Something is wrong with my Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alleycat31

Hi there,
I need help please. I don't know what is wrong with my beardie. First her left eye was not opening for the last 2 days and then starting this morning she won't open her right eye either and she is not moving around as much as usual. Does anyone know what could be wrong with her?

First thing that springs to mind is..
What UV light are you using?
Be specific, is it flourescent tube, coil or compact? What brand is it?
Important

Thanks
Liz

Trogdor_1

Juvie Member
Chances are your UV light is what's causing the eye problem. Fluker's is not a good brand. I strongly suggest getting a ReptiSun 10.0 tube light. Not a coil or compact. For now, turn off your UV light.

Alleycat31

Original Poster
Thank you for your reply. How will I be able to have the heat lamps on the top of the cage if I have one of the tube lights up there? I don't think there is enough room.

Tubes are really easy to fit anywhere, even on the side of your tank!
How big is your viv?
Tubes are really the ONLY way to go, more specifically, ReptiSun tubes are.
Your beardies refusal to open his eyes is a way of showing you that he is suffering.
It could be an over exposure to dangerous UVC rays which are really harmful to bearded dragons, and bad bulbs emmit too much of this type of light. You need the reptisun because it emmits UVB and UVA which dragons need.
In bad cases the dragons can die from this. At later stages the eyes become black and swollen, the next step is usually death.
Get that light sorted while you still can, your beardie will be better in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom