SWOLLEN THROAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPDRGRL7

I HAVE A BEARDIE ABOUT TWO YEARS OLD AND THE OTHER NIGHT HIS THROAT WAS SWOLLEN AND SOMEWHAT HARD. HE HAS ALL HIS LIGHTS ,CALCIUM AND VITAMINS. MY ROOM IS VERY WARM. THE VERY NEXT DAY IT WAS GONE. HE IS NOT EAYING GREENS AND SOMEWHAT LETHARGIC. I AM VERY WORRIED. I HAVE THREE BEARDIES AND NONE OF THEM HAVE EVER BEEN SICK. I KNOW IT IS WINTER TIME AND THEY TEND TO BE LESS ACTIVE, BUT HIS EYES LOOK TIRED

LittleRob

Hatchling Member
Reptaid worked for me. Might wanna give it a try. Did wonders for me and others but do read everyones concerns and questions and see if its right for you. Hope your beardie feels better.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We do need more information from you to determine what could be going on. What did you feed that could have caused the throat to become swollen?
What are the temps in the tank, & what do you use to measure them, a stick on thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun?
What type & brand of UVB light do you use, a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light? What type of basking light are you using?
Is he housed alone?
This is the time of the year for brumation but everything should be evaluated first before assuming he is brumating. Has he gone to the bathroom lately?
How do his eyes look, are they sunken in or bright? What about his fatpads, are they raised as well?

Tracie

SPDRGRL7

Original Poster
I FEED MY DRAGONS GREENS CURLY MUSTARD, KALE, COLLARD GREENS, CRICKETS AND MEALWORMS. I GET MY GREENS FROM THE GROCERY STORE. IGET THEM FROM THE SAME STORE EVERYTIME AND I BREED MY OWN MEALWORMS.THE TEMP IN THE TANK IS ABOUT 95. I USE ASTICK ON THERMOMETER. I USE SUNGLOW 2IN1 BULB AND A CERAMIC HEAT BULB. HE IS HOUSED ALONE IN ABOUT A 60 GALLON TANK. HE HAS BEEN USING THE BATHROOM LIKE NORMAL. STOOL LOOKS NORMAL. I FED HIM THIS MORNING AND HE ATE ALL OF HIS GREENS.HIS EYESARE OK, HE LOOKS KINDA TIRED. I AM NOT TOO CLEAR ON WHAT HIS FAT PADS ARE.

MICHELLE

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Michelle,
The fatpads on the head are located on top of his head. If they are sunken in his head will appear dented in if he is dehydrated or too thin.
How is he doing today, any improvements?
The stick on thermometer is not accurate to measure the basking temps, only the ambient temps & the temperature of the glass. The better way to measure the basking temps is by using either a digital probe or a temp gun.
The Sun Glo is a basking light & is fine to use for the basking light however, you are not using a UVB light, are you? If not, that will pose a problem for his health. Do you use UVB for any of your dragons?

Please keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom