PLEASE HELP....BEARDED DRAGON MAY DIE IF NO HELP......

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brothers bearded is the same age as her brother and she is smaller than half his size. they are about 7 to 8 months old and she is half the size she has stopped eating and just lays around right now doing nothing. her legs have been twitching and it appears she is throwing up...PLEASE HELP NOW!!!

disasterfollows

Original Poster
My bearded dragon is about 8-9 months old and she has stopped eating completely, about around 8:30 New England Standard Time her body was convulsing and twitching. I have soaked her in a bath and she is not getting any better, she is in twenty gallon tank with her brother who is about three times as big as her, she is very very small and you can see her bones. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok first the reasons to seperate them is that beardies are in a sense solitary and they tend to do damage to eachother if housed together,especially if one is ill.The other reason is that you have no idea what is wrong with her and dont want to transfer that to him if its communicable.Now onto Bonnie there are some questions I want to ask:
What type of UVB are you using?
Coil,compact,or linear?
What are the temps in the tank?
How are you measuring them?
What type of vitamins are you offering?
How often?
When was her last poop?
When was her last bath?
What and how much is she eating?
Also is there any obvious signs of injury on her?Bite marks,cuts,etc?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Could you tell us a little more about your setup please? What type & brand of UVB light are you using, is it a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light? What type of basking light are you using, a bright white light or a colored light?
What are the temps in the tank, & what do you use to measure them with, a stick on thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun?
Are you supplementing calcium?
Why do you have her housed with her brother though, they can inbreed? Please separate them as soon as you can. A 20 gallon is entirely too small even for 1 adult dragon, let alone 2 adult dragons. You need at least a 75 gallon for 1 adult.
If he is 3 times as large as she is, he has dominated her to the point of illness & her symptoms are classic metabolic bone disease.
What do you feed them?

Tracie

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hello disasterfollows
where you at?
please answer tracies questions so she can determine what may be the cause more accurately?
hope you managed to seperate them, dragons are solitary and territorial animals and should be housed alone unless purely for breeding.
hope your little girl is ok?

Pleaides

Juvie Member
oh ok theres another topic on the same thing i just replied to, lol
maybe could you merge them together?
hmm any updates disasterfollows?
did you manage to seperate them? how is she?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok ther were two topics here so I merged them to avoid confusion.How is your beardie today?Can you answer the questions so we can help you out hopefully?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks Vicky, I was going to merge them but saw that you did that already. :D

Tracie

disasterfollows

Original Poster
Hello, sorry everyone that i couldnt get back to any of you, but she passed away earlier yesterday morning, and i am extremely sorry that i dont know what kind of light i was using, but i feed them crickets along with calcium and meal worms.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Oh gee I am sorry to hear that.In your last post you said them,do you have more then one beardie?If you do we can still go over your set up to make sure the other/s are ok.

disasterfollows

Original Poster
Thank you everyone, um and yes that would be helpful to talk about the enclosure, um right now though the bearded dragon i have left is Clyde, he "was" Bonnie's brother until she passed but right now he is about 7-9 months but he is in good health, he was basically the opposite of Bonnie in health, while she stopped growing, he grew so I just thought she wasn't getting enough food but the enclosure is a twenty gallon tank with an ESU 100 WATT UV light the has like an orange sand in the tank, there is plenty of water and food for him. I dont know if that is an ok description but there is a heat pad with a couple of fake plants and wooden sticks to climb on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom