help little black mites!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snuffel

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
we disinfected everything and got rid of the wood and bought a new log, we thoroughly washed the stones and now they are happy with their new layyout. we didn't find an eggs or any more of those mites anywhere, i think it was something to do with a very poor batch of crickets i bought as there were a few in with them along with several other strange things. so i threw them away.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Helly Byron,

GREAT that you got the tank all cleaned out & disinfected. Sorry you had to throw out a few things, but that is just how it goes. It is better than continuing to have problems with those mites. They can hide in absolutely anything you can imagine. I am sure that it took you several hours to clean the tanks all out.
Yes, that is also possible that a shipment of feeders could have harbored some mites.

Tracie

twyliteskyz

Hatchling Member
sorry to hear this. my friend had a boa that had little black mites that stuck around near his eyes, as soon as the owner seen it he gave it a bath and they seemed to fall off,but he had to bathe the snake often to get them all out . he sumerged the snake i dunno if you can do this with a BD though

snuffel

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i took me and my dad about 1 1/2 to clean the lizards tank out. but now they have a nice new big log in there. and duma has found a nice new hiddie hole in there, cute. hermosa is herself eating properly like a ganet but she is healthy. apparently this weekend my dad and my sister fed the lizards and there was a locust in the middle of the log the lizrads both ran towards it, the locust jumped and they ran into each other. lol, hermosa also jumped for one got it and landed on duma who was pantiently waiting below for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom