Signature size

This forum will contain information regarding website policies and rules. It is your responsibility to stay up to date on these policies. If you happen to violate those stated here, "I didn't know" will not be an acceptable excuse.

Signature size

Postby beardie » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:16 am

The maximum allowed size for a signature is 600 pixels x 120 pixels.

This limit INCLUDES any text and/or images. A single line of text is approximately 20px. So, if you have one line of text and want to include an image, your image can be no higher than 100 pixels, such that the total (20 + 100) is 120 pixels OR LESS.

Now, these are the maximums. Personally, I like to see them a little smaller, but I am giving some allowances for this. Bigger images in sigs don't necessarily look better. For example, the MAIN banner of the website is only 100 pixels high (but, of course, much wider than 600 pixels).

Anyone who is seen to be outside of this limit will be subject to a request to fix the problem. Any lack of response will result in your signature being removed altogether.

[Added 1/8/2007] If you need your signature image resized, I've provided a tool that will do this for you (at a few size options) while always producing an image within acceptable limits for the site. Here is the new tool:

http://www.beardeddragon.org/imageResizer/

Thank you for your cooperation.
Last edited by beardie on Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beardie
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby beardie » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:02 pm

For those not sure if their signature image is small enough, or do not know how to resize your image, I've created a simple tool to do this for you.

It's not pretty, but it works. Here's the new Image Resizer tool:

http://www.beardeddragon.org/imageResizer/
Not a vet, just a concerned keeper
beardie
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Site Policies