Help, Is This Tail Rot?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,

I just noticed, about the last cm. of Evalyn's tail is brittle and a brownish-black colour. It looks like its been cut off from circulation or something.... is this tail rot in an early stage, or what?

Is it safe to cut it off if it's at the very tip? I know, stupid question, pretty sure everyone's going to say no.... but I'm desperate and my family doesn't have money for a vet trip.

She was housed with other beardies in the pet store, so is it possible that this had been a nipped, dead part of her tail that just didn't fall off?

Please, I need advise. I'm not going to try anything until I get a good opinion. Maybe I'm just overreacting to a discoloration on the tip of her tail. It does look slightly boney though, with a slight dip between her healthy tail and her black part. She can feel the part in question, I pinched it gently and she moved, so I know it's not a dead nerve ending or whatever....

I'll post pictures soon. My camera has to charge.

Any advice would be extremely helpful,

-- Jacqui

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
Hi...Especially since she can feel it DO NOT try to cut if off. Watch it carefully . Measure the black part and compare to see if it gets bigger. If it does, you will need to get to the vet's. It may just drop off by itself. Give her 20 minute soaks daily for a while.
Let us know how she is doing.
Good luck
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom