twitching, moving slower, and eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakes88

My name is Eric Oakes, Im 21, in a few weeks. I own to dragons, 1 male, 1 female. The male name is LaDra and the female is Panelapee
I'm some what new to bearded dragons, i guess, I owned my for a coupe months. Let me start from where this has started
I have a home made tank, its about 5 foot long and 4 foot high and about 4 foot wide, so, they have a big enough place to rome. (they do live together, and they seem to get along well) they faught for awhile but after the fig out who's the boss (Female) they settle down and sleep together.
After having them at my house for a week they got in a fight and the mall broke or sprained her front leg/ or paw, so I split them up untill the got older when their stronger and their bones will hold together better. (Keeping this that ib mind the broken or sprained front right leg/or paw for the prob)
I broke my UVB light, the light the replace the sun, broke and I forgot to go out and get a new one, and its been about 3-4 weeks now, I have one in the mail and ill get it thur which is 6 days away. but ne ways, the female (Panelapee) toe's are twitching non stop, and some time her front right leg,
From what I read if its true, its (MBD) or Brittle bone disease, and that once they get it, it will never heal, I guess Im just wondering how she will be? Well She live, (I shore hope so) and if so will she be ok, No suffering, would she be all happy, (she also a little jumpy too, why is that?
Will the twitching ever go away?
Is this commen?
she is moving slower and looks like she not moving as well, trying not to use her back leg as much, but when its fedding time she runs after thos crickets like nothing is wrong?
Looks like their bags under her eyes, but Im not to sure, is that a problem?
Not having that UVB light for a month how bad is that

Just a reminder, Ladra and panelapee lives together in the same cage, and it only happen to her, could that have to do with her leg/ or paw when she was youner???

sorry for all these question, plzzz help me out, im kidna freaken out!!!

Email is [email protected]

ashleym

Hatchling Member
To get a better idea of what is going on could you please answer these questions.
Thanks!

How old is your dragon? -
How long have you had your dragon? -
How long is your dragon? -
What is the sex of your dragon? -
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? -
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? -
Do you use UVB lights? -
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? -
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?-
How old is your UVB bulb? -
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? -
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? -
What are the basking temps? -
What is the cool side temp?
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? -
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? -
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? -
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. -
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? -
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? -
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? -
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? -
Do you bath your dragon? How often? -
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? -
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? -

oakes88

Original Poster
not to sure, 2-3 months
about 2 months maybe a little longer
11 inchh for both with tail about 6-7 inch body whys
1 male 1 female
4 foot long 21/4 wide and height
the carpent I use is just what u would have in a bathroom
I did use UVB light but it broke been without it about a month (I have one in the mail) but its 5.0 UVB rep 18 inch
fluorescent tube

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So how old are your dragons? They are younger than 1 year based on their size so, they need calcium supplementation & UVB lighting consistently.
Also, I hate to tell you but you will have to separate them unless you want a continual & stressful living environment for the male or female. They could breed too young which can injure the male's hemepenes, permanently & possibly cause a prolapse which is NOT a desirable thing for him or for you. The female is vulnerable to getting health problems if she becomes gravid too young which will leach her calcium stores from her bones when that should be going towards growth for her instead of developing follicles.
They can recover from Metabolic bone disease, but, once they do succumb to this disease, they are somewhat prone to having problems with calcium absorption from time to time.
The Reptisun 5 flourescent tube light is ok, but it really is not strong enough for a reptile with metabolic bone disease. Really, the Reptisun 10 flourescent tube light or a mercury vapor lamp such as the Megaray would be much better.
She could be having trouble like that just simply due to the injury, yes, it is possible. However, at their ages, they are growing rapidly which means they have a very high calcium requirement. She cannot absorb calcium properly without UVB exposure, it is that simple. When did you say that you were expecting the UVB light in?
What type of basking light are you using? What are the temps in the tank & how do you measure the temps, with a stick on thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom