My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Well, Bill was able to give Squirt a little bit of applesauce. She didn't want very much, probably because she was too full because of not pooping. He called me at work and told me she'd pooped a baby carrot. I was confused because we haven't bought baby carrots for quite a while, Bill's teeth can't handle them anymore. Then he said "unless it's her urate. I figured it was as the last time she pooped she had two white urates in addition to her poop. We will give her applesauce for awhile. I'm wondering if the carrot colored urate (assuming that's what it was) means she's dehydrated? We try to get her to drink water, which she will from time to time, except Saturday and Sunday as she was too full.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
We haven't had any problems lately with Squirt not pooping, but then she spent most of the days since the above post not eating and a lot of glass dancing in her tank, wanting to go outside, even though we told her it was too cold. Last weekend Rosie (I guess) decided she did't like not being able to go outside as it was too cold and she slept all day Monday through Friday, she didn't wake up until Saturday, and she woke up Sunday, but she slept all day today, we will see about tomorrow then. Well, Squirt was digging a lot outside yesterday and the previous days when Bill took her outside. He's worrying about her loosing her grip, that's why we don't cut their nails as the ground does it for us. We had them in our bed while we napped and then left them there when we went to Church last night. When we got home after the evening service I picked up the t-shirt that was covering them and saw eggs on the bed where their tails were. I am sure it was Squirt that laid the eggs because she was the only one that has been headbobbing and digging in the ground outside.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
She's exhausted. i thought she was ready to get up this morning so I picked her up, snuggled her for awhile then when I put her back into her tank for basking, she stayed for awhile and then went into her box where we put her to sleep. She has been expending a lot of energy and eating almost nothing but today she ate 3 supers, 1 green and then when Bill took her outside she ate a lot of this one certain weed that we keep out there and we DO NOT spray it with weed killer because all of our girls seem to like it. Rosie will refuse greens then go outside and eat this one green, none of the other weeds but this one they all like. I think Squirt will be tired for awhile. Bill is worried about her but I figured she had eggs and that's why she wasn't hungry for probably 2 weeks at least. i gave her calcium this morning, well I think I got it inside her because after I did she licked her lips but I wasn't sure I got it past her teeth as she's stubborn with the liquid calcium.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I don't think so because she's still very tired. From what Bill told me, she went outside yesterday but she didn't dig. She was expending soo much energy and basically not eating for weeks that, I hope anyway, she's done. We will see. She did eat a bit yesterday.

BTW Gina, we liked that picture you chose.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hope her interest in food again means that she's done.

Both Digi and MoMo wouldn't even look at food if they still have eggies, but then again, both of them lay all of the eggs at one time.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
We were a bit concerned with how little Lil Squirt ate on Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday she ate 8 supers and some greens. That's better. I figure she was still exhausted and trying to sleep up from all of the energy she expended the weeks before she was ready to lay eggs. She's now sleeping on my shoulder, where she much prefers to sleep on us which we allow, except at night.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Guess what! Lil Squirt headbobbed today while I was at work. I told Bill that, I'm assuming, she's starting making eggs again. The last time she was headbobbing for a couple of months before the egg laying in our bed.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
With eggs, you never know. Puff is so different than Squirt and Gina's girls, she takes a couple of weeks laying a few eggs every day and sometimes will eat while laying. I'm still working on her gaining the weight she lost Feb/March and there have been 3 eggs with her poop in the last few days. I'm hoping they're from the last clutch, but hard to say. She's still eating & I'm going to weigh her this weekend.

Make sure Squirt gets liquid calcium daily for at least 3 weeks, to help make up for the calcium lost with the egg shells. That's really important. And hopefully she's done with eggs for now. Hard to say with our girls. They're full of surprises. I'm glad she's eating her supers, that will give her more weight.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Yes, so am I. I couldn't give her calcium yesterday or today as I had to leave the house before they got up. By the time I got home they were both asleep and it's too late by then. I should have no problem this next week as hours go back to normal.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor Squirt with having those eggs. Good that she's eating some. How many has she laid lately? It sure can make them lose wt quickly. No sign of eggs with Angie or Laura (knock on wood). Hope Squirt doesn't produce anymore. They are all so different.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
no more eggs after the ones we found one week ago. She did headbob a few days ago for a little while then that was it. We will see if she does it again in the future. I hope she doesn't have any more eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom