Possible Yellow Fungus? UPDATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
Oh my goodness :( I am so sorry you lost him. It was probably for the best tho that you did put him down. He is no longer suffering :(

Denise Bushnell (RIP)

Juvie Member
Retired Moderator
I am so sorry that you lost your little Jack..... I know how much it hurts to lose a pet that you love. Also, don't ever think that having an animal that is suffering euthanized is "taking the easy way out".

When they are in constant pain, or have little to no quality of life, and no chance of getting well, it sometimes takes more courage to let them go, than it would to continue to care for them and treat them. No matter how much you love them, sometimes you have no choice. You have to love them enough to let them go.

I'm sure that your little Jack knew how much he was loved, or he would have never survived as long as he did, with a growth like that in his throat. Try to remember that he knew how much you loved him, and that you did all you could....no one can do any more than that. And know that he's now in a better place, where there's no more pain. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

msmaui

Juvie Member
I'm so sorry you lost your baby. I lost my Cinnamon on 11/15 and I truly understand how devastating it is. Thankfully your other baby is happy and healthy.

eddie74

I am so sorry, my heart is broken so I know you must be very distraught. You will always have your memories of him. RIP Jack.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry. You did the hardest thing. I don't think he would have survived. At least you know why he was sick. Sometimes they get sick and no one can tell what's wrong, they just don't survive.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm so sorry that you had to have Jack put down, that is a hard decision to make but one that we have to make to prevent them from suffering any longer. The poor thing must have had that tumor for quite a while, that was why he didn't improve. What a shame that one of the other vets didn't notice it sooner.

You did the right thing, as hard of a choice as it was. He is at peace now and no longer in pain. It will take a while to get over this, but hopefully each day will be easier, I truly am sorry. :(

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Please don't be too hard on yourself....that poor sweet little baby was obviously suffering, there is no way that we would think you took the easier way out. The easy (yet cruel) way would be to selfishly hold on to him. He feels no more pain and that is a wonderful gift that you gave your beloved Jack. I'm sure he loves you even more for doing so.

I am so sorry for your loss. :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am very sorry that you had to put Jack down. I realize how devastating that is. :cry: At least he is not suffering anymore now & he has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. He knew that you loved him, & that is what is important.
If you need anything, let us know.

Tracie

bmr7311

Original Poster
I just want to say thank you to everyone for all the support. It really is a comfort to know that others feel the way I do about their beardies and know that Jack was more than "just a lizard" as some less understanding friends and family have put it. Everyone here knows about each of their beardies own unique personalities which makes them so lovable, and which is why it is so difficult to lose them. Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement.

Elaina

Juvie Member
Aww poor you and Jack! You know he looked a bit ill in the first picture of when you brought them home. You tried so hard, a lot of us have been there, and you did the best for him. I am so sorry for you, you know that Jack is better now. Yellow fungus is very treatable if you do ever have to face it. It takes an internal antifungal along with the Nolvasan. We went down that long road with Stewie and now he's great! So if that was part of the problem and Fred shows signs, know that you can tackle it. You sound tenacious anyway- and I'm sure Jack appreciated having you there for his little life. {hugs}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom