New beardie - Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a Beardie today at the NY Reptile expo (though i didn't plan on it quiet so soon) and thought i'd introduce him (no name just yet but i have a few things in mind i'll wait a few and see if his personality makes me lean towards anything)

79822-564825940.jpg

got him from Dachiu at the show he is 5-6 weeks old and either a Red Hypo Translucent (possible leatherback) or a Red leatherback Translucent not totally sure at the moment but im sure time will tell

for some images on my enclosure / Viv and custom rock structure you can check out my sort of work log here viewtopic.php?f=34&t=213601

Edit: decided to call the little guy Nova (as in Nova Shenron as his color reminds me of a dragon ball)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like he's starting to reach full size and slow down. His behavior is normal based on what I've seen. Start offering more salads in his diet and see what he does with them. Keep offering the bugs maybe once per day for now but over the course of the next 6-8 months or so maybe start cutting back to every other day with the bugs and salad every day. I'd pick up some silk worms if you can get them. They are a nutritious feeder and good alternative to a main bug like crickets.

HitokiriBattousai

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yea im gonna be going the an expo on the 12th hopefully i can get some good feeders their and for his salads im trying different fruits and such with his collard greens (still the only green he will touch) to see what he likes best though he will eat a piece of strawberry every once in a while

hopefully i can find some prickly pears , also does anyone know if bearded dragons can eat dragon fruit? i may tr growing them in my garden and wanted to know if they are ok for them to have

HitokiriBattousai

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
today he ate 10 superworms (i picked some up with my crickets) i know that is a bit much (question 1 super worm = about how many crickets?) but he missed eating a few days back and he seemed to really enjoy them

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure what the meat ratio is but supers are a bit fatty. I wouldn't offer more than 10. I'd be more likely to go with just a few of them as a side dish so to speak.

HitokiriBattousai

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
seems like he is sick of the crickets as he will tend to just look at them however drop a superworm in front of him and it doesn't land more then a few seconds

i'll keep trying with the crickets as i have a fresh box of 1000 but probably end up getting him supers as well and will also try for some phoenix worms at the expo on the 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom