Baby beardie not eating please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Jsm~
Well im glad that he is finally eatting something! :blob8: :blob5: So the repta aid is helping with his eatting then?

I am sorry I knew I should have mentioned it! Don't give him too much of the chicken or turkey babyfood, It should be givin in small amounts mixed with a veggie or applesauce. It is high in protine and can cause them to be a little stoped up. It is nothing too serious though just give him a little apple sauce and some other veggies for a few days with out any chicken etc. it should return to normal as long as he didnt get any of the bark in him or something. I would wait on the olive oil untill he is not pooping, if you give him olive oil with apple sauce it could make his stool runny. poor guy we dont want to keep upsetting his digestive tract. I'm glade you switched out the bark for carpet.

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Also I am wondering, are you offering salads and crickets again? Now that he is eatting something you should try and leave some minince fruit and veggies in there for him at all times. walk him over to the dish so he knows it is there and if you hold a piece of fruit by his nose he might be inclined to eat. Try lil bits of strawberries, dont give him too much fruit though it raises the blood sugar, but it may get him eatting if you put lil bits in a salad & veggies. Also, you dont want to leave crickets running around in his viv they are carniverious and will chew on him if left in there for too long. I use to acctually take Judah out and put him into a small but tall box to eat his crickets. It was much easier for him to catch them this way so he would eat more of them, and then I didn't have to go chasing down any dang crickets. He sorta would get board of trying to chase them down in the viv and he would soon give up, then Id have crickets running everywhere.

jsm5010

Original Poster
I have tried to offer him crickets again but still nothing I even tried to trick him but he was to smart for that I tried to drop a cricket in his mouth while I was feeding him with a syringe. Today I started mixing the dragon dust in with the baby food. How many times a day should I be feeding him and how much would you feed him I get about 1.0cc at a time. I leave fresh veggies in the tank all the time still nothing I tried moving him to that side of the tank put him in his water he jumped out and just layed in his veggies for a while. I ordered that acidophiliz+It should be here in a couple of days. What dose it mean when your feeding him and he moves his whole body like a snake its almost like hes slithering?

jsm5010

Original Poster
when im feeding him i switch off from squash,applesause,carrots and chicken. I have been feeding him twice a day one thing in the morning and something diffrent in the evening.

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Oh good Im glade your getting the acidophiliz as well, it sounds like you are off to a really good start! Well Judah use to grab the syringe and shake it, like he was tring to get the good out of it. Is this sorta what he is doing or dose it look like he is not liking it? I would asume that he would pul away from it when you are doing this if he didn't like it, but other wise it is prolly ok, he is prolly just enjoying some food :D ! Cool about switching it up, just add a bit of one of the veggies or fruit into the chicken mix. like 1/4 cc of chicken and the rest squash with a bit of the repta aid in there, so theat he wont get stoped up again. So are you putting the dragon dust and the spray vits in the syring as well? You may need to get a dust calcium if you can't get it into the syringe. Judah loves his vita dusts it is like his salt & pepper! Sometimes he wont even eat his salad unless it in on there. they are quite smart, he never sceaces to amaze me! I use Stick tounge Miner ALL and Jurassi Cal (it is D3 Free) But the Miner All has D3, you have to be carefull of D3 with proper Uv lighting they can get D3 poisioning. There is Mener ALL O which is D3 Free. I nly use a little tiny bit of the Miner All so hes been ok with it thus far. But soemtimes they love the taste of these vits so it is soemthing to consiter later.

It is really hard to get babies to eat veggies. So it is good that you got the dragon dust, that looks liek a really great product. Judah wouldnt really start eating his veggies untill he was about 5-6 months. I use to just get a leaf of his greens and try and stick it in his mouth. I would hold him in my hand and push a lil piece between his lips. He of course would refuse several times and try and shake it out of his mouth, but eventually he woudl wear down and then eat it. I woudl just do this with a few pieces a couple times a day, eventually he started eatting them on his own. It is not easy, but eventually if you plead with them enough they will eat the leaf. It was alot easier with a lil piece of squash because it doesn't bend as much and he really would go for the apple, strawberry or mango with out hesitation. OH BTW watch your fingers with the fruit, thye can soemtime get your finger in there. OCH!

1cc at a time is good, if he will eat more then go for it! you can do this several times a day as much as he will eat really. I would soemtimes get judah to eat 2-3cc it woudl just depend on how much he liked what i was givinghim and how hungery he was. Perhaps you can try soem Phoenix worms? most of our guys really really like these more than any thing else. You can get them from Pheonixworms.com this is streight fromt he source. I would start with the smallest amount (I thnk 500 in one container) these last for months. So if he doesnt eat them right away you can keep them in a cool dark place and will have them for several months. You don't have to feed them or anything, it pretty great. Judah loves these, I had to stop giving them tohim though because they came out whole so he was getting nothing out of them. :( such a wate of money for me. This is not very common though, just a fluke with me.

other than the strained pooing of recent, is the poo looking more normal now? Is there black in it now, or still just the white urites?

jsm5010

Original Poster
you think I should mix the repti aid in the baby food because I stoped feeding that to him when I started the baby food?

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Oh yeah you can still feed him the repta aid, its really good for him. It has lot if vits and such in it and it is suppose to help stressed dragons and is suppose to help appitite. Ok well at least we know that the babyfood is coming through that is why the urites are odd colors. When he starts eating some buggs it will turn black and white. I can not stress enough the importance of tring to push food on him in a bowl in his viv, if you dont he will get so use to being and feed in syringe that he wont eat other wise, hell just keep holing out for yu to feed him. They can be pretty stuborn and set in there ways thats way we all become beardie slaves :D :whip:

jsm5010

Original Poster
i just tried feeding him applesauce and he said no way. I have already feed him chicken and carrots today plus he had a 20 min bath maybe hes full

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Sounds like it :lol: not sure what time it is where you are but maybe try and give him a little bout 1 hr before bed time. Or just start tomorrow and just from now on as I mentioned, mix a little bit of one of the others in with the chicken so it cuts it a bit and he dosent get constipated again. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom