please help asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsoxgurl1984

I received a call my friend had a friend that moved into an rented house and they found a beardie - soooo skinny but seemed alert - they called me as they knew i had another beardie - I ran over and looked at him and said i would try to help him - my vet is away and the guy filling in wont come in special to see him so i am trying to get him through the night - ran to store got a tank lights and he is on contact paper - temps are right so went to go get him - wrapped him like a taco (and made sure car was nice and warm and brought him/her home - i would say looks about 5 ish due to head size but body is sooo small - 1/2 the size of my 2 year old - he is somewhat lifeless now - prob due to stress but beard is totally black eyes 1/2 shut and lifeless in cage - i am so worried will die tonight im in tears and i just met him - i prepared some food and put in 5 crickets to see if he would eat but nothing - any suggestions - he was in a fiithy cage cracked no lights god knows how long there the renter didnt live there and was unaware ? i just dont get it why didnt they bring him to a store or vet or humane sociaity anything to just leave him --- any suggestions to try until i can get him to the vet tomm also due to the fact he has had no lighting for who knows how long should i leave light on all night tonight ? just to keep him warm ? help i am totally stressed trying to stay calm - I have done well with my other guy he turned 2 in july a little fat but nice and healthly

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Don't leave the lights on all night - he needs to sleep to heal. Do keep him warm overnight though - you can fill a sock with dry rice and microwave it for him to lay on. Start by getting him hydrated - a nice warm bath followed by a small amount of water or unflavoured pedialyte will help. If he eats while dehydrated he may get impacted, and you don't want that! You can also try some butternut squash baby food, but just a small amount to start with. Don't give too much protein - he probably can't process it right now.

Good for you for helping this poor little one. I hope he'll be OK! Fingers crossed for you.

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
I'm not an expert, but I'd be tempted to at least leave the lights on for a few hours to get his temps right up. One of his main problems right now could possibly be dehydration, which if he's not eating won't get any better - do you know how to do the bath thing? I'd be doing that for at least 20mins in tepid water, then pop him back in a nice warm area, see if he'll eat anything but if not just leave him rest for a few hours & do it over again. God I hope he pulls thru, it's just not right is it!

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
OMG- How can people be so cruel! :( We are praying for a good recovery. God bless you for helping him.

Sandy and Katherine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom