VERY WORRIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfm08

Hatchling Member
Beard has turned black.... He is not pooping well it is mostly runny and i mean way runny... Im nervous trying not to panic!!! what do i do

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Ok, first of all, panicking is the worst thing to do, stay calm and we'll get him/her taken care of.

Male or female?
How old is your dragon?
How long have you had your dragon?
Was your dragon a rescue?
Do you use UVB? Please be specific (Coil, compact, flourescant, etc.)
Do you use a heat rock or undertank heater?
Do you give your beardie baths? If so, how often?
What do you feed your dragon?
Have you gotten a fecal done?
What substrate do you use?
How much and often do you feed him?

It sort of sounds to me like parasites, so a fecal is a very good idea. Does his...well...poop, smell bad? If so, he probably has parasites! Has he been eating?

HowlinGaleDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Retired Moderator
Uh-Oh that sounds like parasites I wouldn't mess around he sounds stressed if you can his next poop get a Baggy and collect some take it to your vet and ask them to run a fecal for parasites, fecals usually cost $12-$18 and if the dragon has parasites most likely the vet would give you Panacur i think Panacur is the safest to use unless you treat it herbally. But I really would get his poop to a vet ASAP and take him with you so they can get a weight to properly dose the meds if it's needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom