Thank you diamc and vickson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you diamc and vickson. My beardie is so much better! She ate 2 dozen crickets, all her greens and veggies, even ate 2 pinkies today!! She is up running around and her color is normal. If I hadn;t known how she acted a few days ago I would not believe this was the same lizard. We are still going to the vet Tuesday just to have her checked out. Thank you for all the time and advice!!! :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, what a change in 2 days, that's unbelievable. It's a good thing that you turned the lights on when you did a few days ago because she had some serious issues going on, the biggest being dehydration.

Since she hadn't eaten in over 2 months though, I would go very easy on the protein because too much can overtax her system which can cause kidney and/or liver damage. I suggest you stay away from the pinkies because they are very high in fat, protein and hard to digest. I never feed those and I know that Vickson doesn't either, so her having 2 in one day is a real concern. I would only consider feeding one if I had a gravid female. Until she digests and has a big poop, I would only give 1 to 2 crickets a day and to keep her VERY well hydrated. You would be better off pushing the greens and even a little fruit.

Taking her to be checked out on Tues is a good idea. Please let us know how you make out. I'm glad she has improved SO much. :p

luvsmybeardies

Original Poster
You guys were alot of help and I really appericate the time you 2 spent with me discussing this. I will keep you updated on her. I hesitated on the pinkies but her "body language" showed she wanted something more. She runs up and down her log when she wants meat. She has done that for about 6 years now.Some people say they don't show things like that or emotions but I think they do. Anyway, I will let you know Tuesday

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Wow thats terrific and thank you so much for the lovely thread it was very nice of you.I cant believe I didnt see it until know.I have been sort of MIA the last few days because of some home issues so I havent been on as much but Diane was nice enough to let me know.Let us know what happens after the vet I am so very happy we could help. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom