Tail rot??????? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my Beardie's tail(tip) has gone a dark colour and its feels very dry compared to the rest of his tail. Does anyone have an idea what this is? He's very healthy apart from this and his temps etc are fine i also noticed a small bump near the the tip of the tail too.....Please help.

beardieman08

Original Poster
I'm afraid not my digital camera is not working.... i'd say it about the last inch of his tail that feels quite brittle...

Pleaides

Juvie Member
could he have damaged it in any way? got it caught on anything?
have you tried giving him a lukewarm bath and see how it looks then?
without a pic i couldnt really say.
someone with more experience will be along shortly to help you out im sure of it.
:)

beardieman08

Original Poster
He's not trapped it anywhere has i'm aware and i try not to leavee locust in his viv for too long.... He has a bath every other day so i don't believe its soiled in anyway...It doesn't seem to bother him in anyway. He eating plenty of live and greens too.....

How old is your beardie and where are you from?

Pleaides

Juvie Member
who me?
my beardies are Mischief, 1 year and Venus, 2 years.
im from england.
:D

ok so about the last inch is dark, that can also be a sign of stress similar to stress marks, when mischief has a slight black beard and stress lines he also will have a dark end on his tail, so its brittle? in what way exactly? hows it look, colouring wise, texture? what do you mean a bit of a bump near the end?
i cant be of much help as i dont think ive actually seen tail rot.

beardieman08

Original Poster
The bump i was telling you about has gone now i'm going to give him a long bath tonight and if its no better soon i'm going to take him to see a vet...I'm from stockport just outside of Manchester where abouts are you? Have you got pics of your Beardie's?

I'm Kevin by the way

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hi kevin, im anny
im from harlow in essex
heres my pretty ones then

mischief
mischief22dec086.jpg

venus
venus22dec08.jpg

so with your lil one, what substrate is he on? im wondering if its loose substrate id remove it in case it is tail rot, i personally always recommend textured tile, if not then just use paper towels for now.
could you possibly get a pic on your phone and post it here?

heres a couple of posts that show tail rot, does it look like any of the pics in these?
[ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=66416 f=1 ]
heres a health page, half way down it describes tail rot a lot better, maybe you can relate and maybe it will help you out better?
http://www.ukbeardeddragons.co.uk/health.htm
keep us posted.

beardieman08

Original Poster
No Anny Charlie's aint that bad but my friend is coming around 2moro with his camera to take some pics so i can post them on here.... I did have sand but i'm now using textured tiles instead....Your Dragon's are perfect the male one look very dominant lol Thanks for your help its good to have somebody else from the U.K to chat to on here......

Pleaides

Juvie Member
thanking you, there not perfect though, trust me, my boys been treated for coccidia and sulks a lot in the corner and is on a minor hunger strike, and is missing some toes, oh and has a slight kink in his tail half way down, oh and he does like to think he is boss, even with me! my girl, venus is missing half her tail, which you cant see in the pic, lol, got both of them that way.

im glad to hear your using tiles, so much more hygenic, easy to clean and no risk of impaction.
theres many more of us from the uk on here also.
oh im glad you can get some pics. look forward to seeing lil charlie.

beardieman08

Original Poster
i have other pics on here somewhere but you can't really see his tail...do you have facebook? or msn? its quicker to chat on there?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom