Update tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so the tip of his tail is black but his tail is like a pale color compaired to the rest of this body could this be because hes going to shed or somthing worse

beertney06

Original Poster
No, its just pale looking to the rest off his body I almost think hes getting ready to shed because thats were it always starts

dreshany

Hatchling Member
Sometimes if they retain shed on their tail it can damage the tip. Don't try and pull any shed off though because this can cause injuries. I would give your beardie a bath once or twice a day and soak the tail.

beertney06

Original Poster
2j4w0aa.jpg

Still The same today not worse not any better could this be because hes gettin ready to shed...eats fine active white belly

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It looks or appears to be a normal tail that is getting ready to shed. It will usually turn darker before turning white & then shedding off.
I am merging your two topics, ok? :D

Tracie

beertney06

Original Poster
well here are some more

like i said i think hes fine...but lol hes kinda of a big deal to me i really didnt think id get this attched

2cqlbnt.jpg

beertney06

Original Poster
well here are some more

like i said i think hes fine...but lol hes kinda of a big deal to me i really didnt think id get this attched

2cqlbnt.jpg

2004ayh.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
The first pic you posted looks like the tail is getting white like they usually do right before a shed. I didn't notice that until after my first post on this thread. I understand why you are concerned. These guys are so easy to get attached to. Be warned tho: they are like lays potato chips, no one can have just one. We have 2 and I wouldn't mind having more except for the additional cost.

beertney06

Original Poster
I think its just gettin close for him to shed hes about 3 months they say they grow and shed faster at this age...i just dont want to jump the gun and take him to the vet for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom