Broly the new super saiyan beardie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Kami,

Broly is growing & eating a lot now! :D I am sure that the yellow color on his beard is just pigmentation changes. He will go through a lot of those when he is young & growing.
Has he finished all of his shedding too? Too much hydration will most definitely give him a
runnier stool.

Tracie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Tracie! I knew it!

Cutting down on baths giving him a two day break till it stiffins up.

Yellow is waxy! But it's not coming off so maybe not ready.
Or as you said pigmentation. It's really pretty! I love the ring around his neck!

Also he has only finished his foot. Everything is still white just not his foot anymore. When he sheds his beard I bet the yellow will go. Sad to see the ring leave but oh well it will eventually go.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So, he ate and his poop stiffened but had water around it.

Breakfast: 13 roaches with vitamin.
Lunch: 15 crix
Dinner: mustard greens only (waiting for my p.worms to come in).

He still weighs 36 grams but whatever. He'll grow, well he's still in shed mode so yeah obviously, growing. I'm going to have to upload so far only Tracie and Deb are seeing his pictures. I'm lazy at uploading sorry!!

Hoping everyone is having a good Saturday.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I love that he is! I'll have a brumate beardie this year when it's cold again. So since he was estimated wrong he will be 1 either December or January for his first bday then introduce big supers unless he isn't 16" yet. Vash was 16" when he was about 10 months old. Will do a parasite check around October or November. He's gonna give me a last poop whether he wants to or not. Hes still white with shed what gives? I thought he would shed been like this for 3 weeks! Humidity is 35% so it's not too low it's within range.
When I get him to one year Im gonna look back at all this and laugh why I was so worried LOL.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He still might be too little to brumate, Kami, you'll just have to see. Gabriel was 4 before he brumated and then it only lasted 2 weeks. Every dragon is different, I'm going to see what Nathaniel and Cierra do, they'll be 2 in December. Every winter is different. Before Puff moved in with me, she brumated every winter. The last 2 winters she's been laying eggs instead. So I'm hoping after the surgery to spay her, she'll be back to brumating next winter. We'll see. Leo brumated a couple of months last year, before that he'd sleep for a day or two, then be up for a week, then sleep for a week, then be up for a day or two, all winter. I called that Popcorn brumating :lol: Only time will tell for all our babies.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Ok well I'll rethink that then I'll see when it's cold.

Vash brumated at 1 year. I would like if he brumates at 2 years. Another year to hang with him. He's eating greens at his young age Im really proud. Monday my worms come and Im gonna go mustard green shopping too. They gone bad and this was the only good part of them left. So I sprayed calcium on them. I hope everyone's weekend was good, mine was ok, same old, different day.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
As Tracie has said sheds take a while. I got a good bit of that yellow on his chin off. Still some left but it's not all the way up to the tip anymore. More stray scales are off. He's got more Beardie freckles on the tail. I just never experienced those before, Vash never had any. So this is neat and they're cute. He ate p.worms (they arrived around 9:30am today) to be exact he ate 90! Good thing I got 2 cans of 500.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Broly is such a handsome little dragon. You are doing a good job with him. Just relax Kami and enjoy him. All dragons, like people, are different and grow at different rates. You are right though, you will sit back and laugh at all the worry you put into him right now. We had snow 4-5 days ago and since then its been cold and gloomy with rain here and there with some hail. Mine cant go outside right now, to cold but they did enjoy being outside during the warm days.
Posted some new pictures of mine. Emilio is really changing, he is coming into his colors of mint green, orange and lime green with some brown. He is so pretty now.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
My boy can't go out either..sunny but only 60s outside.

Actually today windy though but still cold.

He ate a good meal of 50 crix with calcium.
Pooped on a paper towel so finally he's keeping his
carpet kinda cleaner than before. He's still in shedding
process he's white all over except that foot. Poor boy looks like a ghost but active LOL. I'm totally relaxed now that Im at peace with Alucard's death. Notice I hadn't been freaking too much. Just watching my ghost dragon run around and eat.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
As of yesterday, Broly hit the 40 grams mark.

Aldo yesterday, my eel Diablo passed away so I didn't
sign on. It was painful. Apparently, he was a she and became egg bound. I know fish nut I don't know how to help her.

Broly is doing fantastic! He finally shed two legs. Pretty silly when two legs look thicker than the others. He still eats...alot like today was 50 p.worms for breakfast.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you, Auntie!

He's so handsome boy. I ordered 2 dwarf gouramis for the tank my eel was in and did a partial water change to keep the tank cycled I add fish food everyday. They'll be in next week at our local fish store. I thought about moving my betta or my two scissortails but I'd move them back because Idk if they eat other small fish. I assume because they're gouramis they will.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Ok, so I decided to go get some dry food because he has goopy poop (not runny but not formed either) all I got is wet foods. I can see why it's not exactly formed then. So
after giving this dry food a while should dry up his poop a bit to form into logs again. Happens with my cat too. He likes canned food then his BM isn't very good either.

I broke my big toe soo..not gonna get into details but yeah.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom