bearded dragon not pooping

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent mulder

she hasnt pooped in about a week and i gave her a bath yesterday to try to get her to go but she didnt, shes still moves around and everything fine, should i stop feeding her until she goes or talk to a vet, how much would a vet cost for a blockage, i dont think i have the money for a vet

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What food have you been feeding her? Are the crickets appropriately sized for her?
What type of substrate are you using, sand, tiles, carpet?
If you feel she is impacted, you can begin giving soft foods such as squash babyfood, & some sugar free canned pumpkin along with a couple of drops of olive or mineral oil. Give a warm bath daily, & massage her belly starting at the armpit all the way down to the vent. Be gentle when massaging & feel for lumps.
How old is she?
Well, you would have to pay an office visit & most likely for an x-ray to look to determine if there is an impaction. Most office visits run anywhere from $35 to $60 depending on the area. Most x-rays run you around $50 or so per x-ray unless it is increased resonance imaging then they charge a bit more.

Tracie

agent mulder

Original Poster
the crickets are the right size, shes been eating the same size for over a year no problem, she has tile as substrate, and ive given her a bath two days in a row with massaging and im just afraid to feed her anything if shes not gonna go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom