when I got home. So I guess he listened to me yesterday while I was dragging him out of his hiding place :lol: They do drive me nuts sometimes :mrgreen:

Even though Cierra isn't going into her hide, she's hiding on top of her hide, underneath a small blanket instead. I thought she was done brumation. This was after she tried to jump on top of Castiel this am...so I'm letting her sleep, see what she does tomorrow.

Leo got up yesterday, had a bath, got fed and now is back to sleep. He'll get another bath tomorrow and if he poops, he can sleep for a week. I got the ok from my vet but to keep an eye that no fluid builds up. So far, so good, his tummy is nice and squishy.

So my dad went back to the surgeon that did his cataract surgery and he's going to need glasses to correct the dominant eye that's causing him to see double. He sees the surgeon again on Nov 30, and if he's still seeing double, he'll have to get the glasses, even though he doesn't want to. He can't golf or drive if he's seeing double, so I think he'll accept that he needs them. He's just not ready to accept it yet, he's too disappointed. Wish there was something else could be done for him.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thank goodness that the lump was only gathered fat. Did he recommend massaging the heel to loosen it up?

That naughty Nathaniel! They sure could quickly disappear into the tightest spaces with ease. I'm glad that he listened to you and stayed on the ramp. Sometimes they need a good talking to to remind them who's boss ;)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
They sure do & I was glad to see him on the ramp when I got home. So I just got a call from Tara and they're going to come to the get together on Sunday for my & my niece's birthday celebration. I'm so stoked! They're going to give me a lift home, too, afterwards, I get to sit in between my grandkids. Then she said I'll be invited to their place on Xmas eve afternoon for supper, too, this is turning out so well!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I'm just taking it day by day, don't call them at all unless I have something important to tell them. Leo is in the terrible two's, with the move, he's regressed a bit and wants to be in diapers like his baby sister. It's alot as he was trained. But being 2, it's also understandable, so I'm someone for Tara to talk to. And I understand as I remember Eric being 2, it wasn't a nice age...My heart just leaps for joy every time I get a call, though, have to say!

I have Cierra and Gabriel on me tonight, they've been on my shoulders since 4p. The younger two are impossible to nap with, they want to wander and play. Leo is sleeping so not disturbing him much. It's become a habit for these 2, I'll sure miss this when I go back to work!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I hope all my American friends have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!

I was able to take two pics on Sunday, Eric and Leo and Tara and Safara. The rest of my time was too busy having fun!
11887-8674444379.jpg
11887-6845883112.jpg

And a selfie of my top, necklace and earings that Dave, Annika & the boys gave me.
11887-8860568017.jpg

And a few funny pics I've taken over the last week:
Nathaniel liking my flashlight
11887-7216767221.jpg

And looking nice and yellow in his tank:
11887-1581299724.jpg

Showing off his black beard
11887-3807868594.jpg

Along with Castiel
11887-4746483816.jpg

And Gabriel :roll: :lol: This is the normal morning show
11887-8336675367.jpg
11887-1100322721.jpg

Cierra and Gabriel enjoying a lie down with Mom
11887-4854986114.jpg

Gabriel sexy legging this am
11887-2439235878.jpg

This is what happens when I turn my back when Nathaniel is in his bath, he jumped on top of Castiel, BRAT :lol:
11887-8991327933.jpg

Cierra's look when it's time for our afternoon nap
11887-2980743880.jpg

I'm starting to walk on my left leg now, my ankle is weak but no pain. I did 20 min at the gym today, 2 1/2 miles on the stationary bike, a machine to build upper body strength and stretches to get my butt back. My sis was kind enough to point out that mine was "missing". I told her that if she'd been lying down for 2 months, she'd have lost her muscle tone, too. So working on that! End of next week the boot comes off for good and I'm walking in shoes. With 1 or 2 crutches, have to get that leg back in shape but taking my time, don't want to rush it either.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Oh my, Gina, what a beautiful card. I feel so blessed. Having a hang around the house day today, just relaxing with the babies.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I think I forgot your birthday, Deb. I'm sorry. It's been a tough two weeks. I am taking my mother's mail in and I had to cancel her paper as her neighbor didn't want to come and get it. That will give her a few months refund. I will have to take that to the bank to get it cashed.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
No, you remembered on Facebook, Lori, but thanks again!

So I'm walking! Well sort of. I can walk to the bathroom and back but have to use a crutch to walk any further than that. Did a tour of the whole apartment using a crtuch this am (all 700 sq feet of it LOL) and did well, but was glad to get into the boot again for the support. Sleep without it now, too. Next week the boot is off for good but as I paid for it, I keep it, and have it as back up, just in case. Need to start going to the gym more often but I get really tired. Monday I'll start going again. Back at the chiro today because of the awkward gait in the boot, but feel better again.

So Nathaniel and Castiel snuggled with me today and we had a nap together. Considering that they would fight to the death when awake, they snuggle together when asleep, so cute :love5:

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I'm so glad to hear you're getting well! It must be such a relief not to have the boot on in bed.
Happy belated birthday, dear. Love the pictures of the kids and your babies. The one of the two of them snuggling with you was especially cute.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Esther, thanks for the well wishes and birthday wishes. I'm glad you're enjoying the pictures. I can't seem to help myself. :lol: I had Nathaniel and Castiel snuggling on me all afternoon today, just put them to bed 1/2 hr ago. It's too cold in my room to have them overnight, but it sure is nice to snuggle two at a time while I'm home. Tomorrow it's Gabriel's turn, he'll have me all to himself.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
My mother broke all 3 bones in her ankle, years ago, and she had one of those boots that she gave to me to use for my ankle. It was easy to walk in it but going up and down stairs was a serious challenge. I'm glad your ankle/foot surgery healing is doing that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom