Sick Dragon...Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I need some help with my little lady, latley she has not been eating anything and she has lost a lot of weight, you can start to see her bones on the top of her head and at the base of her tail. I have never seen this in any of my dragons before, she is also a very dark colour. She is 3 and a half years old. She is on Exo Terra sand, using a Repti-glo 10.0 and Exo Terra Sun Glo Basking Spot Lamp, Temp is steady and at the correct level -This is the same type of equipment that i have been using for all her life and with all my other dragons, just before she was ill she was eating 35-50 locusts a week with a good supply of greens and water. I'm unsure as to what it could be, she will be going to the vets this weekend. It would be of great help if i could have some help on this matter, has anybody had this happen before.
Thank you so much for your time....Please help i love my girl!!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, sorry your beardie doesn't seem to be doing well. You mentioned that you're using a Repti-Glo bulb, is it a coil/compact or strip fluorescent bulb? How close is it to her and how old is the bulb? What type of thermometer are you using? How long has she not been eating? Are you keeping her well hydrated? Have you had a fecal check done recently?

Dragonnathan

Original Poster
Hi there, it's a strip fluorescent light about 9 inches away the light is about 5 months old. I use a digital thermometer and temp gun. She stopped eating about a week and a half ago. She has still been drinking every now and then. I will be having a fecal check when she goes to the vets if she does one for me by then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom