HELP PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon6947

Noticed this morning he was sleeping on the bottom of his tank which is odd for him but didn't think much of it.. Just a while ago now I found him laying down twisted in quite a strange position. I tried to get him to move but he seems to be having trouble moving his back legs and isn't trying to move at all except his head. He is breathing quite heavily. Also found a couple piles of poo around the tank that are larger than usual. Called the local pet store and they said sound like it could be a calcium deficiency and/or that he is dehydrated and suggested putting him in some water. I have gotten bad information from them before so wanted to check here. Please lemme know what you know!

pamz

see my response to your post on the general health board in re to soaking him. post more info about your setup, lights ,substtate temps, his diet, so that the really great people on this site will be better able to help you

i wish i knew more to tell you

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What type & brand of UVB light are you using, a flourescent tube bulb, or a compact or coil light?
What type of basking light are you using, a bright white light or a colored light?
What type of thermometer are you using, a stick on type of thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun?
Do you supplement with calcium, & if so how often?
What size of feeders are you feeding? If you are feeding crickets, they should be no larger than the space between the eyes to avoid impaction.
How do his eyes look, are they sunken in? Or are they bright & elevated? Is his beard darkened?
Can you post a picture of him?
If you want to bathe him, that is fine. Put him in shallow water & watch him carefully as they can drown easily if they are small.
Has he eaten anything recently?
What type of substrate are you using? Sand, tiles, paper towels, carpet?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom