Anole Liz in Christmas Tree HELP me Save it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomommi

Hey Guys,
We have tons of the beautiful little anole lizards here in south Louisiana. I was taking down the Christmas tree today, a little late!! Anyway,
I found a little anole lizard in the tree. She is emaciated and a very dark color. It is moving very slowly and is on her death bed. I put her in my dragons travel 10 gallon aquarium and put a silk worm and a mini mealworm next to her and she is not moving.
Do you have any ideas? I don't think she will make it through the night if I don't do anything.

zoomommi

Original Poster
OK,
It has been a couple of hours since we took the anole and put her in the tank. I put a water dish and a mini mealworm and a silkie. She isn't eating anything nor drinking. She is just sitting there. Should I try to force feed her with some mashed worms or something else? I know this is ridicules, but I love these little lizards. She is greening up a little. She needs nourishment. Maybe I should just let her go. I know if I get some food in her I could let her go.
Come on You guys, give me your view!!! :oops:

Hi, sorry to hear, i dont know a lot about anoles but try giving it a bath in warm water and let it soak, it might just be dehydrated and it may just need some time to recouperate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom